AggieDave

My butt hurts :(

No, not because of that.

I caught a wind rotor today coming in with a tandem and got slammed the last 5ft. My student was fine, I took the brunt of the force with my feet then ass, and he was protected by bouncing off my thighs.

It was so odd, since this was the 6th tandem I had landed in nearly that same exact spot, the winds hadn't shifted more then 10deg and a tadem had landed about 15 ft from there roughly 20 seconds before me.

So...my ass is sore. Luckily not a broken sore, but a "I'm gonna need some advil in the morning" sore.

Now that I shared my story, I'm sure that I'll get all sorts of "here's why your ass is really sore" jokes/stories.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

She probably doesn't want to, since due to the left over beans that was cooked up last night (that I ate last night, for breakfast today and for dinner tonight), I literally have the worst case of gas I think I've ever had (even worst then that week I ate only MREs)!>:(

Its not so much that I'm farting a lot, which I really am, its that its really really REALLY bad.

I'm telling you this, since like most country boys/rednecks, I'm really proud of my "talent."

:P:P:P

And that is the last post of this thread I will read

:P

Mary, you know you love me.

Ok, back to the original post!

Be ready for anything while under canopy, I think I wasn't actually hurt and my student wasn't hurt today simply because right before it happened, the canopy felt "weird" so I burried the toggles (which felt like the thing to do).

She probably doesn't want to, since due to the left over beans that was cooked up last night (that I ate last night, for breakfast today and for dinner tonight), I literally have the worst case of gas I think I've ever had (even worst then that week I ate only MREs)!>:(

Dave,

I think I know what happened:

In a Discovery channel special they were trying to unravel the mystery of the Burmuda triangle. The best guess - one which would certainly account for it, is that some kind of gas is escaping from the bottom of the ocean in that area. It was tested and proven, that a gas (such as methane), in sufficent saturation, would cause a plane (or a parachute in this case) to lose lift.

So in this case, the reason why you went in is this:

If F x I is greater than HT, the result with be LDA

Where:

F = Farts
I = Intensity of the fart
HT = Human Tolerance

L = Lower
D = Density
A = Air

By landing in the same place all day while farting, you basically saturated the area with methane, setting up a situation where you created thinner air, hence loss of life.. er.. I mean lift.

Glad to hear no serious injury. Heard that the tailbone is a bitch when broken -

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

Now that I shared my story, I'm sure that I'll get all sorts of "here's why your ass is really sore" jokes/stories.

sure.. he he

Now take out that dildo and get back up in the air;)

heal fast bro,soft pillows to you:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

So...my ass is sore. Luckily not a broken sore, but a "I'm gonna need some advil in the morning" sore.

I don't know you to joke with you about your sore ass, but I can tell you that I had a couple of hard butt landings, and although it wasn't broken, it took months to heal. Didn't keep me from jumping, but was painful to sit for the first couple weeks and even after would notice it when I'd sit down, stand up, and even now, months later I notice when I've been on the stationary bike at the gym for awhile when I get up my ass hurts. It just takes time to heal, you just have to live with it. When I know you better I'll make rude comments about your sore ass ;)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Sounds to me like it’s all a timing issue, not so much flair timing, but you need to learn to save up the gas and use it when your ass is about a foot above the deck, then employ a little gas landing deceleration thruster action. Yeah baby!!
I do the “traditional tandem butt landing” quite often, or at least on those seldom no wind days in Kansas. I have “thumped” in a few, but been lucky to have never have been hurt in over 500 tandems. You know it’s coming when you feel the “sink” right at flair time[:/]! We may only be 1300’ above sea level, but on a 100 plus day with 90% humidity, we have a density tude of over 5,000 feet. Not that that’s unique to Kansas, you’re dealing with the same thing down there in Texas.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Try putting lots of Head and Shoulders on it. I have heard that works. :D

I don't think he has internal injuries Clay.

But that was DAMN funny!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

the landing are all the farting??

[Cartman] "AHHHHHHHH..............My ASS!!!!!!! You guys....there's not an 80 Ft sattelite dish hangin outta my ass!" [/Cartman]

On second thought Dave.......are you sure you haven't been abducted by aliens recently? :D Are there cows organizing to take over the planet in your area? :D:D