voodew1

AOT Boogie and wingsuits

You know... I'm kinda glad that Kris has my suit and not Voodew now :S

No need to worry, nakedness and suits are mutually exclusive. But that sucks about Kris. Luckily, I don't think anybody was lined up for your suit anyway.

I don't suck, I overcome. ;) I'll be at AOT tomorrow morning. B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I'm all about the tailgate....however, I had a small issue to deal with here at home this morning so I'm hoping I arrive between 6 & 7 tonight.

It's not like there's any jumping I'm missing anyway today, according to the weather reports, but tomorrow should be great.:)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

It's not like there's any jumping I'm missing anyway today, according to the weather reports, but tomorrow should be great

That's right, you didn't miss a damn thing, only 14 loads in the Skyvan and a hell of a party, one hell of a catered meal and one hell of a band.

Kris, we missed you buddy.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well I guess to end this post I would like to thank Ted "professor" for his help, Todd and Kathy for the tailgate plane, and a big thanks to "katiebear21" for loaning out the pint size suit. Levin thanks for loaning out your suit----Phreezone thanks for giving your suit to Kris (he never showed up) but its the thought that counts!

Rich, Wendy, Deb, Patrick, Britney welcome to the world of wingsuit
-- Kevin, Kylie San Marcos in a few weeks
-- Clint, Dave, & Peire as soon as I find a suit ot fit you

Thanks to the Waller crew for showing up, bumming suits and getting the 6 and 7 way flocks cooking

I am sad to say that Skydive Temple will soon have to give up the title as the top wingsuit DZ in Texas as Waller is about to take the crown with the 4 suit to be ordered and the 2 used ones there now.

Now for the first flights -- everyone did great and had a good time.
The most impressive was that little 95 pounder named "brits17" that posted 2nd half avg of 50mph and overall average of 59 on her first jump in Katie's Classic 2.
2nd jump was overall average of 53mph.

I think with a roll of twine and a good breeze we could fly her like a kite.

To those that got to fly this weekend go out and buy a suit so we can fly together, to those that I couldn't accomidate I will find suits to buy to have my own demo fleet shortly (We will get this done with or without the help of "OTHERS")

Anyone in Texas who has a suit we need ot plan weekend get togethers at least a few times a year in this state -- let me know.

Had a blast be back next year to do it again and watch the flock grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to ALL who help make this a success

Voodew
AKA "halfjack"

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Dude, you kicked serious ass at this boogie! You went above and beyond to promote wingsuits in Texas and it seems like every load I was on there were wingsuits (I know since your slippery butts would slide down the bench into me on takeoff:P:P).

Awsome job guy!B|

LOL, i am still laughing about that impersonation.

No joke, too bad its not on video, but I don't think anyone could stand up and hold a camera still enough for that to happen, we were all laughing too hard.

Unfortunately it is on video and the turtle has it thanks to Perry---I will never be invited to certain events again

Forgot to thank Hookit for cutting away my "baby" and than giving me the cash to take care of it--very stand up thing to do- you can borrow my gear anytime just try to hold on to the handles next time.

Thanks to all
I remember again why I love to skydive

Voodew signing off this post

halfjack too!

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Thank YOU, Jason -- the main reason I went was the wingsuit, and it definitely didn't fail to please!
Now I just have to find a used one in my price range and size...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks to the Waller crew for showing up, bumming suits and getting the 6 and 7 way flocks cooking.

That was a blast, and killer gainer exits to boot B|

I am sad to say that Skydive Temple will soon have to give up the title as the top wingsuit DZ in Texas as Waller is about to take the crown with the 4 suit to be ordered and the 2 used ones there now.

Yahoo!

Now for the first flights -- everyone did great and had a good time.
The most impressive was that little 105 pounder named "brits17" that posted 2nd half avg of 50mph and overall average of 59 on her first jump in Katie's Classic 2.
2nd jump was overall average of 53mph.

:$ I had to correct the 95. Katie, thanks again so much for sending your suit down this way. I forgot to mention, it matches my container perfectly. The purple and bling bling chrome looked great together.

I think with a roll of twine and a good breeze we could fly her like a kite.

I like Levin's suggestion of attaching a drogue and landing the suit.

Thanks again Jason for teaching us well, keeping everyone safe and accomodated. Ya'll rock! B|

Forgot to thank Hookit for cutting away my "baby" and than giving me the cash to take care of it--very stand up thing to do- you can borrow my gear anytime just try to hold on to the handles next time.

I suppose I owe beer for the first time I dropped a handle? ... Bugger... oh, and the first time paying for a repack while holding a riggers ticket:P

Anyway, thanks for the wingsuit demos. You guys did a fantastic job.

What a great weekend. This was the most fun I've had in quite a while. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. The Waller crew was awsome, hopefully we can get together with y'all again soon. It was so cool to be able to fly my suit all weekend. And the ring-around-the-turtle thing was awesome too. We'll get that right next time.

Here's a few of the pics I shoot. Sorry about the rainbow lines, those are courtesy of the HEB 'photo department'. I guess I need to start paying reasonable money for developing. :S

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

LOL, i am still laughing about that impersonation.

No joke, too bad its not on video, but I don't think anyone could stand up and hold a camera still enough for that to happen, we were all laughing too hard.

someone - nearer than you think "May" just have that footage.:D;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Thanks again voodew1 for letting me use the suit, and for getting the WS stuff together!

Thanks to everyone who was in the flocks with me… I had a blast! And a special thanks to Ted (professor) for that awesome shot of Doug, Bob & I (flock4.jpg)!!

Hope to see you all again soon, as I am looking forward to flocking (or circling like vultures :P) with y’all in my suit (as soon as it gets here)!

chirp, chirp...
Jen:ph34r:
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

And thank you Jen for all that flying around me you did.

There are at least four people now that can say that they actually DID fly circles around me.:$

Not that it's that hard - but to actually do it. . . . :D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And thank you Jen for all that flying around me you did.

There are at least four people now that can say that they actually DID fly circles around me.

hehehe... I never thought of it that way..!!:D

so fun!
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."