Evelyn

Strange Question...

I am asking this on behalf of a coworker. She wants to get into skydiving but can't afford the costs involved with AFF. She asked me if I knew any instructors she could date and get free lessons. I invited her to come to the DZ and told her I'd introduce her to the instructors I knew, but that I didn't know if they ever gave free lessons or if it was even allowed. She's single, 30's, very cute, perfect figure, etc. and I think she is used to getting whatever she wants from a guy. Don't know what, if anything she would give in return. She was an airline stewardess and is still on call so can fly for free, so if anyone wants to give my coworker free lessons let me know. I think she is looking for a relationship as well as free SD lessons.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Not real likely.

Basically any DZ worth anything won't let that happen. Infact, most DZs won't let an instructor near their girlfriend/boyfriend for training stuff.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but being an old married lady who had to pay for all her training I had no clue if it ever happend or not. I just wanted to give my coworker a realistic answer and not just my opinion.

Hmmmmmmmm..... Pimpette hard at work???:P:P:P:P

No way...I don't even like this coworker that much, just wanted to be able to give her an honest answer and help her out if I could. :S

Has she done a tandem at your dz yet?

No, hasn't done a tandem yet, but she's a very organized person so is planning ahead. I don't even know why I'm trying to help her, I don't even like her that much cuz she is soooo perfect, but she's hard not to like.

She would end up pissing off a lot of people more than likely if she tried. And... she is thinking ahead alright...she might not be jumper material or like it yet she wants it for free. You sound so much more down to earth and nicer than this friend of yours... it sounds like she wants to whore herself out for jumps! Woh... wth does she do for free flights on the airlines? :S
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

Has she done a tandem at your dz yet?

No, hasn't done a tandem yet, but she's a very organized person so is planning ahead. I don't even know why I'm trying to help her, I don't even like her that much cuz she is soooo perfect, but she's hard not to like.

JMO..but I'd "hook her up" with the tandem first and let things develop from there. She might not like it.:S I think it's odd that she's already trying to "work it" for free AFF when she hasn't even done a tandem to confirm she'd even enjoy skydiving more than the one time and check it off her list as something kuhl she's done. *raising eyebrow*

She asked me if I knew any instructors she could date and get free lessons.

Don't introduce her to anyone you like. If she pulls it off, the instructor is in for a lot of pain and heartbreak when she drops him.

That said, at least she's being honest about it, but getting a couple of Ks worth of training for free? Not unless it's the DZO she's shagging... and she'd want to be damn good in the sack for that.

You may want to mention that the first AFF jump is with two instructors. I don't know what the exchange rate is, but I'll bet you can get video of it for free. ;)

The cost of the instructor is only part of it. There is ground school, gear rental, gear re-pack, jump tickets for the instructors and the student.

I know people who have traded scuba instruction for skydiving instruction. The other costs were separate.

She would end up pissing off a lot of people more than likely if she tried. And... she is thinking ahead alright...she might not be jumper material or like it yet she wants it for free. You sound so much more down to earth and nicer than this friend of yours... it sounds like she wants to whore herself out for jumps! Woh... wth does she do for free flights on the airlines? :S

She is not actually a friend, just a coworker who I was trying to help out just cuz I like to help out people when I can. She really isn't a bad person, just thinks she's God's gift to man, LOL. She get's free flights cuz she's a flight attendent on call.

Don't introduce her to anyone you like. If she pulls it off, the instructor is in for a lot of pain and heartbreak when she drops him.

That said, at least she's being honest about it, but getting a couple of Ks worth of training for free? Not unless it's the DZO she's shagging... and she'd want to be damn good in the sack for that.

I am prepared to warn the people that I introduce her to ahead of time. And I don't know if she'll ever actually come to the DZ. A lot of people say they'll come and never do.

She really isn't a bad person, just thinks she's God's gift to man, LOL.

The source of that opinion? Probably men. :D

Attractive women receive offers of various forms of entertainment constantly. She's probably used to it. Rides on boats, trips, concerts, dinner, whatever.

She wants to try skydiving and wants to go with the method that has worked in the past.

As a man, I know that attractive women mention an interest in some activity and invariably a guy chimes right in. "Really? Me too. I love to . We should do that together."

A guy spends some time with a woman who has no interest in them. The girl suffers through an afternoon with a dork. Not a new social mechanism.

"Hi, want to jump with us?" "I've got 25 jumps." "That's ok."

Happens everywhere.

I don't even know why I'm trying to help her, I don't even like her that much cuz she is soooo perfect, but she's hard not to like.

She doesn't sound "perfect". If she was "perfect", then she'd be working at trying to become a good skydiver by herself through hard work/ devotion/dedication and for the love of the sport.

I am asking this on behalf of a coworker. She wants to get into skydiving but can't afford the costs involved with AFF. She asked me if I knew any instructors she could date and get free lessons...I think she is used to getting whatever she wants from a guy. Don't know what, if anything she would give in return...

So she's looking to become a prostitute? Because that's what you describe--she'll shag some AFF instructor if he'll teach her AFF for free.

It's called prostitution-trade sex for something of value.

I am asking this on behalf of a coworker. She wants to get into skydiving but can't afford the costs involved with AFF. She asked me if I knew any instructors she could date and get free lessons...I think she is used to getting whatever she wants from a guy. Don't know what, if anything she would give in return...

So she's looking to become a prostitute? Because that's what you describe--she'll shag some AFF instructor if he'll teach her AFF for free.

It's called prostitution-trade sex for something of value.

Well, I'm not sure, but I think she probably thinks she can get whatever she wants just by looks and personality without having to give anything else in return. But I don't know for sure since I don't know her that well and am just relaying what she told me.

Nail on the head.

I have "credit" with other AFF I's for otherside jumps cos I've jumped with their brother/sister/SO etc for slots only. Our DZ is pretty understanding WRT the ecconomics of these agreements. Generally, if I'm not making money, neither will they.

I could probably palm someone like this off on another two AFF I's if I could convince them that I really liked her - but they know me well...

As for trading a relationship for free skydives... everyone I know says relationships are hard work. Why would I trade that for free instruction?

Strange thing is - skydivers are quite dysfunctional when it comes to the ethics of relationships. This woman could go far in this sport - until she becomes a real skydiver and needs to find people who pay their own slots to jump with her.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Theres this small rule (at my dz at least) called the A-license rule. This means that you cannot date a sutdent until they have their A-license (we even sign an agreement to that) of course if you're already dating to them or whatever having met them off the dz there are exceptions, however in general I think shes going to find this is a lost cause!

You may want to mention that the first AFF jump is with two instructors.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good answer LOL. Fuckin whore is what she is[:/] Tell her she has to fuck the whole DZ. On video
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

hehehe that's too funny! and sad. WILL "WORK" FOR JUMPS?

You may want to mention that the first AFF jump is with two instructors.

it kind of sounds like she wouldn't have a problem with that!
Evelyn,
if she keeps bugging you... just tell her how much her gear will cost once she's done
see ya!
Heidi

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!