Amazon

For those who have lost a friend

Just a little something I found. For all those who have passed on that we miss. For all those who miss their friends.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I'm not there, I do not sleep.
I am the essence of a clear blue sky.
I am the yearning to climb very high.
I am the breeze you feel as you spot.
I am the rapture of flying your slot.
I am the rustle of a canopy in flight.
I am the flicker of camp fire light.
When you pass through the door into open air,
I know you're smiling, I am the wind in your hair.
So do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
[unknown author]

Jeanne

BLue Skies to all out there who are hurting today.

That's a wonderful skydiver take on an equally wonderful poem. I still get choked when I read it.

I DID NOT DIE

Do not stand at my grave and weep:
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of,
quiet birds' circled flight.
I am the soft stars
that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry:
I am not there. I did not die.

Mary Frye

Those are absolutely beautiful peoms. I copied them both down and will include them with my tribute to my Daddy who just passed away. I am building a memorial garden for him up here in the mountains.

Can I share a Twilight Zone moment with you guys? It was something my deceased fiancee and I encountered on a tumbstone out in the bushes in the middle of nowhere near Haines, Alaska? It was really eerie. I will never forget what it said! We took a rubbing of it. I kind of get a bit spooked that it was my Shawny who made the rubbing, and he passed on just one year later...
If this bothers anyone please forgive me. I just think it's interesting. The date on the crumbling tubstone was in the late 1700s.
It went like this:

Think of me, as you pass by,
As you are now, so once was I
As I am now, soon you will be
(So) Prepare for death, and follow me.

I forgot the name if there was one
Eerie isn't it?! I wonder who wrote it and why?

My Shawny and I wanted to find a cave up in Alaska somewhere to put ourselves and all of our belongings like a time capsule. We wanted to be mummified too, so someone in the future would find us like they did the Ice Man.

Unfortunately though my Shawny was killed in a King Air crash in Hawaii in '99, in which the plane went down in a couple hundred foot chasm just about 500 feet or less off the shore right in front of our house. The dolphins lead us to the plane, leaping and spinning at the crash site! With the assistance of a side scan sonar, a couple Navy Seal jumpers, and a jumper from Maui with a helicopter, they were able to raise the wreckage, but there was no Shawn to be found. There is a song by Sarah McGlauphlin which is very approprite about being raised from the wreckage. All of her songs, which were Shawn's favorite in life, all sound as if he is speaking through them to me from the other side, after his death.

All that was found of Shawn was one of his shoes which a fisherman retrieved from the Ocean. Metaphorically speaking, at least I was able to salvage his sole/soul! I still like to think that he was knocked unconscious and just lost his memory, and is living somewhere in the islands, unaware of his past. Hey we can always wish for the best, even in the worse of situations.

I released a couple dolphin balloons from the crash site, which wound around each other, up, and out past Kaiena Point. In old Hawaiian folklore, they used to imagine that souls left the islands by way of Kaiena Point, so they would take their deceased loved ones and throw them off the cliff there, and out into the Ocean where the swift current swept them out to Sea. He couldn't have had a more appropriate departure, although unfortuately it just happened about 50 years and several children too soon!
I can empathize quite well with all those who have lost a loved one. I have lost too many already! I feel your pain, and send everyone who has lost anyone all of my love!
Tinkerbelle :)
Rehab is for quitters.

"Eerie isn't it?! I wonder who wrote it and why?"

PM'd Tink.:)For anyone else interested...
Maybe a bit of a clue here http://www.primaryresearch.org/GardenCityReview/herzog.htm
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson