KolinskyDC

Ultimatum...Relationship or Skydiving?

I know my skydiving is putting a strain on my relationship now. Mostly cuz Im gone and spend lots o money, but at least theres none of that what do you love more crap that I got when I was drag racing. :S

:o
..couldn't be because you post your nakedness all over the internet? Just a thought, just a thought...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Anyone that would make you choose between them and somthing you love doing (as long as it's not hurting you or anyone else) if they make you choose they could never be THE ONE

My wifeIS the one:)
edited to add:
My wife did give me an ultimatum, once.
STOP drugging and drinking myself to death or she'll leave,
I didn't,
she left.
Then I got the message 2 months later, got my shit together, she came back, that was nearly 14 years ago.
But she'd never ask me to stop skydiving, hell she paid for my AFF1:)Have I told you how much I love my wife:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would choose skydiving over a relationship, simply because relationships have not ever worked out and do not work out for me. I trust skydiving, I do not trust relationships. Skydiving may break you wallet, but it won't break you heart. A relatiionship not only has the potential to break your heart, but oftentimes your billfold as well.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

but... if that were not the case (:S) i would choose skydiving. i would not sacrifice my own dreams and passion for someone else's selfish needs.

Right on sweetie. If a person is going to ask you, no, FORCE you, to quit something that you clearly love, then they have no consideration for your feelings, and even thinking about asking you to do such a thing is both selfish and childish.

So on that note, THAT'S IT, CHOOSE, ME OR YOUR RIG!!!! B|:D:D

I kid, I kid, I know I'm nothing compared to that rig. ;):D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

where's the choice for both? it seems to be working out just fine for me and my sweetie B|

i think when you find your soul mate you don't have to worry about ultimatums. everything works out just fine. . . . and i am speaking from experience

I used to think that I could date whuffos and it would work fine. I soon found out the they don't appreciate your weekends full(and a couple days during the week too) and they don't understand you hanging out with your guy friends at the dz. I guess I wouldn't have time for a relationship that wasn't with a skydiver...however, I don't want to deal with dz drama either....so I am officially dating my rig.....the only thing it asks for are air baths, repacks and a lube job every once in a while. :D:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

I have to go with some previously mentioned sentiments.

If the ultimatium is given, then that person isn't the one.

Caveat: As from squeak, you're not hurting anyone, or doing anything illegal....

My current relationship: She is a (sort of) whuffo. She's come to the DZ and hung out for a weekend. She's taken photos of me in the air, and landing. She's watched some (all) of the footage that I've taken (good and bad). She's watched a couple of the skydiving movies that I have. She's coming on a packing cse with cdts next month.

She may be a whuffo by definition, but she knows that I like jumping. Heck, she's even told me to go jumping on a couple of occasions. I'm working my way up to getting her to do at least one jump, and she's ameanable to the suggestion (just a couple of things to sort out first though)

I don't get it when people say that they don't date whuffos, or skydiving is everything. It's just a part of your life that a potential partner has to come to grips with.

Just my 2c.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

If you met someone who was the person of your dreams, but the fact that they would not be with you if you continued to skydive...

Usually the whuffo date doesn't even have the moxie to discuss it, and they just fade away while trying to make it your fault citing some baseless issue.

It depends on how you feel at the time.
Skydiving is not the be all and end all of
life.

I'm in the fortunate position where my
long term partner is also my team mate and
a skydiver. I also enjoy plenty of other activities
so if for some bizzare, improbable and unimaginable
reason she asked me to stop jumping I would ask
"Why?". If she gave me a good answer I'd probably
stop jumping and take up Freestyle MX instead.
Kiss my dogs arse.

I am starting AFF on saturday, so I really don't know what I'd do if I was in a relationship and they asked me to stop skydiving (since I havent started yet). I met a guy a week ago who wanted a relationship with me (he moved a little fast!), and one of the reasons I said no is because I want to concentrate on skydiving, needless to say, he was more than unimpressed. His exact words were "I've been ditched for all sorts of things, but never for skydiving!". I guess there's a first for everything!
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

The person of my dreams would never give such an ultimatum.

A few years ago I made the mistake of proposing to a girl that had expressed some concern over my skydiving.
I thought we could compromise. The first winter after we got married, I stayed away from the dropzone for a solid 4 months. Keep in mind that I hadn't gone more than a week away rain or shine since I'd first got licensed years before.

Come early spring, I go out on a Saturday for the first time in *4 months*, and catch a bunch of grief when I get home. "You spend all of your time at the dropzone..."

That was the beginning of the end for us. I'll be free again in a couple weeks!
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

If you met someone who was the person of your dreams, but the fact that they would not be with you if you continued to skydive, which would you choose. Or if the person you are with right now, spouse or significant other, gave you and ultimatum, which would you choose.

Well if she wouldn't be with me if i'd continue to skyidive, than she is obiously not the person of my dreams. So i guess i'd choose skydiving!
"George just lucky i guess!"

All you girls that say you don't date whuffos - could you do the guys a favor and get all your girlfriends in the sport? When we get to about 50/50, all the guys will finally have this option too.

Now THAT sounds like a good idea - perhaps we could have an incentive scheme - bring a fit friend and get a free jump... and so would the friend...:P;):)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.