ACMESkydiver

Because I don't WANT a f*cking 'B' license!!!

That's cool. It means you've already learned the lifesaving skill and you're not ignorant of anything. Thusly my comments are not relevant - but had you not, I would have stood by them.

-But would I have gotten a spanking?? That's the most important part! :):P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I got my C because certain dropzones have restrictions on landing areas and licenses, and I like the increased time before I'm uncurrent. I never got my A, actually. I went straight to the B since I knew that there were certain aircraft that I couldn't jump form otherwise. Maybe I'll get my D someday.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Dudette! My water training sucked. I got thrown in a freezing cold ravine and couldn't breathe it was so cold.. The cool thing was they let me go first when the gear was still dry. That means I got to watch all the guys go after in freezing cold wet gear....neener neener!

Anyway someday you may want to jump out of a balloon or helicopter. If you have your b equivalent (not necessarily a B license number) they'll probably let you do it. In other words do all the stuff for it but just don't pay for the license. ;)

Personally I'd get it over with now while it's still hot outside but hey that's just me...

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Hey Jaye! ... Can I have your A license when you are threw with it? ;)B|:)

Sure...I will retire 'A44078' and give it to you Lany if'n these jokers ever convince me that a different letter in front of my name is necessary...:P

...an' it's starting to work unfortunately. >:( I've always wanted to jump from a balloon and chopper....guess I didn't consider those things in my 'I don't need no steenkin licensing' tirade...[:/]

-But it wasn't a political statement guys, really...it's kind of a sappy romantic thing that I'm not going on to anything above 'A' until my true-love joins me. :) -That was the promise I made, and I'm sticking by it. We'll go to 'B' and beyond together...holding hands...in the sunset...with his tongue down my throat and his hands on my ta-ta's >:(

..."I'm such a f*ckin' romantic!" B|:ph34r:
~Jaye

I have my A, B and D. In hindsight had I known at the time that I would have had my D (while it was still only 200 jumps) soon after I got my B (plus I got my B because I thought I needed it for night jumps, but I really only needed to be B qualified), I never would have gotten the B in the first place.

Now as far as my D is concerned, I have only ever needed it once, but I'm glad I had it. My D was required in order to jump at the Wildwood PST 4th of July Beach Boogie earlier this year and I had a great time there because of it. Without the D I never would have made the trip.

ACME should do her water training (after all this is a good thing to have), but she doesn't actually need to apply for the B License as long as she has an A. Most DZs just want you to be B qualified for the sort of jumps a B will let her do.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

But it wasn't a political statement guys, really...it's kind of a sappy romantic thing that I'm not going on to anything above 'A' until my true-love joins me. :) -That was the promise I made, and I'm sticking by it. We'll go to 'B' and beyond together...holding hands...in the sunset...with his tongue down my throat and his hands on my ta-ta's >:(

OMG!! :)

Don't you need at least a B license to go to the WFFC, or is it just the equivalent number of jumps.

You need the equivalent requirements, not just the jumps. And since the requirements include water training...

Just a public service announcement here, FYI:

You do NOT need to be "B" qualified to jump at the WFFC. You need only 50 jumps.

OK, back to your regularily scheduled tell her to get her "C" thread. ;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Wow, your water training did suck, Shannon! :D (Are you joking?)

In Elsinore, our water training is awesome! When I did it, we went to Alti-Bob's beautiful home. After being lectured, we jumped into his pool with the gear. Then, we got out of the rig/harnesses and swam out. Only one girl (not me) freaked out! :D When we were done, we got into the jacuzzi & were brought coctails and beer, until a very tasty candlelight dinner was served. It was so much fun!!!

in all fairness, shut up and jump! LOL

seriously, haven't you ever thought about doing beach jumps? landing and jumping over the water is cool. (I've jumped in places that were close to water but havent landed on a beach yet, I wanna)

night jumps arent for everyone. Only on a rare occasion would I do them but I got my "D" just in case the urge arises again.( i know you only need a "B" but I got them as I went)

etc well I gotta hop off and get some stuff done. I hope you are relaxed now! :P:P
My photos

My Videos

I got my C because certain dropzones have restrictions on landing areas and licenses,

My home DZ does; 'C' license and DZO approval to land at the airport. A lot of people like landing at the airport better because you land, pack, and are ready to go again...the East Field requires a ride back, and can seriously cut into your jumping time. I really don't have any intention of ever landing at the airport though; I'm not keen on sharing any kind of air space with student helicopter pilots B|...even if I have a D and PRO and everything else, it's just not a risk that I personally feel I can take. Cool for anyone else that can, though! B|

and I like the increased time before I'm uncurrent.

I don't mind doing a recurrency jump...$ isn't the issue, I'd feel better if someone jumped with me after a longer than 2 week break anyhoo. I'm definitely going to need a recurrency jump when I get back up in the air after this disaster with my right hand...[:/]:P

I never got my A, actually. I went straight to the B since I knew that there were certain aircraft that I couldn't jump form otherwise.

-Now that's what I'm starting to consider, however. I didn't figure missing out on some cool jump ships. [:/] Gotsta get my SO up in the air again!!!
~Jaye

Water training is fun. Suck it up and do it!:)
I have my C license. After breaking my ankle last year at least in part because of depth perception problems, I seriously doubt I will ever do the night jumps required for a D license. I can live with that!

:)
Go for it! I believe it's worth it B|

"There are no ordinary moments"

It never hurts to get extra training, just don't apply for the liscense. I used to get flack for not having liscenses even though I met the requirements. I simply took the test and had my S&TA sign off on my log book that I was A, B and C qualified. Never got flack after that, and every dropzone I've been to have honored his sign-off once it was verified.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Don't you need at least a B license to go to the WFFC, or is it just the equivalent number of jumps.

You need the equivalent requirements, not just the jumps. And since the requirements include water training...

Wrong. I went to WFFC with an A licence, 84 jumps and no water training. They asked how many jumps i have and when they learned i had more jumps than a B requires they let me in.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

calm down, no one is forcing you to get one are they?

Naw, but I just get sick of people asking why I don't have one...it was just starting to sound like people nagging, and it got on my nerves (and everyone on here knows that I have a freaking short fuse sometimes...:P)
~Jaye