chaoskitty

Do you know when you're being lied to?

Me too! Its like lying has become the standard and the people who arent afraid to tell the truth are the freaks.

This frosts me more then anything in the world....B| people will tell people what ever they want to hear, not the truth.

Some people for what ever reason feel it is better to hide things then be honest and tell the truth. They would rather hide things from you to protect your feelings...WTF >:(

You would rather have me pissed for being honest and telling me something that hurts but is the truth...then telling a lie to protect my feelings...

It is a hell of a lot easier to mend hurt feelings then it is to repair broken trust...[:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

No the last ones, I believe, from that night were...

What night? Ohhh the night you wouldnt get in the hot tub with us! :P
:ph34r:

Lessee -

I believe I would have tipped the scales a bit toward the sausage fest side, and thought better about doiong so. Besides - I had to be up and at the DZ by 7am . . . and after cleaning up all the rest of the "spilled beer" from that night - it was pretty late . . . :D

BTW the heat is still on and is GREAT for sore muscles in the colder months.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I take everyone at their word... I'm of the oppinion that I would rather believe others are in truthful and occationally be disapointed... then believe everyone is a lyer and be perpetually disapointed in others.

The truth will always come out... and often a lie has holes... I'll never call someone on it.

Scott

The key to successful lying is to believe what you are saying is the truth, whole-heartedly and completely.

Believe nothing. Trust no one. That's my new motto.

Well.. you should believe people when they say you are one coool azzzzz chica.. cuz you is. B|

But that wasnt the question.. If you believe nothing and trust no one, then you dont believe truths either.. but do you know when someone is actually lying?
Assuming everything is a lie doesnt count.

It is a hell of a lot easier to mend hurt feelings then it is to repair broken trust...[:/]

You just hit the nail on the hammer.. or the head.. or hammered the nail head.. :D

I think if people would think more about making good decisions, avoiding putting themselves in a position where they are ashamed of what they did.. or whatever else would make them lie.. that things would be a lot easier.
I know that is probably too much to expect. Yes. people make mistakes, but people also just do things without caring that its wrong. Then they lie to people who are supposedly important to them.
hmm. interesting.

But that wasnt the question.. If you believe nothing and trust no one, then you dont believe truths either.. but do you know when someone is actually lying?

I'd have to say no. I thought I did but things recently have proven that I have no clue. I am completely blind to it. More so the closer they are.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Ewwwwww

Heh -

You just hit the nail on the hammer.. or the head.. or hammered the nail head..

So if I hear what you are saying . . . You need to get hammered?

Sounds like good advice.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I'd have to say no. I thought I did but things recently have proven that I have no clue. I am completely blind to it. More so the closer they are.

I agree. I give everybody the benefit of the doubt but then I have to fight off the bitterness when people disappoint me. I try to be just fun and no worries and ignore. No one's perfect, I realize that. It's just not always possible when it is someone who I put some faith in. :S I don't give that kind of faith or deep feelings to many people and that's why it can get to me if I let it. I try really hard not to let it. I don't want to be one of those kind of people. It's generally not who I am.:D:)
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

what really sucks is when you're telling the truth, but the other person has it locked into his/her head that you're lying.>:(

I have been in that place too, with an ex. I understand what you mean, however, that's rare I think for the most part with most people. Sad but true. [:/]

what really sucks is when you're telling the truth, but the other person has it locked into his/her head that you're lying.>:(

True, but its usually easy to prove you're telling the truth. And if they still dont believe you, thats their fault.. you did nothing wrong.

Ugh. I can usually tell. Also, I've gained the skill to lie and hide it. I suppose in some circumstances it's a good skill such as not allowing the police to know you were the guy that jumped of the building, but in general, it will cause heartache and grief.

Lieing sucks bad, no matter which side of the lie you're on. Character can be defined in so many ways, so if in general you have a good character, it's negated by lies.

Mouth said it best with the truth would serve better.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

expecially when it is so obvious that the lie is being told - that you can make a prediction of the outcome of the situation, so close a prediction that people wonder if YOU planned it that way.:D

Just say it like it is. It just works better that way.

I assume that others are lying until I see otherwise. It's a side effect from working in public safety for 23 years.

Edited for spelling.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Liar liar pants on fire!!! Interesting thread... to say the least.

Answer to your question... sometimes. Everyone's different. Some people give themselves away, some are highly skilled manipulaters. I grew up with one, I should know by now how deceptive people operate. But, life's a dance, you learn as you go.

As for me and my house, I'm... ok at it. I've been caught in a lie and I've gotten away with a lie. Either way, I feel like utter poo poo. So yeah, I figured out early on the truth is where its at. And its a super cool feeling, even when the truth hurts. *hint* I often have a left eye twitch when I'm lying. Sometimes my nose elongates as well.

My personal feeling is that a liar is the lowest form of life. I actively avoid people who are given to mendacity.

I find it annoying when someone puts forth on a subject and is flat out wrong, but there is a big difference between a misconception and a crafted falsehood.

I have often found myself listening to someone, having no idea what was the truth, but being certain that it was not what they were saying. Whenever I have been motivated to check out the story, I have always been right. In general, thought, it is not worth the effort.

In the long run it is better to associate with people who speak the truth. Life is too short to spend it in the company of people who work hard at being contemptible.

Blue skies,

Winsor

For the most part, I have no idea when people are lying to me. I take what people say at face value and don't question them.
As for my capabilities of lying, they just flat out suck! Maybe that's why I trust people...because I think that they are as bad at lying as I am.

Orfun #21... thanks PsychoBob!