steve1

Lost Prairie

Made it back from Lost Prairie. Took my camper and boat this year, so things were a lot more comfortable. My daughter and I camped at Little Mcgreggor Lake. What a beautiful spot.

The jumping was fun as usual. Was in a 29 way Pops load with Amazon. A lot of people were out so I guess it doesn't break the old state record. These were my first 40 way loads, so I felt privilaged to be invited. Watched a 39 way build from the ground. One guy was out. Was part of a hybrid state record attempt, but a few free flyers were out so it didn't build. I went on one tracking dive for a change of pace.

Made a bunch of jumps with Mad John. He must be one tough dude. I mean he's no spring chicken, yet he's still able to organize, and make ten jumps a day (or more), and then celebrate into the wee hours of the morning....(For seven or eight days straight). I wish I had endurance like that.

Did I mention I had a cypress fire? Sucked in down way too low, and landed with two out. There were three cypress fires and a lot of malfunctions this year. I missed Sunday so there may have been something exciting happen that day.

I made one jump with Dave Dewolf, Scratch Garrison, and Scratch's wife. These are truly nice people with tons of memories and stories from the old days.

Bill Vonn and Amy were there. Amy organized a few all girl loads. I think they're on there way to another boogie today. I talked to a few other DZ.Com folks but can't recall all their names.

Amazon and I had trouble getting another boat for the water jumps this year, so they are postponed till next year. So I guess that's about all I have to report from Lost Prairie......Steve1

Did I mention I had a cypress fire? Sucked in down way too low, and landed with two out. There were three cypress fires and a lot of malfunctions this year.

Sounds like Mad John was there all right.. :S:D:ph34r:;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

I made one jump with Dave Dewolf, Scratch Garrison, and Scratch's wife.

"Scratch's wife" = Mustard
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

She is the regional director for the mountain area (Colorado, utah ect), but she must be real busy because we never see her at Canon city.

Well, MHS is by far the closest DZ to her home, and my observation is that since the change in DZO's a year ago, DJan & Skratch spend a lot more time at MHS. In particular, DJan does a lot of AFF classes.

BTW: Are you the guy I filmed on a balloon jump a couple years ago?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Tell me more about Djan (Mustard). I heard she may be a regional director or something. Both she and Scratch seem like great people.....Steve1

Use the search function to find posts by "mustard".

I've been meaning to write something about Lost Prairie here but all I can do right now is sigh heavily when I think about it. I'm having LP withdrawal and I've only been home for 12 hours. Damn.. what a great time.

Montana is beautiful.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Shhhh!!! We all know you were hating it just like the rest of us. Now repeat after me, "The weather was terrible, the skydives sucked, the beer was warm, and there were too many damn Canadians."

;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Shhhh!!! We all know you were hating it just like the rest of us. Now repeat after me, "The weather was terrible, the skydives sucked, the beer was warm, and there were too many damn Canadians."

Don't forget about all those naked Orange people :o

--------------

"Scratch's wife" = Mustard

Man is that woman quick! I've talked to her before via email, and once or twice on the phone, but we'd never actually met in person. I saw her walking across the packing area at LP Saturday, walked up to her, and said "Hey DJan, I'm Dave Todak...you know, livendive?" She didn't wait one second before coming back with "So that IS your real picture in your avatar!" :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I still need to fly "home" to Colorado and do DJan's PMS initiation.

BZZZZZT too late;) DJAN will be getting her PMS number later this week. Even Amy is now a PMS:)
I had a lot of fun... the only downer was the lack of boats.. for the water jumps. I put a LOT of effort into getting all the gear together.. and several riggers got the reserves all packed... and Packing Cathy packed up all the mains.. and double checked everything.. but without my own boat there I could not find anyone interested.in being the other safety boat...NEXT year I will make sure there are two boats there. We also never got the Infinity load off... and no one really organized an all DZ.Com load although I met MANY MANY DIZZIE Dot COMMERS there.. many of them who only lurk.

The Choir went really well even though I did not have glasses to read the lyrics.. I ended up remembering most of them from last year.... and Ned the little Evil Canadian is afraid of what she hath wrought.. my alcohol tolerance is WAY up from last year. I was almost on key at 25 jello shooters this year.

A special thanks to Star for letting me join in with Camp Canada. I think she is very kind and a big sweety for all she does to make it a wonderful place to be. I LOVE all of our Canadian visitors there.... they are a wonderful group of people who really do know how to have fun.

Oh and everyone just remember.. ENORMOUS is completely relative:P

Btw.... thanks for rubbing it in. Yep the rest of us are going to the "corn" boogie Amazon. Don't you feel sorry for us ?

I saw the Weather Channel ( first time looking at a TV in over 10 days) and the weather in the east aint lookin so good.. MAN I love the mountains in Montana in July and August... the water temps in the lakes there were brisk but very very nice...low 70's are perfect water temps when the air temps get up to 90 with a humidity under 40%..oh and the Rope swing collected a few new victims this year.. again.. that rope is some sketchy shit.. I had one realllllllly screwed up exit.. and landed in about 1 foot of water.. just a few bruises and scratches from the gravel and small rocks there... it could have been far worse if I would have landed just 2 feet shorter on the bank. No ROCK enemas for me thanks..... oh and might I suggest to others that taking your FREEFLY suit or RW suit to the lake after a few days is a VERY good idea. the landings in the water got out the dirt/dust/perspiration.. really well as I was practicing my sitfly to head down transitions off the rope swing:P

Just do not do a forward transition.. the water up the nose as you do a facial into the water from 20 ft kinda blows:S

..oh and the Rope swing collected a few new victims this year.. again.. that rope is some sketchy shit.. I had one realllllllly screwed up exit.. and landed in about 1 foot of water.. just a few bruises and scratches from the gravel and small rocks there... it could have been far worse if I would have landed just 2 feet shorter on the bank. No ROCK enemas for me thanks.....

I remember seeing that one from the shore! Scared the hell out of us! Amazon you are one tough cookie. :D

--------------

;)

Blues,
Dave

No worries Dave. I couldn't remember the exact press release statement but I would expect to see a slight variantion thereof on this years Boogie Video.

..oh and the Rope swing collected a few new victims this year.. again.. that rope is some sketchy shit.. I had one realllllllly screwed up exit.. and landed in about 1 foot of water.. just a few bruises and scratches from the gravel and small rocks there... it could have been far worse if I would have landed just 2 feet shorter on the bank. No ROCK enemas for me thanks.....

I remember seeing that one from the shore! Scared the hell out of us! Amazon you are one tough cookie. :D

I'm just happy I wasn't the only one of us to come back with battle scars. Misery, company, and all that. I still have a massive bruise along my left love handle. Still it beats last years carnage.

I'm just happy I wasn't the only one of us to come back with battle scars. Misery, company, and all that. I still have a massive bruise along my left love handle. Still it beats last years carnage.

A bruise on your love handle huh? Was that from Saturday night's activities? ;)
Somehow I managed to escape LP with nothing but a few scratches on the bottom of my feet from running across the ...... oooh I can't talk about that :$:)

--------------