billvon

More rain in San Diego

Nope! The vehicles flipped over on the side of the road around here are primarily SUV's; their high CG makes them roll-prone when involved in the minor accidents we see here during the rains.

I didn't say SUV, I said a heavy 4x4, there is a stark difference!

Well, the picture labeled "train station" basically _is_ a storm sewer; it was just being used as a construction road too (hence the road leading into it.) Remember the big race in the movie version of Grease? That was filmed in an LA stormwater canal. If anything, a lot of the problems we have is that people consider them access roads 11 months out of the year, and every year construction equipment/trash/even people get washed away when the rains come.

I find this very interesting. So they're open to drive in and no one cares? That seems like a bad idea to me, but I don't live there so I don't know how it all truely is.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've been trying to keep up with the rain and storms going through cali, but do you have the total rainfall amounts for your area?

Its too bad that El Nino hates us so much and that yall don't have storm sewers and such to help with this sort of thing.

Shit... San Antonio went through this crap 3 times (anyone who lives here knows the drainage problems).. [:/]

'98 we had "The Great Flood" (what the TV personalities in SAtown call it). That's one good thing about my move up north, I won't have to deal with swimming waist deep on a city street to get to H-E-B. >:(

Oh... enjoy the summer you CA people..... think of the MASSIVE amounts of mosquitos and ants you are going to have soon! B|

>So they're open to drive in and no one cares?

They're not officially open, but get used (illegally) a lot. Homeless people like to live in them, for example, and often construction equipment uses them (legally) to work on bridges, train stations, roads and such. They make excellent parking lots.

Maybe, I've got a weird pc but, the images came-out real sharp on mine?

They all look fine to me except the very last one - it looks like a bunch of green and grey blobs. I thought maybe it was my monitor, but I just looked at it on our two other monitors and it looks the same... I dunno, I'm probably just hallucinating... :P

To answer your question better:

The two pictures named "canal" are two of these storm sewers. The first one shows some construction debris that got left in the sewer when the rains hit. Note the easy road access and the freeway work being done overhead. The second canal pic shows how big and flat these things can be; perfect for racing on or parking your backhoe for a while.

There's also a picture of a minor mudslide that was stopped by a chainlink fence near a mall. There's practically a waterfall there now.

The trail picture is a picture of one of my favorite mountain bike trails; a lot of trails around here double as rivers when it rains.

The last picture is for Keely, to prove to her that her vision isn't going (and to get her to stop going on about how bad the picture is.)

Any chance Perris will dry out by the weekend? Here's a tiny view of the rain-soaked dz:
http://www.skydiveperris.com/cams/webcams.asp?c=m

From Laurie's post it sounds like it's more flooded that this cam view indicates. I hope at least the North field is a bit dryer by Sat. :S

Umm, time to demo some gear from Square1?

Have you seen the sign that they put out when the landing area is muddy? It has a picture of someone completely covered in mud while wearing Square One demo gear... and a copy of the invoice that the customer got for the repack and the cleaning. ;)