Gary73

Most "saves" in one day?

After going months without a single one of my reserve pack jobs being deployed, I had three saves on Saturday. :o Got me wondering what the record is. Anybody have any idea?

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

I remember Chris Gay was telling me he had run a very high " useage rate" for a while. I don't remember the exact number but he had done the math and it was something rediculas like 18%. The thing was it wasn't all crw or test jumping or tandoms. It just seemed like every one he packed for was haveing rides. He was a little freaked out about it.

I don't recall haveing that jmany in one day but I have had a number of people have rides the same day I packed it. There was one guy that had... I think it was three rides in three days. I think I packed two of them. He was from out of town. Choped. I repacked it that night. Chopped the next day. I repacked it over night. And he road it again the next day. I think I told him to take it home with him to his own rigger. He was great busness but just too high of a risk. The skygods were after him.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Shit at first I thought you were the one jumping them!

:D Nope, all the main pack jobs were done by paid packers.

...I consider each one of those to be as important as a reserve packjob...

Or even more important, since you know they're going to be used.

You might ask some CRW teams - I know there have been ones with 3-4 cutaways on one jump! :-)

Yeah - one of the reasons I'm not all that interested in CReW. But were all those reserves packed by the same rigger?

I remember Chris Gay was telling me he had run a very high " useage rate" for a while. I don't remember the exact number but he had done the math and it was something rediculas like 18%.

As above.

I don't recall haveing that jmany in one day but I have had a number of people have rides the same day I packed it. There was one guy that had... I think it was three rides in three days. I think I packed two of them. He was from out of town. Choped. I repacked it that night. Chopped the next day. I repacked it over night. And he road it again the next day. I think I told him to take it home with him to his own rigger. He was great busness but just too high of a risk. The skygods were after him.

:o Yeah, really! Better to have someone else's seal on the rig when fate catches up with him! ;)

the most saves i had in a day was 5.but also had couple days with 4 saves a piece.! it seemed that day like it was raining freebags,non of them where intentional or in a wrap.last year alone i had 60 saves in a year.that is a very high return in my opinion.and some of it is scary.
sofar i 2650 reserve pack jobs,and as of last weekend i clocked up my 200 document save!
just a pity that i dont drink because i got quiet a few bottles of alcohol for consumtion!

Good job Gary. Did they give you a few cases of Diet Coke?

This actually made me laugh out loud :D

You'd have to know Gary, that's his drug of choice. I've never seen him so much as touch a beer.

Well done Gary, that's three friends still around thanks to you! :)

This actually made me laugh out loud :D

You'd have to know Gary, that's his drug of choice. I've never seen him so much as touch a beer.

Well done Gary, that's three friends still around thanks to you! :)

Caffeine Free Diet Coke. No joke.

3 more reasons why your our go to guy!

Rock on my man!

P.S. to Bill, True that Gary doesn't drink beer.
But.. He WILL tell you if you bought crappy beer for the DZ! :D:D
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

...I had three saves on Saturday....

Actually, all I ask for is a fridge pack, but Jeff gave me two. :)

the most saves i had in a day was 5.but also had couple days with 4 saves a piece.! it seemed that day like it was raining freebags,non of them where intentional or in a wrap.last year alone i had 60 saves in a year.that is a very high return in my opinion.and some of it is scary.
sofar i 2650 reserve pack jobs,and as of last weekend i clocked up my 200 document save!
just a pity that i dont drink because i got quiet a few bottles of alcohol for consumtion!

:o Damn! One save for every 13 reserve pack jobs? Sounds like more folks over there should be coming to you for packing lessons! Meanwhile, I know it's a slight violation of an ancient and honorable tradition, but what's wrong with asking for non-alcoholic beverages? It's been working pretty well for me. :)

Why didn't you tell me on Friday that this was going to happen on Saturday?
I could have bought C-F Diet Coke stock!
>:(:D:D

A little insider trading never hurt anyone, right?

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Last year I had 4 out of 12 packjobs used (in our 6-month season in Canada).

That's a 33% rate.

12 pack jobs isn't a large enough number to be statistically significant of course, but still, jeeze. Sounds like another market that's crying out for packing lessons. ;)

(Well kindof - I packed 8 BASE rigs for a friend and I last summer, and I consider each one of those to be as important as a reserve packjob, especially when packing for someone else.)

Hell, in that case I've had 5 saves in one day and I'm not even a rigger:P

(I should get round to buying myself a decent bottle to say thank you...)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There was one guy that had... I think it was three rides in three days. I think I packed two of them. He was from out of town. Choped. I repacked it that night. Chopped the next day. I repacked it over night. And he road it again the next day.

Was his name Bolas? hehe :P
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

After going months without a single one of my reserve pack jobs being deployed, I had three saves on Saturday. :o Got me wondering what the record is. Anybody have any idea?

Who would have thought you could get a "hat trick" in the world of skydiving ? ;):D
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

"... I know it's a slight violation of an ancient and honorable tradition, but what's wrong with asking for non-alcoholic beverages? "

...................................................................................................

The ancient tradition is a bottle of the rigger's favorite beverage.

I am one of those riggers who consumed his lifetime quota of alcohol before age forty. Now I still enjoy the taste of wine, just not the sloppy, falling down part of wine consumption.

So far this year I have packed four "saves." Two jumpers brought me bottles of de-alcoholzed red wine and one bought me a gift certificate to the best local sushi restaurant.
Local jumpers also know that i enjoy near-beer like O'Doul's or Warsteiner.