SkydiveNFlorida

Jumping in costume...

Have you done it? What did you wear? What planning/prep went into it? Any pix?

I'm considering it, although I only have a devil costume, and i'm not sure how i'd fix my horn headband to my head so that it'd be secure in freefall. Hmm. I don't have matching shoes, either. I could go barefoot, tho, I suppose. Also, the outfit is lycra, so i'm worried it may tear in freefall.

So, share if you've done it. Any ideas about fixing a horn headband securely? And, if lycra would last thru a freefly jump (it's already a tad tight, too:|). I don't want to end up landing half-naked;) Should I just remain in a stand the whole jump? I can't stay in headdown for very long and i'm wondering if sitfly might tear it at the butt. B|:P

:)
-A

Lycra should last through the jump. If not then your naked...big deal, we like naked chicks on the DZ.

Get with an experienced jumper to look over anything that could cause a problem....

I have seen some costumes and extra stuff taken into freefall do BAD things.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

For people who plan to wear baggy suits (like Santa), think about how the wind will push the baggy material over your handles.

Anything that is attached may not stay put. A guy at WFFC jumped with an inflatable doll through his chest strap and duct-taped to his feet. It came out of his cs and was still attached to his feet.

I was on a load with a guy dressed as Batman. He said that the cape was no problem, but I have my doubts. He didn't inspire confidence. It seems to me that capes are inviting entanglement problems.

This is the suit I jumped in.:)unfortunatly, someone else took the jump photos and still has the pics.[:/]
...very warm and cozy for northern jumping this time of year AND year nice to jump in.