Adrock

Movie quoting....

A topic of discussion recently has been the quoting of movies and why men seem to quote from movies much more than women. Where is the link between gender and movie quoting?

Someone suggested that the competition that men have with each other is a factor, another said that it's cause guys want to be "cool". I just don't know.

I mean, I quote movies, often, but I haven't met too many other women who do. Is this just a by-product of the fact that most of my friends are male?

Discuss.

p.s. and a post about movie quoting wouldn't be complete without a quote:

Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherf**kers get scared, that's when motherf**kers accidentally get shot. But I don't want that. And you don't want that. And Ringo here definitely doesn't want that.

A topic of discussion recently has been the quoting of movies and why men seem to quote from movies much more than women. Where is the link between gender and movie quoting?

Someone suggested that the competition that men have with each other is a factor, another said that it's cause guys want to be "cool". I just don't know.

I mean, I quote movies, often, but I haven't met too many other women who do. Is this just a by-product of the fact that most of my friends are male?

Discuss.

p.s. and a post about movie quoting wouldn't be complete without a quote:

Yolanda, I thought you said you were gonna be cool. Now when you yell at me, it makes me nervous. And when I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherf**kers get scared, that's when motherf**kers accidentally get shot. But I don't want that. And you don't want that. And Ringo here definitely doesn't want that.

Because you don't get neat little phrases like "Yippee Kiayay - Muther Fucker" and the likes from Bridget Jones Diary or Terms of Endearment:D:D

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I quote movies all the time, too, and I often end up quoting the same "classic" movies that the guys quote all the time ...

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I quote movies all the time, too, and I often end up quoting the same "classic" movies that the guys quote all the time ...

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Animal House

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I love movie quotes... half the shit I say is from a movie...its amazing that most people dont catch on to that... or maybe they do and jsut laugh at me behind my back:P ohh welll

"If you need to use any of my skills...like nun chucks..you can"

What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

Something nelike, "I hear professional killing is a growth industry," comes next, right?:D

BUT, no one's talking about WHY men quote more than women for the most part....other than Turtle's dumb comment :P Turtle, I've never seen Terms of Endearment.

What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

Something nelike, "I hear professional killing is a growth industry," comes next, right?:D

BUT, no one's talking about WHY men quote more than women for the most part....other than Turtle's dumb comment :P Turtle, I've never seen Terms of Endearment.

Uh huh - SURRRE!

Here's a theory. The kind of movies that get quoted are the kind of movies that people watch over and over and over again to the point where they can say the dialogue before the actors. Frankly, the average "chick flick" wears thin after one or two viewings. Soooo... chicks who watch "guy flicks" are more likely to quote from them.

Just a theory, anyway.

Here's a theory. The kind of movies that get quoted are the kind of movies that people watch over and over and over again to the point where they can say the dialogue before the actors. Frankly, the average "chick flick" wears thin after one or two viewings. Soooo... chicks who watch "guy flicks" are more likely to quote from them.

Just a theory, anyway.

See she just said wahat I said - just better.

hey now there are some good quotes from chick flicks....

NAH!!!, they go more like this:

"...tell me you'll love me forever"

"Yes...yes...I like rainbows" :D:D:D:D

and the all famous - "You complete me" followed by " You had me at hello . . ."

I think you're just a post whore who had to post something. there isn't any competition and you know it.

Guys sit around and quote movies, girls sit around in thongs and braws and have pillow fights. But should be makin' Sammiches It's just what we do:P

Fixed it.

I just had my 250 pound Ex-Marine recruiter singing, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty....." as part of his Anger Management therapy... Quite better than him blowing up actually.... and that is pretty entertaining!

Swoo Rodriguez #1020, LawnDart, AR #007

Guys sit around and quote movies, girls sit around in thongs and braws and have pillow fights. It's just what we do:P

Braw? What's a braw? Should I have one of those?:P;)

I thought all girls from Kansas had braws???
And you warsh'em every week....
:D:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real