sdy

About Security Equipment in Skydiving... Pease help me...

Hi to everyone... I have a question for people who have already experienced parachuting... About security, what would you like to have for enjoying in a better way this extreme sport??? What do you think is needed for parachuting to be more secure? Which security equipment do you think is missing? Or what are the most common accidents you suffer while practicing this sport?

Thanks parachuters, I hope you can answer my quiestions please...

...what are the most common accidents you suffer while practicing this sport?

I used to hit the ground at terminal velocity a lot, but now have an Automatic Activation Device to open my reserve parachute. Sometimes, I would cut away too low for the reserve to open, but I now have a SkyHook system. My biggest problem lately seems to be hook-turning into the ground at high speed, causing multiple traumatic injuries and death. However, once in a while, I get hit by a swooper. That's usually fatal to both of us.

I think a good security device would be a Laser Cannon, that can track an incoming swooper behind me and vaporize him before he can hit me.

Roseanne Rosannadanna said it best, "You know, it's always something." ;)

I used to hit the ground at terminal velocity a lot, but now have an Automatic Activation Device to open my reserve parachute. Sometimes, I would cut away too low for the reserve to open, but I now have a SkyHook system. My biggest problem lately seems to be hook-turning into the ground at high speed, causing multiple traumatic injuries and death. However, once in a while, I get hit by a swooper. That's usually fatal to both of us.

I think a good security device would be a Laser Cannon, that can track an incoming swooper behind me and vaporize him before he can hit me.

Someone is developing a sensing device that knows when a swooper is too deep, and so auto-stabs the toggles or better still, deploys a drogue on the tail of the canopy, thus putting the pilot back directly beneath the main. Upon resetting body position, the drogue cuts itself away and reloads for the next potential save.:D

Someone is developing a sensing device that knows when a swooper is too deep, and so auto-stabs the toggles or better still, deploys a drogue on the tail of the canopy, thus putting the pilot back directly beneath the main. Upon resetting body position, the drogue cuts itself away and reloads for the next potential save.:D

I've been working on a similar but much less expensive devise...don't want to give it away until the patent papers are all filed, but imagine if you will, something on the order of a micro-circuit ground proximity radar & vertical speed sensor...in a dog shock collar!

I'm gonna be SO fuckin' Rich! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I want a jump plane with SIX engines hooked up to separate fuel tanks with 3 pilots. It will hold 20 jumpers and get to 15,000ft in 3 minutes, only burning 6 gallons of JetA per load. All for a $10 jump ticket. And I want it to have parachutes in case of some sort of failure.
I want FOUR parachutes on each jump with SEVEN AAD's for back up.
I would like to order a "Jock Strap" airbag for hook turns and one pair of $99.95 "rocket boots."
How much is the "Swooper Laser" that gets canopy tailgaters blown out of the sky?
I want markers(kinda like weather ballons) at the DZ at 1,000ft and 500ft so I can always know when to start my hook turn.
And I only want to be on loads with everyone that has "Mad Skillz".
And a cool looking fireproof jumpsuit.

Hi to everyone... I have a question for people who have already experienced parachuting... About security, what would you like to have for enjoying in a better way this extreme sport??? What do you think is needed for parachuting to be more secure? Which security equipment do you think is missing? Or what are the most common accidents you suffer while practicing this sport?

Thanks parachuters, I hope you can answer my quiestions please...

I think parachutists is the correct term.
You might look at some of the suggestions in this article.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I always thought "The Club" had a great value-to-security ratio. Putting one on the golf cart at the DZ might be a good idea.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I always thought "The Club" had a great value-to-security ratio. Putting one on the golf cart at the DZ might be a good idea.

Never before have truer words been spoken! :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Which security equipment do you think is missing?

Okay... I'll try to provide a more constructive, serious answer to that question:

I really wish that my dropzone would talk a lot less about abstention and a little more about birth control. They act as though condoms don't even exist. :S
Owned by Remi #?

Trivia question time: How many of you remember the device that appeared in several issues of the parachutist several years back that people though was real? Tell me what the device was/looked like and what it claimed to be able of doing? :D

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Don't remember what it looked like but wasn't it a "packing machine?"

NickD :)

Wrong, no soup for you.:D

I though for sure someone would remember what it was. It actually pissed some people off once they discovered it was all a joke.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

BINGO!! We have a winner!:D That has to be one of the all time best gags pulled in the skydiving community. I believe there are some old threads on here floating around on that device.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING