Spatula

Would you buy a PS2/XBOX now or wait until PS3 comes out in a year?

Looking for opinions. Been undecided on which to buy or wait. Thoughts?

The prices are cheap, get one now. Besides, there is a chance the next systems may not be out until laster 2006. Besides, will you want to spend that much on a system with a few games - if you can even get your hands on one?

I bought a PS2 when they came out, simply because I owned a PS1 and all the games are interchangeable. Most games introduced are available for the 3 major play consoles...so it is a personal choice which player you choose.IMO they will not release the new generation of consoles until next year, probably right before x-mas. So get one now;)

Food, Fornication, Freefall

neither, i'd just upgrade my computer. I had a PS2 but i got rid of it b/c i hadn't played it in almost six months.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Looking for opinions. Been undecided on which to buy or wait. Thoughts?

The XBOX2 will probably be out end of next year before PS3. I'd wait on that but the new batch of consoles will probably sell for about 2.5 times the price of a current generation when they launch, so your decision should factor that in.

if you play a LOT of games and have not played any on either system, i say go for an xbox because while there are a ton of good games on the ps2, right now the only reason i'd get a ps2 over an xbox is san andreas -- but i think its sposed to come out in june for the xbox -- and with halo 1 and 2, the splinter cel games, and a bunch of others (and GTA 3 and Vice City available for the xbox as well) you'll have enough to keep you busy till San Andreas makes it to the xbox.