MochaSkyChick

Dating For $$$...Could you??

After overhearing a conversation around the water cooler today, I have to say that I am completely disgusted with the so called rules for dating. A few people were talking about dating and how they could only go out with someone "financially superior". They said they want someone who can show them a good time. One person went as far as saying that they would rather date someone with whom they didn’t connect that has more money rather than someone cool who couldn’t support their “wants.” They said, “If they have enough money, you can learn to like em.” Maybe it’s the country girl in me talking but how can how much money a person has determine how much fun you can have together?

I may be wrong but this way of thinking is truly F’d up! Isn’t this just a legal form of prostitution??? I mean if you are dating someone you don’t have anything in common and don’t really like because they have money and they give you crap aren’t you prostituting yourself?

Others may disagree but I figure it shouldn’t really matter what someone’s bring home as long as he can pay his own bills and I can pay mine. It’s not like they were looking for someone financially secure because they were thinking about the futures (food, shelter, kids, etc) they were thinking more about, “can they buy me stuff to make my friends jealous.”

Ok, that was my .02 for the day so I’ll go back to my special corner now…oooh shiny!

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

Mocha you have just touched on a problem us males have had for years.

Takes money .. period... Most women are looking at your check book after they've decided if they'd sleep with you.. If the balance doesn't equal what they deem superior then your shit on a stick..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Haha! Don't start me in on my rant! I hate it when people date others for their money.

As for myself, I make my own money. I don't need anyone elses. If you can't support yourself financially and need someone else to, you are still a child (heh...I still qualify as a child...I live with my parents! :D)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Isn't that something that women do?

Takes money .. period... Most women are looking at your check book after they've decided if they'd sleep with you.. If the balance doesn't equal what they deem superior then your shit on a stick..

>:(>:(>:(

Once again, I make my own money, and so do the other women that I work with. We don't need yours! Actually, it's stereotypes like that that make me paranoid and have to make sure that my boyfriend never spends more money on me than I spend on him.

Haha! Don't start me in on my rant! I hate it when people date others for their money.

As for myself, I make my own money. I don't need anyone elses. If you can't support yourself financially and need someone else to, you are still a child (heh...I still qualify as a child...I live with my parents! :D)

Why does this sound very familiar???:ph34r:

I've dated quite a few women that work their way into finding out how much I make as soon as possible. It goes right up with the "better than the Jones" attitude everyone in a big city seems to have.

Most guys can detect it - we are used to it. Everytime I found a girl like that, she was gone shortly afterwards.

Isn't that something that women do?

>:(>:(>:(

Once again, I make my own money, and so do the other women that I work with. We don't need yours! Actually, it's stereotypes like that that make me paranoid and have to make sure that my boyfriend never spends more money on me than I spend on him.

Not a sterotype (well it can be) my comments have come from personal experiences. I was speaking in general terms. Most skydiving chix are higher calibre women then you'll find in other circles. No offence ladies. Wasn't directed at all of you.. Was in general, from my personal experiences :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Most skydiving chix are higher calibre women then you'll find in other circles.

Haha! Now that I'll disagree with!

my comments have come from personal experiences.

Yeah, I understand. It just gets tiring to hear over and over again that a way to impress women is to have a large bank account. I would be much more impressed by a double-jointed guy than a rich guy.

Ahhhh...stereotypes. I guess "Women are golddiggers," is just as annoying as "Men are assholes."

Money is good it helps you in life.
But no amount of money will make me love or not love someone. I would feel like a total WHORE even if for one sec. I would think like that.

But the sad part is most people are like that.
It doesn’t have to be an exchange for money.
When a guy shows up with a Ferrari or can take you on nice trips that will make a big difference.

Most people won't come up and say hey I have money suck me. But it changes more minds then people would admit.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I can take care of myself, I don't need someone to take care of me. . .better yet, I don't want someone to take care of me. I allowed that to happen once in my life. . .never again.

On the flip side, I don't want to take care of someone either. Just be self-sufficient. . .that's all I ask. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I do have to say I have both guy friends and girl friends (no I am not Bi I mean I have friends from both sexes.)
To this day I have never had a guy say wow she is ugly, or a bad person but she is taking me to HI so I am going to date her.
I have heard many woman say that he is really rich, or he is taking me some place exotic.
And so I am dating him even if he is not great or nice.

I think Chris rock put it best. Money can turn a guys bald spot to a part.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think gold diggers suck. My brother almost married one. Financial independence is important, but money should never have to become an issue in a good relationship.

I don't date guys with more money than me... cuz I only date skydivers. :D:D:D

My sweetie and I are on an equal playing field. We take turns buying dinners and such, and we each do what we can. That's the important part... not who does more. :P

LOL i probably shouldnt post here, but what the hell.

ive been with my husband for almost 4 years. i just started working, for the 1st time since we've been together. i didnt marry him for his money, that was never an issue for me. but most people that dont know me, and a few who do and dont like me, are quick to say i just married him for his money. hes not rich by any means, not even close, but we live comfortably. they see me not working, they see him 'supporting me', and boom. im a "gold digger". its not the case, what he makes has nothing to do with my love for him...but somehow, someway, i can be viewed as a money grubber. MUCH more by women then by men. its always other women who have something to say. anywho, thats my experience on the topic lol.
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

To this day I have never had a guy say wow she is ugly, or a bad person but she is taking me to HI so I am going to date her.

I have. A guy I know wanted to break up with his girlfriend for a year. He kept delaying it because her father owns a big healthclub chain in Chicago. All the perks he got from dating her kept him there when he didn't really want to be there. He didn't think she was pretty, and he thought she was a bitch.

personally, I don't give a damn if someone I date makes less money than I do. I make a pretty good salary for someone my age, so I run into that a lot, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

What I do require is that someone be either financially independent, or making a darn good effort to get that way. A guy who still lives with his parents when he's in his mid to late 20s usually isn't someone I'd date.

There's plenty of cheap or no-cost ways to have a good time. As long as you're spending time wiht each other and enjoying it, that's what counts.

Hi Mocha

When we went to the big college I asked a girl out and she wanted to know what kind od a car I drove:o

Lesson learned. Found a women who wouldn't drown in a rain storm, been together 30 years.

I wonder how may times the car lady has been married:)
R.I.P.

Personally, I don't mind if someone I'm dating wants to buy me dinner. Its nice if they're able to. However, opening the door for me is more important. Listening to me rant when I've had a rotten day is more important. Knowing when to tell me that I'm overanalyzing life and to just relax and live it is more important.

I'd rather go out with a guy who was dead broke but made a consistent effort to let me know that he cares in many little ways than with grand financial gestures. Dinner at McDonalds with someone you really want to be with is way more special than dinner at a five-star restaurant with someone who's a rich asshole.

Personally, I don't mind if someone I'm dating wants to buy me dinner. Its nice if they're able to. However, opening the door for me is more important. Listening to me rant when I've had a rotten day is more important. Knowing when to tell me that I'm overanalyzing life and to just relax and live it is more important.

I'd rather go out with a guy who was dead broke but made a consistent effort to let me know that he cares in many little ways than with grand financial gestures. Dinner at McDonalds with someone you really want to be with is way more special than dinner at a five-star restaurant with someone who's a rich asshole.

I totally agree. Lots of money and ways to show it off isn't the way to find something special. At least it's not if you are truly wanting to find someone special.

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

Pick up any paper. Look at the personal ads.

Which ones say "I like travel, dining out, vacations, boating, want financially secure person..."

Which ones say "I am a successful... with a boat..."

:o

My :D:D Personal Ad

I come from a very wealthy family and have seen money do so much more harm than good.

I'd rather work for it myself and live my own life even though I could have so much more if I wanted to get it.

Dating for money is just foolish. From both sides, those doing it and those allowing it to happen.