bodypilot1

F18 ride along

I wish I had video of my 16 ride alongs.... Glad there was no video of the night after

i have 1 ride in a f-16 and lets just say i slept like ababy the night after..... that damn "ride" wore me out.... maybe it was the 7 g's............ lookign backonit i wish i culd of just had the gas money (1400 gallons of jp-8 ~ $3k) as i would have a much better time skydiving...... did get me out of a day at work though..lol......

God, I really miss flying my old F15.
There is nothing like landing a speeding bullet in the middle of the ocean on a moonless night....

Yeah except with the absence of a tailhook you'd probably just "bolter" of the end of the ship.....:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

all airfore base have arresting cables i saw it in use at genview air base back in the 90s with a f16 that flame out over chicago with no oil presure.
----------------------------------------------
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. J. R. T.

I *think* for runway over-runs. Air Force runways have arresting cables to prevent the aircraft from going off the end of the runway. Heavily loaded fighter use a lot of runway.

you are correct... they have an arresting hook for times when they canot use their brakes to stop themselves....... i could tell ya how the system on the f-16 works if ya want......(not that you would it's pretty boring and a pain in the ass when you have to reservice it) a f-15 could land on the deck of an aircraft carier, but it would never makeit back off, either fromthe lackof a catupult atachpoint, or the fact that it's landing gear would of colapesed into the fusalage...... i have heard they landed a c-130 on a carrier once though, just to prove that it could be done........

on a side note, the a-10 has no arresting hook, i saw one go of the end of the runway once whila at work.... pretty interesting to see the zero altitude zero airspeed seat work.... dude was launched about 200ft up and his plane ended up nosed into the base golf course, of the end of the runway.... he passed the point of no return withought enough speed to get airborn and punched out.. left thejet running to the end of runway crew had to run over and "turn" it off....

Ha ha haa!! The Navy told me I'd never fly one of those things because I was a GIRL!! I told 'em to F*CK OFF and joined the Army

How long ago was that?? There are so many women in the fleet right now flying 14's, 18's, etc.

I remember even back in 93 was it? Kara Hultgreen who was an incredible woman became one of the first women to fly Navy Tomcats. Tragically she was killed but that chick rocked!!!

http://att.dealtime.com/xMDS-Call-Sign-Revlon--The-Life--amp--Death-of-Navy-Fighter-Pilot-Kara-Hultgreen~PD-106601157504

Here's a book on her story. It's a good read and let me into more of her life than what I already knew. She was a rockstar.

I also remember stories of women flying combat sorites during the first gulf war. If no the 18's, they were flying the Prowlers.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Ha ha haa!! The Navy told me I'd never fly one of those things because I was a GIRL!! I told 'em to F*CK OFF and joined the Army

How long ago was that?? There are so many women in the fleet right now flying 14's, 18's, etc.

I remember even back in 93 was it? Kara Hultgreen who was an incredible woman became one of the first women to fly Navy Tomcats. Tragically she was killed but that chick rocked!!!

1991-92. Women were still banned from combat flight at that time.

-Didn't matter in the end, I was 1/4th inch too short for flight. >:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.