Shotgun

Did you try alcohol before you were legally old enough?

Just curious... From a recent conversation, I am under the impression that most kids try alcohol at least once or twice before they are legally old enough. So I just wanted to see if that is true on here. It doesn't matter if your parents gave you permission or not, I'm only interested in whether you drank at all before turning the legal age.

And yes, I did drink sometimes before I turned 21. Is that normal, or am I just a heathen? :)

I got caught by the police buying beer when I was sixteen. There was a sting operation against the gas station where I bought the beer and I didn't notice the white van with tinted windows and a video camera inside across the street when I came out with a 12 of beast in my hands. Yeah that sucked. The worst part was telling my mom that I had been to the police station that night. The cops never called my folks but said they might so I had to tell them what happened.

Big Ed

Guilty. Was a picture perfect high school student, but when the summer away from home right after high school came it was all about the alcohol and continued for the first couple years of college.

Funny though, because I stopped drinking just before I turned 21 and spent most of my last two years of college not drinking a drop.

That didn't last much longer than that. :D
Killing threads since 2004.

A bit, yes. I was allowed wine on special occasions after I was 15 or so. My older brother spiked my pop once, that was the first time I got tipsy, at about 14. And I liked coolers :)

But I never drank much. Still don't (last weekend not withstanding :ph34r:)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

No, but then again the drinking age was 19 back then, but I was grandfathered in at 18 because it was a new law. My parents also gave my brothers and I each $500 if we didn't drink until we were 18. It was worth the money. I went on a cruise to the Bahamas and drank a lot! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I bet some doctor slipped a bottle of Jack in the womb and Keely succled it for 9 months.

Nah, I was still on the Schlitz Malt Liquor at that point (picture attached)...
I didn't move on to the whiskey until I was at least five or so. :P

Oh, and I miss you too, buttnugget.

most kids try alcohol at least once or twice before they are legally old enough***

ONCE OR TWICE? What planet have been living on. Or are you referring to alcohol induced comas?;)
Got plastered when I was 13 the first time. It only went downhill from there... But then again, considering where I'm from, drinking is a national sportB|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Do you think that if the legal age had been 21, you would have waited that much longer?

Hmmm, probably not. Three years at that age seems like such a long time! And I was in my third year and college and married by then. No, I'm sure I wouldn't have stuck to it! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

my dad gave us wine (just a little) with special occasion dinners,, he put whiskey on teething babies, he put whiskey in honey for a sore throat..
I think it was a ruse to get the kids to bed early, so that he and mom had time together..which may explain the large family I come from....
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]