diverdriver

Unwritten Rules of DZ.com

These are good words to live by when visiting the forums. Thanks B^2.

So...let me put this out there as well.
1) "This ain't NO damn Democracy"
2) Please do not use one liners in the forums.
3) Please do not use moving avatars.
4) The moderators do not need to explain their decision to delete a post.
5) Please do use good manners and respect the homeowner when invited in to visit/play.
If you are asked to wipe your feet or even remove your shoes while here, it should be done simply out of respect.
Please do not throw litter on the floor. Sangiro doesn't trash your house...please don't trash his.
Thats all I have to say 'bout that.

B^2

I think it goes to how people show respect to each other these days in real life. We are not entitled to anything when we are guests in someone else's house. Be respectful. Have fun. But please, treat each other well. We are all skydivers and have a kinship that transcends many other human bonds. No where have I seen people offer up couches to sleep on without ever meeting that person face to face. No where else have I seen people accept an offer of a couch to sleep on without ever having met that person face to face.

Old timers offer freely of their time and experience. They want those who follow to have an easier time of things than they had. Pay it forward? It could be describe as such. So when it's offered. Please be respectful of the gift that has been put forth.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Old timers offer freely of their time and experience. They want those who follow to have an easier time of things than they had. Pay it forward? It could be describe as such. So when it's offered. Please be respectful of the gift that has been put forth.

Word. These folks haven't survived thousands of jumps by being stupid.
Furthermore, the moderators as well as a few others give of their time, talent and energy to help this community.
A thank-you once in awhile would be nice rather than complaining about how unfair things are around here.
I do however have a solution.
If you don't like it, the door is this way ------>
Regards to all.
B2

Yes, and thank you to all.

You have been an excellent source of knowledge and camaraderie. The knowledge I have gained as a newbie may also save my life someday.

That is a debt I can only attempt to repay with my attitude and interactions with those coming up after me in our lifestyle.

...Blues!....

5) Please do use good manners and respect the homeowner when invited in to visit/play.
If you are asked to wipe your feet or even remove your shoes while here, it should be done simply out of respect.
Please do not throw litter on the floor. Sangiro doesn't trash your house...please don't trash his.

Can my dog come in as well....I promise to slap his nose when he scoots his ass along the carpet.:D

Seriously tho.... Props to Sangiro and Crew....errr lets say Kudos instead:P

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

No, but it would be useful to know why, so we can learn from our mistakes, and avoid repeating them.

I just had a seed message vanish yesterday, with no explanation why. And the moderator of the forum doesn't allow private messages, so I can't even ask. The post contained none of the forbidden content. It's just an unsolved mystery...

No, but it would be useful to know why, so we can learn from our mistakes, and avoid repeating them.

I just had a seed message vanish yesterday, with no explanation why. And the moderator of the forum doesn't allow private messages, so I can't even ask. The post contained none of the forbidden content. It's just an unsolved mystery...

Perhaps it was just boredom.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Only one Moderator has their settings set not to accept PM's and that one just recently changed it. Actually, I think that change was made just yesterday. Moderators should not have to explain or justify every little action they do. It happens all the time, a post gets deleted then people get all defensive about why it should'nt have been. Who cares if it is deleted... let it go then and there and walk away from it.

Personally I think that Talkback is too under moderated and everyone better be glad I'm not a Greenie around here... :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Word - And word again -

Thanks to all who make this place happen!

Show some respect, and be cool.

I tip my whiskey glass to you!

dumpster sais it all.
thanks to driverdiver too for reminding us these rules

piis
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

If you're talking about a post in the Women's Forum, I had 2 complaints from women in pm's (I accept pm's, you obviously didn't try me) within minutes about you posting it there. It's the Women's Forum...if they don't want posts like that in there, they're going. I meant to put it in TB, but accidentally hit the trash bin instead and I can't get it out of there. I didn't pm you because I'm a gimpy, busy mom and didn't have time.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you're talking about a post in the Women's Forum, I had 2 complaints from women in pm's (I accept pm's, you obviously didn't try me) within minutes about you posting it there. It's the Women's Forum...if they don't want posts like that in there, they're going.

Yep, that's the message. Thank you for that explanation.

The women folk are already talking about birth control, IUD's, pregnancy, shaving private areas, and so on. And my seed post was about abortion privacy, so that seems related. I don't see why anyone would be offended by that subject - in fact, I thought they would want to be informed about what is happening there.

Were they only offended because the message came from a male? My intention was to just post the seed message, and then stay out of any discussion that followed. Would the same message have been trashed if it had been posted by a woman?

I'm just asking... I've seen men post topics in the woman's forum before. I'm just curious, trying to figure out what the rules are over there. If someone sees something that is of interest to women, I wouldn't think the ladies would care where it came from.

As it is, if they have concerns about abortion privacy possibly being usurped by the Justice Department, they won't get the news here...

>Were they only offended because the message came from a male?

From the women's forum rules - "A place for women to share their experiences, ask female-related questions and get empowered in a comfortable environment. All are free to post or read, but keep in mind that there can be sensitive topics here, enter with maturity in mind. Highly moderated."

In other words, be very, very careful about what you post if you are a man. If you post something that seems inflammatory and intended to get people going, it may be deleted more quickly in that forum than in other forums (which is why the "highly moderated" suffix was added.)

Were they only offended because the message came from a male? My intention was to just post the seed message, and then stay out of any discussion that followed. Would the same message have been trashed if it had been posted by a woman?

Actually, I think they were offended because the thread came from you. From what I can gather, I believe some of our members are a little tired of these "seed posts" (as you call them) because they all have to do with your perceived notion that people's civil liberities are being violated. You post so many of them in Talkback, they didn't want you bringing them over to the Women's Forum too.

The forum was created for women to post there and we allow posts by men if they stay topical. When I get complaints, the posts will definitely be moved or trashed. From now on, post them in Talkback. All the women who read Women's, also read Talkback anyway.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon