kelel01

How do you define "in love"?

I think PK's answer might be a bit more jaded

Why would you ever suspect such a thing? I'm as innocent and pure as the driven snow :)

:D **cleaning coffee off monitor** :D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I think PK's answer might be a bit more jaded

Why would you ever suspect such a thing? I'm as innocent and pure as the driven snow :)

PK - you REALLY shouldn't temp lightning like that.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Oooh, good reasoning. I think PK's answer might be a bit more jaded, if not somewhat correct. It's all about semantics, though. There are less harsh words that could be used than selfish.

I think the word "selfish" gets a bad rap. There's nothing wrong with wanting your needs to be met. It's when that's the only thing you care about that it's a problem. Some people insist that even altruism is selfish - you do it to make yourself feel good. I can live with that. I need someone to be nice to, and I'd really prefer that that person be nice to me. If that makes me selfish, so be it.

Kelly - keep looking for a guy who'll love you back, or stick around for a while and see if you can nurture that feeling in this guy. Either way, don't feel bad about it.

Spencer

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

That's a fairly difficult question. I can tell you this. There is someone in this world that I have VERY strong feelings for. What a perfect chick. However, I can't have a "relationship" with her. Why? Well....basically we are just too differen't. Totally differen't people at totally differen't points in our lives. I think she is probably as perfect as a chick can get. I don't think I could make her happy. We make great friends though. I think we make better friends than we would SO's. So.....is that confusing enough? :D I wouldn't by ANY stretch say I am "In Love" with her. I very easily could be but I'm not. It would take getting something back. To answer your question......NO.

There is someone in this world that I have VERY strong feelings for.

That's definitely different than being in love. I was extremely close with a guy who was perfect. For awhile, I did think it was love. We got along great, we shared so many laughs, he taught me things about myself, I could trust him completely, and I did trust him with quite a bit. He is the perfect man, but he is not perfect for me. I've met the man where on paper, he is exactly what I would want in another person.

However, love is never perfect. The perfect guy for me right now will be different than the perfect guy for me in 20 years. Being in love is more than knowing the perfect person (then, it really is just instinct.) Being in love is not perfection. It's more of a strive than comfort...whether it's a strive to get the most out of life, learn more about yourself, trying to better the world, etc all because you know that person.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

All true Val. ;) She is everything I could EVER ask for in a chick. Her personality absolutely leaves me standing there with a stupid look on my face and jaw on the floor. I thoroughly enjoy every second I spend with her. She is HOT. Just at the wrong point in life for me. If I was 10 years younger or she 5-10 older........I guess THEN she would be perfect. :S:D SHe makes me feel wonderful........and brings out good things in me too.

I think Cathleen Schine posed this question best...

How does one fall in love? Do you trip? Do you stumble, lose your balance and drop to the sidewalk, graze your knee, graze your heart? Do you crash to the stony ground? Is there a precipice, from which you float, over the edge, forever?

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

That's a fairly difficult question. I can tell you this. There is someone in this world that I have VERY strong feelings for. What a perfect chick. However, I can't have a "relationship" with her. Why? Well....basically we are just too differen't. Totally differen't people at totally differen't points in our lives. I think she is probably as perfect as a chick can get. I don't think I could make her happy. We make great friends though. I think we make better friends than we would SO's. So.....is that confusing enough? :D I wouldn't by ANY stretch say I am "In Love" with her. I very easily could be but I'm not. It would take getting something back. To answer your question......NO.

You should really stop stalking Remster, Clay.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I think Cathleen Schine posed this question best...

How does one fall in love? Do you trip? Do you stumble, lose your balance and drop to the sidewalk, graze your knee, graze your heart? Do you crash to the stony ground? Is there a precipice, from which you float, over the edge, forever?

I prefer the analogy as thus :

You walk cautiously to th edge, look over, feel your heart racing and enjoy the anxiety-adrenalyn mixing in your veins. Step back, deep breath, and jump off, thrusting your heart out as far as you can.

Don't forget to pull . . . falling to far could be detrimental.

Did I just describe BASE?

P.S. Mocha needs to come back to Texas.:D