jeremyneas

Girly names

My daughter's name is Ember Skye (I picked it) and the name chosen as backup in case of another girl later was Katalina Ivy.

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Abegail, Rachael, Ashleigh, etc....

Coming from someone who has a normal name with a strange spelling, PLEASE, spell it the way everyone else is going to spell it. She'll never be able to find her name on those cute personalized things kids like, and she'll spend her life sending important paperwork back, such as drivers' licenses and college degrees (yep, my name was misspelled on BOTH, and it was a ROYAL pain in the arse to get it fixed. Took six months with the drivers' license, and the college degree messed up my grad school applications because admissions insisted it wasn't the same person because the name was spelled differently!) because people THINK they know how to spell it. Please, seriously consider "Abigail, Rachel, and Ashley"

Thank you!!! It drives me nuts when people spell their children's names differently trying to be "cutting edge" when it really looks illiterate.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

You might have heard this before, but I think the name chooses the child. I was alwasy going to name my prospective girl Dakota.

Then when I got pregnant I drew a blank. One day we were watching Leathal Weapon IV with Jet Li. I had just eaten and the baby was doing summer saults, and I said, "Slow down, Jet Li." Then my husband and I turned to each other and said, "Jett!"

So the plan was Jett if it was a boy and ???? for a girl. As time passed Jett became Jett. Girl or Boy. I figured if it was a girl, I could always come up with a girly name for the middle.

As it turned out Jett is a girl. My husband is a pilot, so I had a friend go to birthing classes with me. She helped deliver Jett. When she cut the cord, I looked at her and thought, "ELIZA" What a beautiful name.

So long story, longer.... Jett became Jett Eliza.

She suits her name perfectly. Fast as a Jett, but she has her sweet little Eliza Ballerina side to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

So what do you think of Ansley? Maybe she just needs time to think, what with having so many names thrown at her at the same time? Lots of good names throughout this thread to choose from. Maybe go through it and pull out the names that were suggested more than once. Let us know what you decide. The suspense is killing me ;)

How about Heidi, or Chelsea?

I wanted to name our youngest boy "Ooops" but the wife wouldn't go for it [:/]

i know i'm jumping in late on this one, but lets consider that heidi name again! that has my vote =) I agree with Nightingale... changing up the spelling will be a pain. Mine is spelled normal but there's always someone who wan't to spell it "Hidey" or "Hiedi" - I think it dates back to that i before e rule.
Maybe Heidi isn't such a good idea after all? :)
Good luck!
Heidi

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Our daughter is Codi Taylor Nicole, it fits her very well. She was Bailey Daniele until I was 6 months along, then I heard Codi for a girl and was "sold". We ended up having two boys after her, so I never got to use any of my other girl names, but the ones I can remember off hand are:
Madison, Mackenzie, Malin, Grace, Elisabeth, Chancy, Sydney, I know there are more, but those are all I can remember now.... Good luck and congrats on the baby girl!

Well, my daughter's name is kind of a boy/girl name ... but I like it anyway. Her papa was a pilot and a jumper and I am a jumper. We liked the name Dakota because it is a strong name and it is also a kind of airplane (the DC-3 Dakota).

I didn't know any Dakota's at the time so I also thought it would be original (I was named Jennifer in the 70s and it seemed like there were a gazillion of us out there).

Dakota fits my girl perfectly. I couldn't imagine her being named anything else abd it really has turned out to be a cute girl name. I also liked Bailey, Riley and Madison.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."