TallGuy

American Boogie Stories

So what is your best story from the 2004 American Boogie?

I would say that mine was that I learned a serious lesson while I was lurking a hybrid. On break off I was still in a stand trying to get down to the rest of the group(not being at break off altitude myself). Due to a lack of awareness on my part I didn't realize that they had started breaking off until I damn near had someone track incredibly fast right into me. If we had collided it likely would have been disastrous for us both. I definitely learned that aside from being more heads up I need to begin my break off earlier when I'm a good bit away from the main group near break off time. It's a shame to have learned that lesson from experience.

I also feel the need to acknowledge the car accident that occurred Saturday night. But I'd like to leave that to another post from someone who knew more about what happened and the people involved much better than I do. That said, many of our thoughts are with everyone involved and that we are just happy that nobody died as a result of it.

Hope to see everyone back again next year!

>>It was good to see you out at Lodi for the boogie big man even though we didn't get a chance to jump together. In fact I don't think we've jumped since the PC incident...:P

Man I knew I was bad with names but I'm totally drawing a blank here. Give me some more clues as to your identity.

So what is your best story from the 2004 American Boogie?

Meeting Geno, "The Human Alcohol Sponge" on Friday night and witnessing the gruesome hangover he was sporting the next day. And meeting TallGuy as well, he is easy to pick out of a crowd! Maybe I will try this free flying stuff...

On Sunday, launching an eight way piece off the tailgate, our front three went just a step too far and fell off the ramp. They dangled out there for a couple of seconds hanging on their grips until everyone figured out what had happened and we all went out the back and still pulled of the piece perfectly! Gotta love tailgates! An awesome 4 point 22 way, vertical transition 16 ways, an awesome weekend with some awesome jumpers! Thanks all!

My :D Birdman rodeo with you was awesome... TallGuy climbing was fun too :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the rodeo. It sure seems like it'd be fun to ride on one. Sadly I don't think anyone I know could keep their wings out with the extra weight of having me on their back.

Always a pleasure to be Northern California's mobile Mt. Everest.

It was good to meet you Betty. Hope you can make the rounds and visit us sometime soon.

I can't help but laugh every time I see Geno in freefall. He looks like he's having way to much.

Nice pics! Now where's the rest of em?

The rest of them? I have about 20 more that I would love to put on there, but they are too dark.
They are from the "cross country" jump, and I really needed a flash on that one. They make for a nice desktop background though :P

These SO ain't enough pictures of me......

:(

Pff.. the ones I have is just because you cut in front of me :P ha ha..
It's funny the exit footage of the raft jump, you let go and hop over to the middle.. going for a face shot of GFD..

Where are your pictures?

It's funny the exit footage of the raft jump, you let go and hop over to the middle.. going for a face shot of GFD..

He wasn't going for a face shot of GFD. GFD was geeking the camera. Or so I heard....

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

21 way hybrid (2nd attempt) I'm primary camera

Just prior to jump run putting my camera helemt I lost the side padding with the dytter right out the door. Dumb ass...

Handed it back to the pilot, checked my shit as they were exiting. dove out found an empty slot and docked it.

Now that makes it 22.

Sorry I didn't get more pics sat and sunday but missing the padding made me quite insecure jumping the helmet and losing it. Plus the padding I used to fix it hurt my head really bad.

Plus skydance has way too much fun throwing animals out of planes. See attached.

More pics at www.petergallistudios.com
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com