lawrocket

Earthquake in Cali?

That is a nice thing about hurricanes. They can be destructive and irritating, but we do get 4 days notice. It's comforting that you get a choice as to whether you will stay and participate.

Well, one good thing about TX is that we don't have earthquakes or hurricanes (at least, not in Dallas). The bad news is that we DO have tornadoes. However, since I don't live in a trailer park (which seems to be the favored target for twisters), I don't worry so much about it!:D

Blondes do have more fun!

one good thing about TX is that we don't have earthquakes or hurricanes

...if ya live anywhere from San Antonio to Houston down to Brownsville then ya gotta worry bout 'em

This is my favorite site for Houston of all time (big laughs there)

Not to mention in Texas all the..
- hail storms
- random tornados
- sand storms (west tx)
- smoke haze from the Mexican burning season (Brownsville to San Antonio)
- droughts (remember the 80s?)
- mega-large cockroaches (coastal bend)

Godda love it. :P

Not to mention in Texas all the..
- hail storms
- random tornados
- sand storms (west tx)
- smoke haze from the Mexican burning season (Brownsville to San Antonio)
- droughts (remember the 80s?)
- mega-large cockroaches (coastal bend)
Don't live near the coast, so I'm not worried about hurricanes or the big roaches; not close enough to Mexico for the smoke haze, just for the immigrants (legal and otherwise); not worried about droughts this year, we seem more prone to flooding; never been to west TX so dust storms are still a mystery to me; and hailstorms I grew up with, so ain't skeered...

Blondes do have more fun!

Well, one good thing about TX is that we don't have earthquakes

Actually, Texas does have earthquakes on occasion, though the largest one was a 5.8 near Valentine in 1931. Check out the Texas earthquake info here:

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/states/texas/

I remember West Texas having a decent sized earthquake about 15 years ago (don't remember the magnitude though). It didn't do any damage, but a lot of people felt it. Most people had no idea what it was, so the police station was bombarded with calls from people who thought someone was breaking into their house or something. ;)

That is a nice thing about hurricanes. They can be destructive and irritating, but we do get 4 days notice. It's comforting that you get a choice as to whether you will stay and participate.

Yeah, and we've still had an astounding total of two deaths from earthquakes in Cali in the last ten years.

The nice thing about earthquakes is that you don't see them coming. May be shocking to all of you who'd rather face death and destruction. I'll put it this way - would you rather be told the date and time of when you'll lose everything, or just lose it all and deal with it? You're in exactly the same situation, only the earthquake victim at least didn't have five days of waiting for the inevitable.

My wife is hotter than your wife.