AggieDave

A good ruben (aka whats your favorite sammich?)

go to Phila. Jeffrey, then you'll understand completely

Been to Philly. The place is a shit-hole.

In regards to their "World Famous Philly Cheese Steak Sandwhiches" I had a few from several places. I was dissapointed. They taste like every other Cheese Steak in America. It's all hype. Nothing special whatsoever. They're all hype.

Forty-two

I'm sure Schnitzel is the more traditional name for it though. it's chicken coated in a mixture of egg and breadcrumbs then fried on the pan or grilled. tastes so good.
:)

Hmmmmm...maybe you're thinking of wienerschnitzel - breaded VEAL cutlet to be precise - damn good on a sandwich!

But my all time fave is just a plain tomato sandwich with mayo - can you tell I'm from the south?:D U.S., that is...and I resent being called a "Yank"!:S;)

PS: Lainey. You are beautiful! Want to transplant to Georgia?:);)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My favorite sammich is a True Philly Steak. Not one of those pussy watered-down things you get at hardees or at Quiznos, I want a REAL philly. 1" thick slices of beef, big mushrooms, Real Swiss. Oh yeah!

i thought real philly cheese steaks had provalone cheese, not swiss.. [unsure]

the best sammich so far has to be flyingferret's stilton burger... peppercorns and roasted garlic... mmmmmmmm

i had a roast turkey with grilled eggplant and swiss cheese on foccacia (sp?) one time that was awesome, once i nuked it to get the cheese all melty.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Dave,

a little food place here serves a "sammich" called the oh shit sandwhich. IT is a huge bun with roastbeef marinated in bbq sauce then piled on the bun topped with spicey melted mexican cheese and cream cheese. Try it out at home my friend, it is messy thus the name oh shit sandwhich as it falls off the bun, but you will go into a Homer Simpson food coma as you eat it. IT is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Blues!
D

Ahhhh...Just finished a really good Ruben sammich.

Whats your favorite?

Difficultly level: No PB&J.:P

10 inch Just Perfect peppered turkey from Wawa, provolone, lettuce, onion, sweet peppers, salt, pepper, oregano, please. No, no oil or mayo. :)

And I'll grab a Raspberry Iced Tea while I'm waiting.

(I'm talkin like three times a week, at least.)
---Nover

10 inch Just Perfect peppered turkey from Wawa, provolone, lettuce, onion, sweet peppers, salt, pepper, oregano, please. No, no oil or mayo. :)

And I'll grab a Raspberry Iced Tea while I'm waiting.

(I'm talkin like three times a week, at least.)
---Nover

Could you get me one too?:)
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

Ahhhh...Just finished a really good Ruben sammich.

Whats your favorite?

Difficultly level: No PB&J.:P

by far a 12" fried shrimp and oyster poboy from Louisiana Gold. Best fucking sammich I'v EVER had!!! i miss them :(:(
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

My favorite sammich is a True Philly Steak. Not one of those pussy watered-down things you get at hardees or at Quiznos, I want a REAL philly. 1" thick slices of beef, big mushrooms, Real Swiss. Oh yeah!

i thought real philly cheese steaks had provalone cheese, not swiss.. [unsure]

the best sammich so far has to be flyingferret's stilton burger... peppercorns and roasted garlic... mmmmmmmm

i had a roast turkey with grilled eggplant and swiss cheese on foccacia (sp?) one time that was awesome, once i nuked it to get the cheese all melty.

Patkat
gotta exercise my demons!

They're all mediocre at best. I've been to your city and have had your so-called authentic philly steak and cheese sandwhiches. Wasn't impressed. All hype. Nothing special whatsoever.

Forty-two