Duckwater

Would you shoot someone robbing your house?

Funny story with me about the 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.

Went through a shoot don't shoot scenario in military police training. It was an awesome $1million video game. Everytime I jad to shoot I did 2 center 1 head, complimented on my shooting and then dropped, because my CO did not think it was right for MP's to shoot people in the head.

But more than likely I woudl end up shooting center mass because that is what I was trained, but if during the heat of the moment when my house is being burglarized and I feel threated, if a part of me remembers shoot to wound then I will.

By the time you read this you have already read it.

It's a LOT different when the real bullets are flying in your direction, though. Brings out a different kind of stress in you.

I would imagine. I've never experienced it, hope I don't have to. Although I'm going to train as realistic as I can.

"Train for the worst, hope for the best..."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's a LOT different when the real bullets are flying in your direction, though. Brings out a different kind of stress in you.

Completely understand, that is why I can not say for 100% i knwo what I would do, but just hope that training kicks in instead of fear. Also hope I am never in a situation where I will have to find out what I will do, but if so I hope I will do everything right and not let my anyone down.

By the time you read this you have already read it.

if possible, I'd hold him at gunpoint until the cops arrived, but don't take that to mean I'd hesitate to shoot him if he became a threat.

Exactly.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Fla. Law 776.031 Use of force in defense of others.

A person is justified in the use of force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's trespass on, or other tortious or criminal interference with, either real property other than a dwelling or personal property, lawfully in his or her possession or in the possession of another who is a member of his or her immediate family or household or of a person whose property he or she has a legal duty to protect. However, the person is justified in the use of deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.
776.08 Forcible felony

"Forcible felony" means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

Construe the law any way you want. You come into my house in any state (uninvited) I am going to feel you are a threat to my and mines lives and I am going to shoot to kill. Shoot first ask questions later. Better him than you. The cops do it all the time
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I caught a kid stealing gas from the farm tank one night and held him at gun point. When I told him I was going to shoot him so he wouldn't go anywhere he started to cry and wet his pants. He was no threat so I just let him go I felt he had learned his lesson. The next day he came back and again said how sorry he was and wanted to make it up to us. He spent the next few days stacking hay and picking up rocks in the 90 degree sun, and yes I paid him I didn't use him like a slave.

Been held up at knife point TWICE. If I had had a gun, would have been a mess, but there probably wouldn't have been a second guy brave enough to try it.

Kennedy (no relation to the liberal Democrats) probably thinks you should have given your wallet and offered the assailants to carve their gang signs in your flesh with their butterfly knives. I would have capped them like you but I am naive and a redneck out for blood that has a poll that is invalid.

A liquor store owner in K.C. Mo was tire of being robbed so he armed himself.

Two guy's entered his store one waited at the door the other approached the counter with his hand in his pocket and said give me money or I kill you.

Store owner (old fart) Shot the guy at the counter (hand still in pocket) shot him again as he was leaving the store (the look out already split).

The robber collapsed in the parking lot cussed at the store owner who then finished him off. All the robber had in his pockeet was his hand. (cheapskate).

DA prosecuted the store owner for shooting the robber outside the store. Owner found not guility because fatal shot was fired inside the store:o

Kind of hard to stop the adrenaline at the door when some one threatens to kill you in your store.

The robber never came back:)
IMO not the same as someone stealing your car or stealing some stuff from the ground floor of your house and your sleeping quarters are upstairs.

Mossberg 12 ga home defender 18.5" barrelbad guy enters bedroom after hearing the round going into the chamber to bad so sad 00 buck can't miss.

Bad news got a big mess to clean up and a damaged door and wall.

R.I.P.

PS laws vary by state so shooters beware. Some people (police included) in high stress situations miss some of the time with handguns.

R.I.P.

Zenster is right, except I would add that anyone who says shoot to wound has obviously never been in the situation. When you pull it out you shoot and you don't stop till they are gone. If you are really lucky he didn't return fire. Now that 4 0r 5 seconds have elapsed ....

Blue skies,

Jim

firearm rule one as taught by my father and grandfather..

Never draw aim at any living thing you are not prepared to kill.

Amen....

I was raised to defend my family, If an intruder enters and I have the means to take his life, I will with no hesitation. My girlfriend is of very slight build and the three children 6, 10, 11 years old would be no threat to an muscular or armed assailant. In this situation I will be the last line of defense.....

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I didn't like any of the answers the poll offered so I didn't vote. I keep a pellet rifle that will shoot a hole through 1/4" plywood, but just having something that looks like a real gun can be somewhat of a deterrent, but I'm not going to shoot unless someone makes a threatening move.

I've been broken into twice. The first time they broke in the back door and took my skydiving video camera. The second time, the window in the garage was smashed and most of the power tools were taken. Both times nobody was home. If I were to catch one in my house next time, and I bet it would be the same asshole, I'm liable to beat the hell out of him! >:(

All I really need is to catch the SOB and corner him somehow or get a good look at his face, as the police station is only 2 miles away and they respond fast.

Generally, you're allowed to shoot or attack in self-defense if you are being threatened with bodily harm.

There was one very sad incident in Birmingham last week when two young pre-teen girls were home and their uncle came in stone drunk and started yelling and chasing them and beating them up. One of the girls grabbed a knife and stabbed her uncle in the back while he repeated punched her sister. He bled to death. You sometimes have to do what you have to, to stop the threat. What's worse is that the girls loved him, despite his drinking problem.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So you loose a round into nothing in your house?

At the time of my incident, I was single and lived in the house by myself.

If you've ever actually been trained in tactical defense, you would know how asinine your 3 steps are.

You're right. btw, was trained to shoot when I was a teenager by a neighbor who was a SWAT sniper. Obviously a bit different in this type of situation, but I do know how to shoot and wouldn't miss unless I intended to.
Sidenote, I do own a couple guns right now but they're museum pieces (Quackenbush for reference) and I will be getting my dad's Beretta out of Mom's house in the next couple of weeks since none of the brother's wives will let them have guns in the house. will be heading to a range to get current with it too.
-----
~~~Michael