Darius11

How many kids do you want.

I moved out when I was 20. I had no money and a shitty job. My mom said stay as long as you want, but once you move out, there's no coming back. You'll have tasted independence and we'll be at odds constantly if you moved back after that. Seemed logical to me. I lived in my car for awhile and when I had a place used to stuff toilet paper from restaurants in my pockets for use at home. But I sure as hell didn't move back.

I have one.
Everyone likes him, including me :ph34r:
It's incredibly cool to watch him grow into an adult.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

you moved out at 20, which in my house is 2 years too late.
Actually, I'm being harsh, they'll have a choice, either go to college or get out, but once they are out that's it. I'm not gonna play the "live with mom and dad till I'm 26 and driving a new car and not paying any bills" game.
I've seen some of my friends take advantage of their folks like that, and it's bullshit.

I was on my own rather soon so I have a different outlook on life. It goes something like this

GET A JOB!!!!
if you are in school: get a part time job.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I could have guessed that the majority of votes would be to the first one.

I want 2 kids. One boy, one girl. Boy first ( hopefully ).

Wow. Now, see, I was NOT expecting to be in the majority. (I voted for 1) I get so sick of people asking me when I am having kids or acting totally shocked when I tell them I don't have any.

I HATE KIDS!! THEY'RE ANNOYING, THEY'RE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE AND THEY'D NEED WAY TO MUCH OF MY TIME!!

Its hard for me cuz I'm a married woman over 30 so people expect me to have kids. I get so sick of it... >:(

Why do so many people just think "well its the normal thing to do, guess I'll have some"? Thats crazy!!
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I was told you go to school or move out at 18. If you go to school, don't expect to move back in for the summers for free.

Moved out in September of '98 after graduation in June. Never looked back since. All kids should have to do that.

The no kids option is looking really nice right now.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

good for you Phree. I really think it teaches them to respect how hard you've worked to support them over the years.
I'm not saying I'll cut them off completely, but if you need something there better be a damn good reason for it. I've worked my ass off to get what little I have, and I'm not going to part with it easily.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Wow, I thought I'd be alone on this one, but surprisingly, I'm in the majority.

No rugrats for me, thanks. I love kids and volunteer for them, etc. etc. but I like to give them back when they start crying or screaming whichever comes first.:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Why do so many people just think "well its the normal thing to do, guess I'll have some"? Thats crazy!!

I agree with you, except that I don't hate kids. I am 33, and people think that I am nuts for not wanting to get married, yet. I don't know if I want children either...I did when I was in my early twenties, but I am not so sure now.

Actually, the reality is that I love children, but I have too many health problems to even think about it without knowing that it would be a struggle trying to take care of someone besides myself. Also, the older I get, the less I want children. One thing is for sure, I would rather adopt and help out an existing child who needs to be loved and nurtured, before I would have children of my own. There are so many children out there who need a family.