sunnydee123

GIRLS and 4th of JULY...

I spoke with John Eddows (sp) last time I was at X-Keys (freezefest), and what I got from him is:

It is a "Boogie" not by invatation only to jump (to compete is probably a different story)

The X-Keys chopper will be there, still not sure what planes

For those of you that don't have a "D", great news, you only need a "C" to land on the beach.

This info is a couple of months old, but came straight from the man (John) himself.

and if I'm wrong I'll buy beer and stuff.........:)

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

Haven't made it through the rest of this thread yet, but...

The Wildwood Boogie is 5 days of jumping on the beach

heli, otter and skyvan jumps

the PST will be holding 1 of it's only 4 events this year during the boogie
(read: lots of hottie swoopers for you single girls to reject) :P

and last but not least - Monkeyclaw, Selwyn and Will!

Come play with us!!

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Kolla, that will be so much fun! I can't wait! Is Gillian bringing the little chico?

About the facilities, well, you can camp. If you're a rough rider, the showers at the DZ will do. Just stay tuned for people flushing the toillets, or you'll get scalded!

Camping is definetely a big part of the whole Ranch experience... you can drink/party as much as you want and not worry about driving anywhere, all those crazy people out on the lose at night, exploring the woods, it's pretty fun.

There's tons of hotels in New Paltz, which is a 10-minute drive from the DZ. New Paltz is a cute little college town with great choices for restaurants, cool stores, good sushi (Neko's, not Nemo's, but pretty close Kolla! :-))...

You can fly Southeast Airlines (v. cheap!) into Stamford airport, in Newburgh, which is closer, but a smaller airport. Major airlines will fly into LaGuardia. And hey, this is New York, so anything you need is very easy to get.

Make sure to make hotel reservations in advance. The summer is the high season for trekking, mountain climbbing in that area, so it's pretty busy.

Let me know if you need more info.

Tchau!

-t

Ah! Almost forgot...

We have planes... lots of them... Last time I checked three super otters, maybe four? Billy (the owner) is a pretty cool cat, and sometimes flies helicopter loads on the weekends. No worries on that area... there's tons of jumps to be made for the willing souls.

Did I mention the fire works? Oh yeah, they're very noice. We were even lucky enough to see the northern lights two seasons ago. What are you waiting for? Go book that ticket!

I ran into Rjf98 last night while watching Michele and Sparky in the tunnel, and he once again said that we should come on to Texas for the 4th. I was telling him that I have been curious about Texas. I have never really been there, except for my layover on my flight back from Mississippi. I also have another DZ or two that I am curious about, but that would be more for social reasons, rather than to jump...lol.

Of course, it seems like The Ranch is winning with all the ladies, so far...:ph34r:

Welp I never used that airline but checked it out and as of right now - a round trip from Sanford, FL to Newburgh, NY is running about $190. I also checked Newark just for the heck of it and found a flight from Orlando to Newark for $237. Anyone ever used Southeast Airlines before? I don't even know where they are located and if you can leave your car there SAFELY. But this is still all speculative but The Ranch is sounding more and more fun. Has anyone seen or heard anything else that strikes your "LET'S DO IT" button ;)?

Thanks for all the info T! With luck and good weather, by July I will be flying on my head like I was born there :P

And Little Miss Vanilla Sky....trust me when I say that Texas is HOT AS BALLS in June/July. If you LOVE (and I mean LOVE) the heat and humidity maybe you'd have fun. It was a great little DZ for sure but I'm not heading back at that time of year again.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I have flown southeast. from fort lauderdale to newark, and Galen has flown them from ST pEtes to Allentown. It's a small airline that is charter based, but has some regular flight schedules as well. It's definitely NO frills, but I had no problems whatsoever. They were on time both flights (with exception of a landing delay in NYC metro area, which is typical anyway), staff was great. When flying them, check the website for where to check in at the airport. They are a small airline and usually operate out of another airlines ticket counter since they have only 2-3 flights a day.

Since they fly from regular airports (Sanford is a regular commuter airport) parking is no different than flying from MCO or tampa, etc etc. Probably better, I tend to favor the smaller airports when choosing flights, much easier, less hassle.

__

So here are some of the suggestions for July 4th:

1)The Ranch (tons of peeps going alreadyB|)
2)Wildwood (PST - $50 min. entrance fee [:/])
3)Mullins Place in Memphis (fast plane :)4)Green County - Xenia (?)
5)Aggieland, Texas (HOT!!!!)

I'm heading home for the weekend (tough life working half days on Fridays). Winds are KICKING here in South Florida so not sure jumping is in the cards (but who knows :P) so keep the suggestions coming everyone.

And FYI - I am guessing we would be more than happy if some of the "boys" wanted to join in our fun. The more the merrier and since this is a holiday weekend we are talking about, planning is a good thing if you want cheap flights ;)

Blue ones gang!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

If ya want cheap, check out jetblue or airtran into JFK or LGA as well. I live on LI so I'd be more than willing to pick people up at the airport in NYC and bring them up-if you guys could all get in around the same time even better! Peachsouthern may come up to and shes from LI as well, and i think she talked about being able to offer to give rides as well. Also, a lot of people from the ranch are from then NYC area and many are always offering to give rides...

Camping at the ranch is so much fun. Theres always typically a big bon fire and night, and ive seen the fireworks too-fun stuff. Plus the people there jsut make everything so much fun. The camping is basically around the swoop pond, but if you want to get away from everyone and all the noise, you can camp over in the student area - definitely more peaceful over there....the showers aren't all that bad, as long as you don't mind a sulfur smell...the shower and water kinda smell like that but when you get out i assure you, you won't smell like it at all. Its really not that bad. They're also generally kept very clean.

It's gonna rock this year, hope you all decide to come out here!

edited to add: we have lots of planes, 3 super otters, and then there's a 4th one too just in case we need it. (i think its jsut down the road, ive never seen it though-but from what ive heard I think its pink!) :)

*daizey*

Hey Girl,

I will most likely be @ PST as well.... depends on whether Dave is going to go to that comp. Other than USPA req's for jumping, everyone is welcome!!! PST events are usually a blast!!! And we can get cheap airfare with Jet Blue into JFK (just have to drive a lil bit).

I'm bummed that the PST Baja comp is scheduled over Thanksgiving week this year - hoping that PST will change the date, cuz that is a definate event to go to. The view from up top was amazing!:)
Ciao for now, g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Pretty sure Sunshine, AlanaB, Me, and others will be at the Ranch in NY. We were kicking around the idea earlier but don't know what is going on now.

As long as i can get the time off work, The Ranch is the place to be for me!!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Though I live in New York, I have to agree with DaGimp on Raeford....
Decent Hotel Rates...I think a double at the HoJo's is $59 for a double..or go sleep on the tuffet...
The weather will be nice and predictable...
You can party as hard as you want or be as quiet as you want.
A GREAT group of people (Tony & Kate & Bill Raff & Ken &..DaGimp and that guy with the Jimmy Buffet Mobile)..
The food is decent and the beer is COLD.
Extra activities...golfing and horseback riding....
and really good people. I'd suggest that...but if you are going to be in New York, I'll come over B|~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

April, your website is sooo beautiful. I adore black and white photography, and your pictures are just gorgeous. I would love to see more someday. :)

Though I live in New York, I have to agree with DaGimp on Raeford....

April, where will YOU be, then, on the 4th...in New York or in Raeford?

Well, I'll vote for the Ranch since my folks live in north Jersey and I've been meaning to jump there for a while.

Anyone going to make the poll, or should I do it?

[edit]
though it would be sad to drive right by and not get to hang with the PMS or do that hybrid with Rosa...
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Hey Girl,

I will most likely be @ PST as well.... depends on whether Dave is going to go to that comp. Other than USPA req's for jumping, everyone is welcome!!! PST events are usually a blast!!!

Oh man, my little Gia will be at the PST in Jersey, as well as my PM sisters, Mel and Alli. I love them all so much. Argh...why can't I be everywhere at once? [:/] :S :)
Well, at least I know that we will ALL see each other at some point. I am just not sure when. Sigh...thank god for long weekends and cheap (sometimes...ugh) airfare! B|

Edit: Hey Kennedy, you mentioned me twice in that last sentence...I have been a Pink Mafia Sister since October of last year. :P

Sorry ,,,nothing against anyone or any place,,,think Eloy x-mas boogie,,then there is no option but Skydive Chicago for the 4th..most turbine aircraft,,,biggest fireworks than most towns,,biggest bon fire's and coolest people,,its the place with the most options and the most fun,,just ask DiverDriver..think about it...wally

Oh glad to see someone post Skydive Chicago in there. I've been off the forum for a couple days. Thanks Wally.

No doubt! 4th of July boogie at SDC is always great! The fireworks display is better than most CITY displays. We have Chef Tim cooking on the pond deck and man, it's just hard to describe. It's a great time YEAR AFTER YEAR!

So come on out. Fly into Chicago Midway or O'hare and takes about 1.5 hours to drive out to Ottawa. Camping, bunk house, wireless interent, shower house, etc... all available to you!

AND! I think we can go for that DZ.com bigway RW record! We definitely have a few resident DZ.com posters and several lurkers.

Whatcha say? Come on out!
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

A GREAT group of people (Tony & Kate & Bill Raff & Ken &..DaGimp and that guy with the Jimmy Buffet Mobile)..

Well April I hate to disapoint you but BRaff is no longer here....he has been in FL for a few years now working at Sunpath

And I am disapointed that im NOT in any of your photos!!! ;);)

I must have been Camera shy that weekend:o
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas