ACMESkydiver

How many drinks until you're guaranteed a hangover??

Oy...:S My head is splitting, :(

I've always had an unusually low tolerance, but geesh this is ridiculous. :P

So if I had to guess (and unfortunately I don't), it's 6 and I'm hurting.

Waitaminit....I thought your keyboard was drunk, not you! :P

Um... I can't answer the poll cuz I don't really know... I don't remember how many I had the last time I got badly hung-over...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Honestly, it depends on what I drink. Lately, anything with vodka pretty much guarantees a hangover for me, even if I only have one or 2. And cheap draft beer gets me every single time too!

I've had nasty hangovers when I wasn't even drunk the night before! And other nights when I really over did and felt just fine the next day!

It depends on what I'm drinking. I can drink Guinness or homebrew all night & still feel OK the next day. must be the protein & B vitamins & brewers yeast in it that prevents the hangover.
As for wine, I can usually drink a bottle by myself plus a couple beers & still be OK. probably because I am usually eating something when I drink wine (pretzels, cheese & crackers, etc)

but I rarely drink distilled stuff. when I do I need to be careful, because that will give me a hangover.:SB|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I run the risk of being lynched, but happy to say....

I have NEVER had a hangover! and its not for the want of trying! lol

I have been severly drunk on many occasions :$ but am always fine when I wake up in the morning.....

Some people have good looks / charm / money / luck ... I just have to settle for no headaches ;):P:D

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

I have only puked once after drinking and that was the first time. I don't remember ever having a really BAD hangover. After the Halloween Boogie, I was totally out of it, but my head never really hurt.

BUT I can drunk after only one drink soooo I'm not sure why the lack of hangovers.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

I got good and drunk last night. The only "hangover" I've had was a need to sit on the john this morning for a little while.

For me to be sick, headache and such, it takes a LOT of alcohol or only a little and odd circumstances, like being really dehydrated when I start.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm never had a hangover.... I know hard to believe, i've tried to give myself one, but it's just impossible!

blue skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Explain that, I've never heard that before.

Blood sugar is "burned" as part of the process that metabolizes alcohol. If you increase your blood-sugar, you'll effectively increase the rate that the alcohol metabolizes. The effect won't be noticeable in terms of how quickly you sober up, but it will be very noticable in terms of the amount of b vitamins that get depleted during the metabolic process. Low level of b vitamins is the primary cause of hangovers.

Higher blood sugar = quicker metabolic procesees = lower b vitamin complex = bigger hangover.

How is this relavant?

Somebody who really likes to mix with Coke would be well advised to mix with Diet coke instead.

Also, there is value in the "low carb" fruity drinks like the Bicardi Silver Low Carb Black Cherry, since "low carb" is inherently"low sugar".

Hangovers are made worse by a combination of: (in no particular order)
1) Drinking too much alcohol.
2) High blood sugar (likely caused by sugary drinks)
3) Low b vitamins.
4) Innadequate hydration.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Well, then, I"m going to try the diet Dr. Pepper for mixing my whiskey next time I drink, to see if there's a difference. Then again, its really really rare for me to get a hang over, even when drinking large amounts of alcohol.

I'm going to guess that you probably take a suplement that includes B vitamin...

Not that I know of, could be in one of the supplements I've taken, but I haven't been on supplements for the past 6-months since I haven't been lifting (pain prior to the surgery and surgery recovery) but I have been drinking...BUT yeah, I guess I've had a couple hangovers in the past 6 months which is odd.

ok, that makes sense.

That's interesting. I never knew about the B vitamin thing. I though a hang over was mostly dehydration. I'll have to take some vitamin B next time I drink and see what happens.

-----
Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries. - Corita Kent

That's interesting. I never knew about the B vitamin thing. I though a hang over was mostly dehydration. I'll have to take some vitamin B next time I drink and see what happens.

Unless you're taking it regularly, I wouldn't expect to see much difference.

That said, if you've seen ad's on TV for "hangover cures"... (brand names Chaser or Rebound) They're mostly b vitamins.

If I'm out drinking I will usually take two Centrum (multi-vitamins) before I go to bed, and again when I wake up.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.