Raefordite

Price of Jump Ticket increase due to fuel costs?

Thankfully I bought block tickets at the start of the season so I'm set for the summer at home anyway. Elsewhere I'm at their mercy.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Interesting about the Av gas.Just got notified today that effective May 21 prices at SSM will be $19 for the Grand caravan to 13,500ft. and $18 for the T-Bo that goes up to 11-12000Ft.Still beats wasting 6 hours on the golf course with beer guzzling obnoxius "golfers"

at Byron, they've upped the minimum # of jumpers to 12 to get the KA rolling hoping not to have to raise prices, yet.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Curious. I know what I pay at the pump. Saw what 10,000 gallons of Jet-A cost this week. Ouch! Any jumpers see their DZO's reflect the increase fuel costs into increased jump fees?

The price of fuel is going up however the cost of borrrowing money (interest rates) has been at record lows for a couple of years. Both of these costs effect the cost of operating a DZ.

Anyone know of a source of reliable objective data of the effect of different fule rates vs different interest rates for operating a plane like a Otter or skyvan.

Maybe USPA? or a DZO:|

We checked the price of a commercial airplane ticket from seattle to St louis on AA two days ago and was quoted a fuel surcharge of $20 round trip. When we bought the tickets today the fuel surchage disapeared. :o

The GMDZ have a national organization USPA. Skydivers have a national organization USPA.

Someone suggested not buying gas for a day to show the oil companies that the fuel buying public isn't happy.

If you don't think the increase in jump rates is not justified or there's a lack of competion in lift ticket prices try staying organizing a stay at home weekend
at you DZ and see what happens.

OTOH "I'm your DZO/USPA trust me" or I'm a junkie and will pay anyprice to get my fix even if I have to .....

R.I.P.

After I looked at the survey questions I checked out you profile your a DZO If you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of your survey and why are the options so limited. IE do you think the lift ticket prices are justified? Do you think it's fair that the USPA GMDZ's don't have their organization ilke the PIA etc etc.

>at Byron, they've upped the minimum # of jumpers to 12 . . .

Dumb question, isn't the maximum number like 12? We squeezed 13 into our old B90 but it was tight. Of course half of them were SEALs.

One DZ here in CO will squeeze 15 on the KA. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

Our DZ raised it's prices from $14 to $15 about 2 years ago and we haven't raised prices yet. The airport board though are dicks and we're the only ones who use the airport, they've raised our price at the pump to $2.54 plus tax... Kinda outrageous, but we have an STC on the plane and can mix 50/50 during the summer as needed to save some with the load times around .6 with the heat.

Hopefully we don't need to raise the jump prices any, I guess it's kinda up to me, and I don't see a reason to do so at our dz
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

After I looked at the survey questions I checked out you profile your a DZO If you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of your survey and why are the options so limited.

I am a group member. I do own and operate Raeford Parachute Center. However we are only the DZ school. Raeford Aviation (who is not a USPA group member) owns and runs the aircraft and jump business at PK Airpark. The story is a little complicated (as the prop turns). I pay for slots on the aircraft just like everyone else. Each business at PK Airpark is independently owned ( the gear store/loft, restaurant, DZ school).

2 bucks a gallon for gas, so what.

how much do you pay for bottled water?

2 bucks for a gallon of gas is a lot of money if your making minimum wage and have to drive x miles to work and get y miles /gallon

If your a trucker and drive 100k miles/yr a small increase in the cost of gas will add up. The trucker passes the price on down to the consumer so the price of everything delivered by truck goes up. This is called inflation.

The minimum wage person will pay for that also and the minimum wage laws won't catch up for years.

OTOH water is free. If a person living in a area with a safe water supply wants to spend money to have a machine put the water that came from where? in a bottle and cap it and is willing to pay for it I don't think those folks are concerned about the price of the water. It's the Bottle that counts:o

Personally I bought one bottle of the water in the green bottle with the french name and just refill it from the tap befor I leave the house to impress the BabesB|

Since I started carrying around my green bottle of water I have had to book my dates 2 weeks in advance.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Hi Boss lady

Thanks for the response it wasn't necessary I hope you got my telephone message this morning apoliging for my post I over reacted to your survey.

Raeford DZ Is the home/bithplace of more world class jumpers than any DZ that I know of in the world.

FWIW IMO The worlds greatest Female accuracy and style champion in the world got her start under Jean Paul's wing at Raeford befor joing the army and the golden knights. Lets see what's her name:SMs Sterns (sp?):)

The different owners operator's at Raeford make perfect sense unless someone had the big bucks to but the whole show and I'm sure there are other legal and business advantages (please don't explain).

When I checked out your websight I was initially surprised that I didn't the usual USPA GM offical stamp of approval that I've seen on a lot of other DZ websight's.

IMO Raeford doesn't need to hide behind a advertising gimick when their #1. Sorry for the hassle.

R.I.P.

Grovel :(, Grovel,:( shame,:( shame,:( me bad :|

I am a group member. I do own and operate Raeford Parachute Center. However we are only the DZ school. Raeford Aviation (who is not a USPA group member) owns and runs the aircraft and jump business at PK Airpark. The story is a little complicated (as the prop turns). I pay for slots on the aircraft just like everyone else. Each business at PK Airpark is independently owned ( the gear store/loft, restaurant, DZ school