blackwidow

Can you name this aircraft?

It has to be fictional-There's a female in the cockpit

No, but the same pic tells you its obviously fictional. No wet behind the ears LT. is going to be piloting anything experimental or super classified. For those kind of assignments, Lt. Col. is seems to be the minimum rank.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

So, I'm guessing you've never seen the STOVL variant of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter?

There's an airscoop that opens up for Harrier type operations; short takeoff and vertical landings. The airscoop closes for horizontal Mach cruise ops.

If anything, I'd say that's a credible addition to a mythical stealth aircraft that operates in carrier ops.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It has to be fictional-There's a female in the cockpit

heh, we know it's a movie, but in that same pic you can make out that she's wearing a standard jumpsuit and a non-standard helmet.

No G-suit? No oxygen feed? Wow! A supersonic fighter flown by a superhuman that doesn't need oxygen over 3 miles up....

heh
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

The photos may be real, but the jet is not. ;)

The photos are clips from an upcoming motion picture titled "Stealth"

Read all about it here.

The pilot, shown in the one photo, Lt. Kara Wade, is actress Jessica Biel.

To help prepare for the flim and better understand the psyche and character of carrier tacair pilots, Jessica Biel spent several days last December in Lemoore, CA with the Vigilantes of Strike Fighter Squadron 151. She didn't actually get to fly a jet, but spent time in the simulators, hanging out with squadron aviators, and even sending a few rounds downrange on the base's small arms training range.

She created quite a stir, as you may imagine.

B|

FunBobby

No G-suit? No oxygen feed? Wow! A supersonic fighter flown by a superhuman that doesn't need oxygen over 3 miles up....

heh

Of course the pilot doesn't need these things - it's a woman! If my Mum can hold six plates at 400F temperature without oven gloves, casually remarking that they're "a bit warm", then I'm sure she could fly that thing, even if it doesn't exist! :P

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

heh

Of course the pilot doesn't need these things - it's a woman!

Point well taken!

Hell, women are so damn tough, I'm surprised they even fly ram-air parachutes. Them are for sissys. Give 'em a few T10's.

heh ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

the truth has been revealed in previous posts. still, from just looking at the pictures:

i work on the visual effects industry and my take on this is:

BOGUS!!!!!!!!!!

Visual effects giveaways:
- pic 1 - the texturing seems too cg-like on the tail ruddsr/stabiliser,
- pic 2 - nice comp!: nice vapour, at least as a still frame. this is what helps sell a comp, environmental interaction between cg, environment (smke, fog, frelections) and live footage.
-pic 3- The most obvious giveaway is the glass on pic 3. It's what we call a pre-comp. This glass still lacks it's real-life characteristica like reflections, refractions. For now it's a transparent white layer! This HAS to be work in progress. And usually I'd guess a sky replacement is in the way for the final comp as well.
-pic 4- check out the shadow of the airplane vs. the shadow of the guy in the green vest running away from it. do they seem to be in the same light environment to you? to me they did the shadow for the cg plane a bit too black. this would probably still pass in a final comp. no-one has the time to analyse such things real time while watching a movie, and compositors/wisual effects supervisors know it, so the get away with these incongruencies as long as they don't look to obvious.

Aerodinamics/technical giveaways (and I'm no expert, but we all kind of know a bit about this):
- pic 1 - the control surfaces atr on the leading edge of the wing? seems to me like they could get flipped over.
- pic 2- air intakes for the engines seem a bit small to my eyes
- pic 3 -what the heck is behind the cockpit cover? That's not an air intake, but much rather an airflow-disturbing design "feature"
-where's the hinge for the cockpit cover?
- pic 4 - the guys in the FG aren't wearing ear-covers - not likely...

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

It's a hollywood-ified version of the "switchblade" (Northrop Grumman) aircraft. These photos have been floating around the company for a while now. B|

I always though the most obvious problem with the photos is the US Air Force markings on a plane that's sitting on the deck of an aircraft carrier...

Aerodinamics/technical giveaways (and I'm no expert, but we all kind of know a bit about this):
- pic 1 - the control surfaces atr on the leading edge of the wing? seems to me like they could get flipped over.

With today's computers, fly-by-wire, and dynamic control systems... if you can get it going fast enough to produce lift, it can be made to fly.