Antithesis

If a cypres life is 12 yrs

Yeah no kidding. There's a used Alti-2 Galaxy on the somewhere right now that has an opening bid of like $150. You can buy em brand new for like $130ish if I remember correctly.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Who would pay $400 for one with 2 yrs left on it.. Damn, that would be paying twice more per yr on a used one than if you bought a new one at 1200.

Ebay

Well, actually if you add in all the batteries and 4 and 8 year checkups, add that to the price of a new one and divide that by 12 you would save about $100.00.

I still wouldn't buy it.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

You're particularly Honery(sp?) today...I like it

You like it enough to buy me a new jumpsuit since the medics destroyed mine 2 weeks ago? :)

(Come on, can't blame me for trying!! :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I would offer my condolances for the loss of your jumpsuit, but something tells me you're not interested in condolances

Depends what kinda condolences you have in mind baby...:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

What's the actual cost over 12 years tho?

$1200 up front, plus two service checks, plus batteries - how much do those add?

$1200 to Buy New (Not going to shop around here just going to go for it, cant put a price on safety right!

Plus 6 Btteries at $85/per

Plus 2 x 4 year checks at $250 (with total shipping)

Plus average of $10 for battery change to rigger during re-pack $60 (some charge some dont we are talking averages)

Equals $2270

Just a rough sketch but that broken down over 12 years is $189/year

and lets say you do about 200 jumps a year then your looking at less then a dollor a jump in this thinking $0.945/jump

Scott C.

Forgot to add:
Say you pay the $400 and you are good to go, no battery need.

your at $378 for the 2 years from what we looked at above so you are just behind and got screwed on the deal :(

BUT just has luck will have it the timing works out that you can squeek out the extra three months with +/- 3 from DOM and the price per 2 years with the extra 25% goes to $355.56 and you just saved $22.44 Life is good! B|

You are no longer screwed and te deal is not that bad. BUT IT CAN GET BETTER!!!! Take the $50 credit at the end towards another cypress by trading it in and your down to $305.56

All totaled up, you are ahead on the remaning 2 years with $152.78/year cost vs. $189/year from new! Your a HERO!!!!
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Well, I'm more of a "buy it right the first time" kinda guy right now but I was damn poor when I started jumping. There's a college kid just off AFF at our DZ who's going to pick up a similar unit with a similar DOM for a similar price. It may not be exactly the most cost-effective over the long run, but if it gets him into a Cypres that's better than him trying to jump without one, right?

PLUS: With a DOM of 9/94, it'll get you through this season, next season, and most or all of the 2006 season. So actually you have three years left on the unit. Not too shabby, actually.

Elvisio "call me Bob Barker" rodriguez

The one in the auction doesn't seem to have had the 8 year check, but someone was willing to put a recent battery in it. So, if you get the 8 year check,
add the cost of that. Also, they replaced my non-expired battery when it went in for the check. All in all a really bad deal. My Cypress is about the same vintage, maybe I'll sell it to the 2nd-highest bidder!

Say you pay the $400 and you are good to go, no battery need.

your at $378 for the 2 years from what we looked at above so you are just behind and got screwed on the deal :(

Yeah, the last time I overpaid $22 for a lifesaving skydiving device I never hope to use, I was pissed at myself for weeks.

If you assume 200 jumps per year (as your lengthier message did), that would be 5.5 cents of overpayment per jump...

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Yeah, the last time I overpaid $22 for a lifesaving skydiving device I never hope to use, I was pissed at myself for weeks.

If you assume 200 jumps per year (as your lengthier message did), that would be 5.5 cents of overpayment per jump...

Yeah, that would suck. ;)

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

as a side note, does anyone remember what happened with the cypri on ebay that survived the train wreck?

For those who don't know, some guy was trying to sell these even tho AirTec had declared them unsafe. For some reason, I thought they were a DOM of 94 too. I think AirTec put the serial #'s on their website to help people avoid them
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1