chopchop

Weekend Numbers...

Good weekend, if with only 3 jumps and iffy weather for 3 of the 4 days!

Many!:3:1

Yep

3 Jumps, all on Monday due to either rain or high winds the other days.

1 Case of Icehouse for hitting 100!! And before any of you Snohomish people get any ideas.... I got pied big time at Blue Skies!! I have pics and video, so yes.... it happened!
B|

Congrats!

10:20:many

10 mins in the tunnel. That kicked ass!
20 awesome skydives at perris!
Beer for first time at perris, first boogie, otter jump, skyvan jump.
People at Perris were so cool... I'm gonna head down there again soon.:)

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

0:5:1

No humps ... I might be able to fix this bad trend of mine ... at least I'm optimistic ... aghh shit it ain't going to happen is it ...

Five BASE jumps at the Memorial Day boogie at the Perrine in Twin Falls ID. Not too bad considering that we got winded out for most of the weekend and I did decide twice NOT to jump due to the conditions at the time.

Beer owed for my first BASE jump (a PCA off of the Perrine Sunday morning, plus four more hand held exits). Good fun I tell you, but it is a serious environment which requires good decisions, respect and good canopy control skills.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Heh, now i want a new toy...

Toys good, toys always good.

When the hell did you disappear Mark? didnt even say bye

Got word of a growing mini-crisis with the customer, had my team working on it till close of business Friday and with the break in the weather on Saturday, needed to boogie fast to get back without getting caught in a storm. And spent Sunday/Monday following up. Racing through Iowa with tornado sirens blaring in the towns I was going through was a little unnerving.

On the plus side - convinced the employer that I should drive to Detroit for GM's Device Integration Test of our part next week - that I should leave Friday around noon and return from Detroit Friday morning - guess what is almost exactly halfway between here and Detroit - a certain DZ in Ottawa, Il. And the company will cover the travel costs. If only I could claim jumps as customary and reasonable business expenditures.

So, if you be floating 'aboot' the DZ this weekend - I'll buy a few rounds of your choice to make up for skipping out ;)

24:16:a lot

24 minutes of tunnel time (thanks Dom!)
16 jumps
1st time really jumping at Perris
1st time flying a wing suit
1st time in the tunnel
1st time I've ever seen someone passed out fully clothed on the toilet in the mens room at 3am
1st time meeting a whole bunch of dz.commers...

You know you had a good weekend when everything hurts.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

So, if you be floating 'aboot' the DZ this weekend - I'll buy a few rounds of your choice to make up for skipping out

Ok, im holding you to that ;)

Nice work orchastrating the business trip :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

24:16:a lot

1st time I've ever seen someone passed out fully clothed on the toilet in the mens room at 3am

you realize that now, we must ask what you were doing in the MENS room at 3 am???????? :S

Looking for a place to sleep!
;)

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

hehehe - still chuckling over the Nissan S EX though :P (Sorry Darius, it was funny.)

That (Nissan) S EX was the best ride of my life! Didn't last very long, though!

Stop making fun of the foreign boy goddamit.;)

I loved that car until I lost it to that puddle.:P

as for the weekend.

:):0
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

0:4:1

4 jumps.. first was a 3 way head down with Doc and some other guy to a horny gorrilla to a round. Fun jump! then uhh.. a flower (head down) exit with Blake that went fuckin' KILLER to a sit fly, then a 5 grand hop and pop supposed to be three way head down but i totally fucked up exit and ended up pulling tarek outta the plane. hahaha. WOOPS. Last jump was a solo... also did something that i probably owe beer for. :)

until I lost it to that puddle

HUGE I tell ya, biggest puddle on the street :P:D

What a way to hijack a thread :P

Jen

thank god she avoided that puddle and hit the on coming traffic instead.:D:D
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

55:18:who the hell knows

18 sweet jumps in the smog filled skies of Southern California...flying back into SEA-TAC this morning and not seeing anything in the air but whispy clouds is GOOD. I love being in a place where we have to take our air on faith that it really is there... cause ya cant see or taste it.

I would have gotten in more jumps but the 55 is MINUTES of Tunnel Time.. trying to break 30 years of bad habits. I would have gone for more but I blew out the zipper on my bumper suit.. and the replacement was beating me to death. Thanks for all the Help Christy.... and all the other tunnel coaches and tunnel rats that helped out. I think I was too freakin drunk on Sat night.. to try and even pay any beer dues... or did I .. shit I cant remember. I do remember walking around out in the semi arid outback of Perris at about 3 am or so...Freaky little owl that flew out of a hole in the ground scared the shit out of me when it flew out from under my feet. What the hell was that....eeeesssshhh

3 new Pink Mafia Sisters Initiated.. Fun dives and welcome to the sisterhood...
Got to meet lots of new DIZZIE DOT COM peeps and requisite Amazon Hugs were handed out.. and I finally found a DZ DOT COMMER that I could hug but couldnt lift.....but I did catch him.. unlike others who tried. I wanted a second chance at catching that boy on Sun or Mon.. and another chance to lift him using my legs this time....:P and was a no show...and to Rosa my littlest PM Sister Thanks for the rides...mucho appreciated... who knows what sort of mischief I woulda got into had I rented a car.

10:2:1

10 Trips driving the "lovely";) dz van back and forth from the FloraBama to the dz. (By the way I love getting to know all you guys from other dz's!)

2 Jumps to the beautiful beach behind the FloraBama! One thre-way and one big way with the group from Chester, I love you guys!

1 First, for my first beach jump. It was awesome!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Ok, im holding you to that

And I'm gonna try to write it off ;)
Actually got away with a meal expense of over $600 once entertaining the engineers from DCX during tests of one of thier SUVs in Florida last spring - if you can, get a job with them - they are allowed to be entertained by the suppliers - and I think jumps could be argued as counting as reasonable entertainment.

Catch ya this weekend.

0:3:3
I decided to start my week end on Friday, heading to Perris. BAD IDEA!
- 0 jump: the weather in Perris on Friday looked like the sky in chernobyl  
in the mid 80's!
- 3 mals: while waiting (to no avail) for the sun to peak out, I decided to practice my überpackingskills. Managed to pack 3 mals (at least 1 total) in 1 pack job! That's before I even got to closing the bag!
- 3: the number of margaritas I bought myself the following day to celebrate the 3 mal pack job, as I was in Mexico City waiting for my connection to Acapulco...;)

From now on, going straight to silver if jumping my own pack job...

N.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

:);):13:0

A fine weekend indeed. We begin with a 19 way attempt to build USA in the sky for a fellow jumper who is over in Iraq (for Memorial Day), not the most successful jump cause the U and the A were having issues but very fun nonetheless. We go to 5 training jumps with my 4 way team which is always full of fun and love, then to a 4 way scrambles jump. Unfortunately, our Scrambles had to be postponed due to the weather and close call tornado watch :o, I realized then that we are definitely not in California anymore, Monday we were back to beautiful weather for another 7 way USA jump which turned out pretty good, more 4 way and 2 more fun 4 way jumps on Tuesday with some cool video. Oops! Edited to add make that 13, forgot about the AFF check out dive where I got to A license one of our newer jumpers at the DZ.

It was a great weekend!
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

0:5:1

No humps ... I might be able to fix this bad trend of mine ... at least I'm optimistic ... aghh shit it ain't going to happen is it ...

Five BASE jumps at the Memorial Day boogie at the Perrine in Twin Falls ID. Not too bad considering that we got winded out for most of the weekend and I did decide twice NOT to jump due to the conditions at the time.

Beer owed for my first BASE jump (a PCA off of the Perrine Sunday morning, plus four more hand held exits). Good fun I tell you, but it is a serious environment which requires good decisions, respect and good canopy control skills.

hey, was your count 3-2-1 cya, eh? If so, I saw your PCA off the bridge. Way to go!! B|

~La La Gang Member #2~

hey, was your count 3-2-1 cya, eh? If so, I saw your PCA off the bridge. Way to go!!

I didn't know you were there. Bummer we didn't meet. Yah I threw the "eh" in there as a novelty thing-a-ma-bob for my first ever BASE jump (because some friends were kidding me the night before about doing it). Were you jumping or were you there spectating and watching some friends jump?

Good stuff this BASE jumping. But it needs to be respected.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Since I live in Michigan and being so close to Canada and yuppers, I thought the 'eh' was hilarious.
Yes, I was jumping when the winds weren't sucky. I got 9 in for the weekend, what a blast. I think I was doing video and pictures for some friends when you went off or else I would have seen you at the bottom. Bummer we didn't meet up later. I can't wait until next year B|

~La La Gang Member #2~