Kiki

Best container to get.

Yeah thats what my bf said. in fact he let me try his on too. I did like the way it fit. but i would like to see what other say about theirs too if they are different containers. but yeah the wings are nice i must admit that.
Just because I appear sweet doesn't mean I can't kick your ass!

Ok i know im going to have to do this eventully so I was just curious as to which container ya'll use and why you think it is the best. ;):)

I use Wings.. and I think that's the best one.
The comfort of those is just amazing, specially with the cut in laterals. I have one rig with cut in laterals, and one without.. I am going to have the one without them modified.

Honestly, try the different brands and find out which one is the best one for you
You are fairly new so your first rig will most likely be a used one (at least I would recommend a used one for your first) so it will be a little more challenging to find one that fits you perfectly.
Once you get a brand new, custom fitted rig.. that one will be the best you've had.. at least that's how I think about my custom built Wings container.. :P

For the money, you can't get a better rig.. (actually I don't think you can period, but that is personal)

One that works.

Seriously this is gonna be a loaded question will all sorts of answeres.

Here's what you could do.

Look at a bunch of different types at your local DZ, see what features you like, what might fit your body well (while remembering anything you order will probably be custom fit for you.)

See what you can afford.

Ask about delivery time from a dealer. See what you're willing to wait for.

See what you like the looks of. Most containers these days are built to excelent standards, so what do you like astheticly?

Oh, and my personal recomendations? I like my Mirage G4.1, fits real well, has great features, and looks great.

I've owned several containers and that one is my favorite. My Infinity fits well to and is bulletproof.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

heheh i realize it is a loaded question and since i am a newbie i wanted the opinion of the experienced skydivers to just give me some advice. hehe and yes it probably will be a used rig at first i kinda gathered that.B|

umm chris i never made mention of that. just wanted to know the the safty issues on the rig its self. i realize what i did on my cut away hell i was there. i realize it was poor body postioning and pretty much my fault

umm chris i never made mention of that. just wanted to know the the safty issues on the rig its self. i realize what i did on my cut away hell i was there. i realize it was poor body postioning and pretty much my fault

hahahah nevermind, that's yoru sig line. Put a space or something between it, it looked like it was part of your talking abotu containers, sorry
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

and yes it probably will be a used rig at first i kinda gathered that.B|

Since you are looking at used, then anyone that will fit you that is airworthy would be a good rig. Make sure if you are going to be freeflying that it has adequate bridal and riser protection. My first rig was an Eclipse which my sister now jumps.

Now talking new gear. I love my Odyssey, but I think any rig custom made for someone is going to the "best" container.

Talk to people at your dz and make sure before you buy you get at least 2 people's opinion (riggers). I've seen too many people pay way too much for used gear because they didn't ask for help.

Good luck!

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

My experience includes at least 100 jumps on each of these except the wings.. On that, I have about 10. My choice in order..
Voodoo
Mirage G-3
Wings
Javelin
Mirage G-4

This is based on comfort, safety (do the flaps stay shut?), and ease of packing. It is also based on my personal experience and your experience may be dfferent. They are all great containers. Try 'em all.. Find out what you like. B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

talk about opening up a can of worms.....

Time for Delivery and value of rig regarding cost would put you into the Wings or Infinity. Both different designs but both smoking good deals

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Most all containers are pretty good and owners are biased on their favorites (as it should be).

1 - make a list of what's important to you in a container
2 - rank them relative to each other
3 - try out/inspect/discuss about: all the containers you can get you hands on
4 - score them all relative and add up the categories - top score wins

I've owned:
one of the original Centaurus
Vectors
Javelins
Javelin Odyssey

By far, that old Centaurus was the most comfortable thing ever, but with exposed risers, etc. no good for the stuff I do today (a little bit of everything and a lot of 4 way). The Odyssey absolutely rocks.

You might to forget about the brands and actually think of the features you like: for example, a fully articulated harness and inset packpad is huge for me and available on more than one brand of container. Some people just want one NOW - so that reduces the list to just a couple brands.

..... or, just pick the one you think looks coolest

If you are new and looking at your first rig, don't even worry about this right now - find a used one that's comfortable and holds the right size canopies for you.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

..... or, just pick the one you think looks coolest

By far the best advice yet.:D
Seriously, i have owned a javeline and i now have an odyssey. I am in the process of purchasing another odyssey as a second rig(used) I love my odyssey. I have also seen several new infinity rigs at my home dz and they seem to be very nice and comfortable too. From what i understand they are inexpensive and don't take long to get either.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Ok i know im going to have to do this eventully so I was just curious as to which container ya'll use and why you think it is the best. ;):)

If at any point in your skydiving you think you MAY come into contact with one Gareth Holder, buy a Wings, just to keep him from launching into a semi-lucid critique of whatever else you get.

I have two, and despite the local representative, have had great customer service, and find both rigs very comfortable. Despite using them about equally, all my cutaways have been on the tie-died one. I think it gets stoned.

Call Ankie.

Oh, and look at my pictures on the Wings website.

Are you buying new or used ? If your heart is set on new, Wings and Infinity are two excellent choices for workmanship and quality AND they're both at the low end of the price range. But just because they're inexpensive (relatively) does NOT mean they're cheap. Some of the rigs out there are insanely expensive. No names, but $1899 is too rich for my blood, especially when it doesn't even include extras...

Just about any American built 21st century rig is SAFE if it's been taken good care of by the owner and their rigger. There's a lot of beautiful gear available for very reasonable prices too. Some people with money to burn seem to trade in their rig every two or three years to get something newer, sleeker, faster, hotter.

My rig is a Javelin that I bought used. The previous owner took immaculate care of it. It's a complete system with PD canopies and a Cypres. I got the whole nine yards for 3 grand. It fits (we're both big guys over 6 ft and over 200 lbs) , it's comfortable, it's good looking, it's safe. I love it. So don't go throwing a huge stack of cash at all new gear unless you've got several hundred jumps and have refined your idea of what it is you're looking for. Best of luck!

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !