skybaby1975

relationship with non-skydiver, Ya or Na

The more and more I get into this sport, the less and less of a chance I think I'll have of ever actually marrying a whuffo.

With that being said...I don't have much of a chance of finding a girl to marry me at all in the first place (not that that's something I want at the age of 20). ;) That's all.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much all relationships suck eventually.

I know there are some exceptions but I guarantee in a few years, when they break up, they too will admit how much it really sucked.

P.S. Try doing a search on dating a whuffo or dating a non-skydiver. You'll find loads of discussion on this.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

You are absolutely right.

For a relationship to work some vital ingredients are needed, without them, is a failure.

I agree. One of the ingredients is to have something in common. If you live, breathe, eat and sleep skydiving, then that is the only thing you can have in common with someone and so you can only have relationships with skydivers. At 50 jumps, I say definitely give it a shot. You can't be that far down the hole yet;)

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

What are your views on having a relationship with a non-skydiver? would really love to hear some positive experiences. [:/]

My wife is a non skydiver and we're good with it.:)16 years and 3 months:)

BUT
I've only been jumping 2 years
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nuff said. At least if you are dating a whuffo the chances of seeing them after the breakup is smaller since I seriously doubt they will bring their new SO to the DZ to play and you won't have to watch them make out in the hanger.

Of course I'm on the bash men they are all lying bastards kick so take it for what it is worth and do what you want.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Wow, what a cheerful crowd. Relationships suck, men are lying bastards... :|

If you like the guy, just say fuck it and jump in with both feet. If it doesn't work out you can always cutaway, get drunk at a DZ party and have "get over my ex" sex with someone you barely like.

This is the way of life.

Skydivers get caught up with each other because they share the same passion for the same thing. It tends to work for a while.. then life outside of the dz starts creeping in and things change.. differences arise.. just like in whuffo relationships.
It gets complicated when you date a lot of skydivers, and they date a lot of skydivers.. and pretty soon you'll find yourself dating some guy who used to date your friend(s) or who is good buddies with your ex, or ... etc.
Imagine youre on a small island with the same group of people who all like to do crazy shit and get drunk. Whaddya think is gonna happen?

On the other hand.. you might find your soul mate. Just prepare yourself.. cause your soul mate has probably had sex with your best friend.
hrmpf. :|

What are your views on having a relationship with a non-skydiver? would really love to hear some positive experiences. [:/]

I'd prefer a relationship with a skydiver, for sure. I want to share that between me and her.

Of course, right now I'm not dating a jumper OR a whuffo, so I'll have to play it by ear. I don't know if I should be looking for a girl who already skydives, though. So many people have warned me about those...! :P If it ends up being a whuffo, she better be someone who wants to convert to jumper in short order, or it won't last. How many weekends would a whuffo girlfriend tolerate me being gone skydiving? :P

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I'm in one right now, and it's excellent. There are other complications that I won't get into, but the dz is excellent. She's come out there, and started learning how to pack last weekend, likes all the people out there, and will probably end up out there even when I'm not. Granted, my dz is the coolest around, and who wouldn't feel that way, but yeah, all is well in my world.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I'm gonna have to go with a big negative on that one.

But like what Chaoskitty was sayin, be careful which skydiver you get involved with....... especially as a woman new to the sport. You're like fresh meat out there at the DZ... and the men are hungry. Be choosey about who gets a sample, that's all.

-

I married a non-skydiver 17 years ago.... of course, I was a non-skydiver at the time, too!

She always supported me when I was jumping, came to the DZ with me - her and the kids both. ***

Now, 17 years later, and 10 years out of the sport for me, we'll both be taking to the skies together come October.

*** Now that I think about it, she DID keep asking me about my life insurance.... :):PB|B|
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I can't understand why anyone would suggest no to a relationship with a non-skydiver (not Linny in particular, just replied to you), a skydiver or any other type of person for that matter.

I wonder if on some cycling board somewhere people are asking whether t is OK to have a relationship with non-cyclists?!

Every relationship takes effort from both parties. I jump every weekend on one of the two days. On the other day I usually do something with my non-skydiver wife. Occasionally I go down for both days or stay over. We have a fantastic relationship and she fully supports me in my jumping and i am positive she would say the same.

Whoever the person is the fact that you jump should be irrelevant: if they jump too, well hey you share a passion, if not, who cares. If they do then it is not the right relationship for you, in the same way that if they didn't want you to cycle each weekend it would not be right.

Whoever said jump into the relationship with both feet is right IMHO, don't write off 98% of the population because they don't have the same hobby as you, especially if you are new to it!

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Now, 17 years later, and 10 years out of the sport for me, we'll both be taking to the skies together come October.

EXCELLENT! Have a great time skydiving again!

When I read "10 years out of the sport," I kinda frowned and wondered how anyone could skydive and then spend ten years not skydiving, but then before I got deep into that I saw the part about doing it again. Rock on! :)
Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

I can't understand why anyone would suggest no to a relationship with a non-skydiver (not Linny in particular, just replied to you), a skydiver or any other type of person for that matter.

I wonder if on some cycling board somewhere people are asking whether t is OK to have a relationship with non-cyclists?!

There are boards for people who ride bicycles??
How laaaaaame!
:P LOL!

I guess if it's not about the sky, I just can't see caring about it.
Oh, well, that and guns and knives. I can see caring about that.
:D

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

Every relationship takes effort from both parties. I jump every weekend on one of the two days. On the other day I usually do something with my non-skydiver wife. Occasionally I go down for both days or stay over. We have a fantastic relationship and she fully supports me in my jumping and i am positive she would say the same.

Dude! :o Doesn't she get SORE?! :D
ROTFLMAO!!

(I'll say you must have a fantastic relationship! That going down both days alone must take some serious devotion!)

-
-Jeffrey

Kind of a long story....

Part of it was the fact that I couldn't afford to go jump more than once/twice a year (I was working in Germany at a VERY low paying job). If we had $40 bucks left at the end of the week we were doing GOOD.

The second part was, I was in Czechloslovakia jumping when I found out my Mom had passed on. In the back of my mind, I think I made some sort of connection between the two.

Then, the last serveral years have had me in jobs where I only get home a couple times a year, so I never really thought about getting back into it - always WANTED to, but didn't think it'd work.

The wife wanting to try a tandem made me re-realize how much I love to jump, and I made the decision to get back into it.

It's only going to be sweeter now that the Mrs. will be getting into it, too... I think she's more excited about the idea than I am!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I say it can and It does, it all depends on what compromises are you willing to make for each other.

No I'm not talking about quiting the sport or anything like that, just about choosing wisely on how much time you spend with each other, and realizing that skydiving can be treated like a job. Although its a big part of your life, its not mean to alienate all others who dont do the same thing.