davedlg

Do You Speed?

my stratus currently tops out at around 125 according to the radar tests we did while in FL... the LaSabre T-type i had before ive had up to 140 following a friend in the NASCAR industry to Atlanta... i still had 2000 rpm to redline, but it was geared way higher than he was and lacked the horse power to push it much faster when i wasnt drafting him..

NICE.

My truck gets pissed off at me if I take it to 100mph. Not my truck really, but my mud tires doesn't like it too much.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

On a military base - NEVER more than 4-5 mph over the speed limit.

On the interstate I usually stay with the flow in the fast lane which is usally 8 mph over the speed limit.

My uncle was a state trooper and said usually 10mph over is where they start getting pissy. Unless they're not busy.:S

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

usually 10mph over is where they start getting pissy. Unless they're not busy.:S

10 mph over is the threshold for most radar guns in use in the US, anything under 5mph and you can effectively argue about variances in equipment, usage and calibration, so most cops are trained to go with what is 'beyond reasonable doubt' for any judge.

edit: on base you are absolutely positively correct... do not fuck with MPs/SPs... the civilian rules do not apply...

10 mph over is the threshold for most radar guns in use in the US, anything under 5mph and you can effectively argue about variances in equipment, usage and calibration,

Not so much if you get pegged with laser.

Then again, I've only been pegged with a laser once, since I was on my CB I knew about it about 4 miles before I got there and didn't have a problem.:)

I have no problems going 15-20 over and even more if I'm in a hurry. I haven't gotten a ticket since the day I turned 18 over 20 years ago although I have been pulled over lots of times and warned.:P

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

i break other driving laws more than speeding -- like turnng right on no turn on rights, passing constantly, parking illegally, and going thruogh "orange" lights. Its hard to speed living in the city...

but get me on the open roads in my car and somehow i lose sight of the speed limit... oops. Luckily I can work some charm on the cops (exept when I am hungover or coming from the gym... dang!:P )

have found myself checking my handle while crusing down the highway on my bike

You don't actually wear your rig on your bike do you?? I'm laughing about what would happen if you actually pulled the handle....

i've heard tale of someone firing their reserve off the back of another jumpers bike down going down shed road when the weather sucked and they needed a repack...just enough alt to flare on rears...:o supposedly there is video somewhere...

You don't actually wear your rig on your bike do you?? I'm laughing about what would happen if you actually pulled the handle....

Oh hell no. Ain't playing that game. A premie in the air would suck, a premie on my bike would suck more.:P

Yeah, my answer depends the vehicle. I tend to be safer on my harley. Although due to gearing my perfect cruising speed is about 68 or 80.
In my car, I tend to rarely be under 80 on open road. I think for me it is the traffic thing. When you drive in DFW traffic, you spend so much time doing 30 because there is nowhere to acclerate, that when you get the road, you wanna take it.
I used to have an integra, and that was bad for me, I got some nasty tickets. Knock wood, have not had any in a while. My Focus seems to go about as fast as the 'teg, because I dont feel as close to the ground. Guess I should slow down.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Not a single person follows the speed limit. Based on the responses, the average dzcommer usually exceeds the speed limit by about 12.4 MPH

Haha, i just voted for mostly stays the speed limit. Since i got my ticket a month ago and still haven't got my drivers license back, i need to behave for a while. [:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I like to speed. I like the feel of going fast, its just fun. I bought a truck so I would stop speeding as much as when I had a car. Keeps me under 100. Going more than 100 in a truck just feels too iffy. Used to do it a lot more when I owned a car.

I would like to get a bike some day because the open air feeling is nice. As a kid I always liked to ride around on dirtbikes and quads.

p.s. Anyone want to buy a 2001 Dodge Dakota 60k miles, well kept? :):D
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I got a ticket last Wed. getting down to SDC. 20 over in a 65. Only a $75 ticket in IL, in WI it'd be like $175.

Yes, I speed. Always. At least 15 over, otherwise it feels like I'm crawling.

C'mon, c'mon, places to go, people to do!

It's always nice to see how easy IL is on lawbreakers. :P
Lighter fines for speeding; parole for murderers and rapists; and of course, gun bans for the law-abiding.

Of course, I speed. Speed limits are set at absurdly low limits. Since everybody recognizes that, everybody goes somewhat over the limit.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"