Yes, I got an email yesterday.

We go back almost 40 years.

A lot of scenes, memories and thoughts.

I know from my own life how it is to be in
such deep despair that that seems like the
only way to make it stop hurting, but it really
sucks to know that Joe was there.

Tell them you love them while they are still
around, it's too late when they've gone in.

Skr

This happening, sorrows me, and confuses me even more. Joe as long as I have known him, which is as long as I have been jumping, he has owned my respect and admiration, as a skydiver, and even more as a person. He has spent more time away from the sport than most people that jump have been in this sport, and he still had 40 years jumping. This is where he had my respect, he knew more about skydiving than I will ever know, and he was more than happy to share it. Even thought he was old school, he was one of the few that would want to learn new things. Joe was an active freeflyer, and would always want to do a freefly jump, when most would limit themselves to what they have done.

This happening confuses me, because the Joe I knew was very happy, we hung out sunday and he had a huge smile on his face and didnt have a care in the world, he had hugs for everyone. I dont know why he would do this, I am sure he thought he had a good reason, but this is a tragic loss, not just to the skydiving community, but to everyone that had the chance to meet him. Joe was a great person, and everyone that was blessed enough to meet him will miss him dearly.

I will never know why Joe did this, but I will always miss Joe and wish he hadn't.
Blue one's joe, fly free.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

The locals did a sunset jump for Joe last night. I think there were 35 people on the jump and many more came out to watch. The dz had as many people at it as some weekends. The entire formation didn't build, but that really wasn't the main point anyway. There were many long faces, big hugs and words of support going around. We all just wish Joe would have talked to someone about what was on his mind. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The locals did a sunset jump for Joe last night. I think there were 35 people on the jump and many more came out to watch. The dz had as many people at it as some weekends. The entire formation didn't build, but that really wasn't the main point anyway. There were many long faces, big hugs and words of support going around. We all just wish Joe would have talked to someone about what was on his mind. [:/]

Wow... what a wonderful tribute.

(((Hugs))) to all of you who knew him and mourn his loss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

This happening confuses me, because the Joe I knew was very happy, we hung out sunday and he had a huge smile on his face and didnt have a care in the world, he had hugs for everyone. I dont know why he would do this

Dude, I know what you mean. I partied with Randy at Halloween at SDC and then that following week he hung himself. We were having such a good time and kidding around. He dressed like a pirate. He knew more about fixing planes than most mechanics I know. I guess we never truly know what's going on inside another persons head. Even if we think we know them well.