GravityGirl

Sad day of loss for Byron

For those of you who jump at Byron, or who have visited our little family, you may have known her as speed bump. Or maybe just your shadow if you were holding a sandwich or other tasty morsal.

Yesterday in her sleep, our drop zones favorite dog Meeker passed away. As I understand it, she had liver cancer.

When I got to the DZ on Wednesday, Alana was burning a candle. She said it was to make Meeker feel better. Meeker was having some problems and had to go in for exploritory surgery. Meekers surgery would have been yesterday. But I guess she never woke up.

I'm glad I got the chance to pet her on Wednesday. I'm pretty sad. But Jett keeps putting me in check. She said that Meeker is not gone, she just has to live in our hearts now. (Meeker is also in every one of Jetts Birthday pictures from every birthday. Watching her cut the cake!;))

"Bye-Bye Meeker. I miss you already."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

:( Sorry to hear that Bonnie. I think I remember meeting Meeker on my last visit to Byron a few years ago.

to all who knew and loved her.

But Jett keeps putting me in check. She said that Meeker is not gone, she just has to live in our hearts now.

Besides being a cutie and a lot of fun to hang out with, that's one smart little girl you're growing there. :)

Aww... sad. But it was inevitable. :(

I pet her (and fed her some tuna B|) last time I was out.

Heard over the loud speaker from Vic: "Attention everybody, no matter how hungry the black dog looks, I can assure you she is not."

Woof in peace

Tim

I'm pretty sure i met meeker. The dog that hogged the couch? Glad i got to spend good quality time fighting over the couch with him. Bye Meeker!! Hope you're hogging the clouds. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!