ccowden

Remembering Tommy

It was a year ago today that we lost Tommy to a landing accident. At first I didn't think that this day would be any different than the 364 previous, but it is.

It has been a tough year for me personally, and I am sure that more tough times lie ahead, but I have made it through with the love and support of my friends and family. I just wanted to say thank you to all who have been there for me and have been a friend to me when I needed it most. You may not even realize you did it, but believe me, just knowing someone is there and cares for me is the greatest blessing of all.

I have been very fortunate to have made so many great friends in this sport and I am thankful for every single one. This past year has certainly been no exception. I feel truly blessed.

It is hard to not have Tommy here physically and sometimes it just downright hurts. But I know he is always with me in each day and on every jump. It is hard to believe that it has been a full year since I last saw him in the sky with me or could reach out and touch him. And even though he is always with me in spirit, I would give anything to be able to give him one more hug!

So, on this day, remember Tommy if you knew him. Pause to think of him even if you didn't. And take time to appreciate all of your friends who are still here with you.

To everyone who has been a friend to me or reached out in some way; Thank you! I love you all!

Pause to think of him even if you didn't. And take time to appreciate all of your friends who are still here with you.

Even though I've never met Tommy (or anyone on here) I still think it's proper I take some time out today to remember out of respect.
I give vibes to everyone who knew him as today must be hard.

...be at peace Chris...
Friendship always endures...........

remember.... " we are not human beings having a spiritual experience,,, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.".. Tielhard d. Chardin...

and as you have noticed,,, Tommys spirit is still with you...and with anyone with whom he shared the sky, time on a dropzone, or a ride to altitude.[:/]:|:)skydive softly skydive often skydive with friends
:)jimmy o[:-)

When my husband and I began this adventure into skydiving last year there were 3 'team' websites we lurked just to get a feel for the sport...yours was one of them.

"That shit was cool!"
"Did you see that??"
"Did they really do what I thought I saw??"

..fascinated whuffos, we were...:)
Then when your team suffered a loss we felt it too, though we never did get a chance to meet y'all...[:/]

Stay strong, lots of hugs to ya from some West Coast 'admirers'...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Thank you so very much everyone for your kind words and support! I smiled so many times today because of my friends and it really made this day so much easier.

I love all of you so much! And you are all close to my heart and on my mind.

I know Tommy was smiling too!

Oh wow, I missed this somehow. Thanks for the reminder to remember a damn cool dude.

Chris, that was a really nice tribute. I hope to meet you some day.

Tim

Edit... Over use of the word dude

I'm sending a hello Message to his Brother Johnny. It's been far too long.