HeatherB

Hurricane Charley

you guys take care over there. It's really windy here and we're going to just get the tropical storm stuff from it. I'm sure my power will go out, as it does for no apparent reason a few times a week anyway. Packing by candlelight, anyone?

__

Aw shit, it's shifted. My area is smack-dab on the line now. B|

Edir: They just said Charley is stronger now than when Andrew made landfall.

Charley was upgraded to a CAT4 with sustained winds of 145+

The National Weather Service said that Hurricane Charley's winds had increased to 145 mph (233 kph), with higher gusts.

At 2 p.m. ET, the storm was centered 60 miles (96 km) south-southwest of Fort Myers, moving to the north-northwest at 20 mph (32 kph), according to the National Hurricane Center.

The hurricane center predicted the center of the storm would make landfall later Friday afternoon near Charlotte Harbor, about 26 miles (41 km) northwest of Fort Myers.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I ain't skeered.
looks like it's gonna come through my yard though.
We're looking at gusts at 175mph.
I say we try horizontal freeflying:P

Get pics then. :P

Be safe everyone.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

yeah, it's starting to skirt the coast line. could come just south of venice now. we're so in a rush for information it looks like we are constantly looking at radar simulations plotted with two points which only shows straight lines. they still it could still take off into the gulf. i just saw live broadcast from ft. meyers. Nasty winds there.

For those in the Sarasota area I'm finding the best information comes from ABC on channel 7.

Right now I'm drinking beer and eating beef jerky.

Dude, you can hide or run from a hurricane

Yeah, that's true. Ask anyone on Florida highways how fast they're doing it. The thing will not only destroy the stuff in its path, but will deposit your possessions elsewhere.

I prefer to stay in places that can withstand an earthquake. On top of that, you don't see it, it happens, and it's over a minute later. Dem hurricanes keep coming at you.

Finally, if I'm gonna get hit, I'd rather not see it coming...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's officially hit land. Poor Sanibel Island met Charley a few minutes ago. Supposedly it's headed straight for orlando.

__

Uhg... I have friends on Sanibel and lots of family in Ft Myers... :(
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Its now hitting port charlotte at 145mph....and since it is heading onto land, the worst of the strorm surge flooding may not happen. But the winds are still picking up!

yeah galen, channel 7 is pretty good info....they just mentioned some guy died on clark road not far from me.....he was driving and swerved to miss a falling tree and hit something.

we have been told repeatedly from local govt NOT TO travel for the next few hours..that guy shouldn't have been driving anywhere!

best of luck and stay dry everyone!
mp

I know this is serious, but I can't help that every time I see this thread "The Tide Is High" by Blondie gets stuck in my head. :|

And I can't help but think of another era, where "fighting against Chalie" meant something entirely different...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ain't skeered.
I say we try horizontal freeflying

didn't you just get hardware of some sort removed??

---------------------------------------------------------

mmmmm yaa, but I'm feeling much better now:D
I'm gonna have my rig repacked soon, I'm headed back up!
Well, I guess all this really depends on whether or not I still have a house after this big blow job comes thru.:S

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

It's just starting to come through my neighborhood. Ya'll wish us luck.:|

Good luck, Towerrat. Hang on to something!! :(

-And just for funnies, that would be focking hilarious if they called it a 'Big Blow Job' on the news...:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I ain't skeered.
I say we try horizontal freeflying:P

Ya, just tether yourself to the biggest tree in the yard and pretend you're a kite.B|

Willy
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.