elfanie

Nicknames/Handles

I don't THINK this has been discussed...at least not recently....

*grins@ivan*

What is your nickname...and how did you get it/what does it mean? (either in RL...or here at DZ.com)

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

J-Rock......
To break up the stress during the day... one of my consultants and I would create nicknames for ourselves or for the other person and send them back and forth in request we had during the day.
Mine eventually became J-Rock and his Groovy-B.

bwahahaha... this is done nearly weekly.. but ok..

Zeemax - i used to use a lot car foums and Zeemax is a maker of a bodykit that i had on a show car. Yup, i'm a geek. Was the only login i could think of at the time.

Macca - nickname i've had since i was 2, comes from my surname Macdonald.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

vonSanta - because my real life first name is Claus.

the von bit is a long story involving chute-shooting allied fliers in an online mutltiplayer WWII flight sim - kinda silly :P

Oh yeah, the bullies long ago used to call me Claus Climbing Mouse for some reason. Dunno why and never found out, heh

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Fruitcake.......my cousin gave it to me because whenever we go out for bike rides and come to a big drop I am always the first person to say..."fuck it....i'll do it." I do a few rides up and then just huck. he usually just shakes his head and says now I have to do it you ass.....your a fruitcake.

Joe
PS-Photo attached of a drop.
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

1990 in Coolidge (Skydive Arizona at the time) I got bit by a rattlesnake after 20-way practice (late at night, coming back from the videographer's trailer/topper where he was dubbing the day's dives).

They called me 'Snakebite' and it stuck.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Fruitcake.......
Joe
PS-Photo attached of a drop.

BWAHAHAHAHA!:DWhen I was in HS, I was called "Nutty-as-a-fruitcake" 'cause I was always doing something stupidB|...LoL...RoadRash, on the other hand...well, taxi-ways are hard...:S

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

1990 in Coolidge (Skydive Arizona at the time) I got bit by a rattlesnake after 20-way practice (late at night, coming back from the videographer's trailer/topper where he was dubbing the day's dives).

AAAHHHH....:o
don't say this!!! I jump coolidge..and that's one thing I'm terrified off...is the summer out there! with snakes...and scorpions..and terantulas...and..and...MORE SNAKES!!
I am SO SO SO not looking forward to running into rattlesnakes out there..
and ohmygod..you got bit by one???

*shudders and looks faint*

--------------------------------------------
Elfanie
My Skydiving Page
Fly Safe - Soft Landings

Malfunction:
Had 3 reserve rides in my first 100 jumps. My buddy started calling me Malfunction whenever he introduced me to anyone and the name stuck. Actually requested Infinity to stitch the name on the side of the rig... they didn't like that idea too much but would oblige.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

Photo attached is of the landing.....I made it blue.:)
Hows the new one?

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Goose: is really just a tag name in the on-line world... guess 'cause I'm a pilot, some used to call me Goose in highschool.

Jesus: Well, 'cause I rock the long hair and sport a beard in the winter. I'm real popular during the hollidays and now, OMG, now that the passion of the Christ is out I don't hear the end of it. "Hey! Look it's Jesus!"... I guess it could be worse lol

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

My Nickname is Hans (long story coming up):

My first year at Uni, I really partied hard and didn't give a crap what anyone thought, and pissed many people off. That summer, I really changed (don't know how or why) and when I came back for the second year everyone asked what had happened. I said that in the entire first year I had been kidnapped by my evil twin, Hans Graham. This was from the episode of Friends where Brooke Shields gets obsessed over Joey's character in Days of Our Lives, but gets confused when she sees him on TV whilst she's talking to him in his apartment. She asks how he can be in two places at one, and Chandler shouts "Because he's not Drake - he's Hans Ramoray, Drake's evil twin brother!"

It's kinda stuck.

Phew, that was tough, well done if you made it this far.

As for BBKid, there's a drink I'm partial to -

shot of blackcurrant juice
shot of malibu
shot of taboo
make up to a pint with half cider, half lager

- called a Brownie Bomber, hence BBKid

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

I've had a handful.

In highschool, I was "The Colonel"
In the Corps of Cadets I was "Tackleberry"
At Spaceland Rabbit named me "Cornfed Muthaf--ker"

Everyone knows me as AggieDave, though...B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

mibster99

My original handle is from grad school. The program was called MIBS and we were therefore mibsters, 99 is year of graduation. I know this is lame.

DownWind

This was given to me by the Techumseh gang down at Skydive South Beach over Christmas for having landed down wind two consecutive days in a row. First time I landed off the DZ in a plowed sugar cane field. I was more concerned with location than wind direction. Learning experience. The second down wind was on the DZ the next day. Wind direction shifted 180 while we were in the air and I was oblivious of the change. ended up landing on the unused E/W runway. Both of the above DW landings were made with a borrowed rig, which I ended up purchasing. The first one got the rig a bit dirty, the second put a hole in the reserve flap (did not functionally impact the rig). I hope I don't live up to my nickname this year!

The Wanderer

Graciously bestowed upon me in high school by my buddies who astutely noticed that I would generally just wander away to return later with everyone wondering where I was.

AggieDave gave me this one: Worlds Most Extreme and Crazy Timid Skydiver ... I guess it actually worked out that way down in Aggieland too, huh? I only jumped once. :D:P

ACMESkydiver refers to my fallrate...[:/] I fall like Wile E. Coyote gripping an ACME anvil...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.