superman0710

what keeps you going back up?

we all know why we jump for the first time. the thrill, the novelty. but what is it that makes you want to keep going back up?

for me, it's the feeling of really being alive. Of knowing that most people will never take any sort of risk in their lives and here i am dancing with death up until the point where i pull.

speak your minds, this can be a very broad topic, so go for it!

Because I bought soo much beer on student status, that I feel compelled to stay and drink all the student beer. :P

Actually, I really enjoy flying the canopy. It's funny, I enjoy freefall; but, I truly enjoy my time under canopy. I fly around in brakes and just take in the view. No super swoops, no CRW, just hang out with a smile on my face and enjoy it.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

When I haven't jumped for a while, I get in the plane and I ask myself, What the F*** am I doing? Then I get out the plane and I say, oh yeah, It's magical, being a tiny speck in the big sky! feels like I am flying, not falling, although the falling bit is fun too, 'cos its DANGEROUS! Wakes me up from my humdrum life and makes me appreciate things, puts things into perspective.

I love learning something new on each jump and raving about it with my skydiving buddies.

Also being involved in the sport has taught me a lot about myself and the more I learn, the more humbled I become.

Just my two cents worth.

XX

Sarah
www.sneale-create.com

"dancing with death" eh? That's very dramatic.;)

I don't know why I'm still going - but I don't think dancing, or being a speck in a big sky, or the serenity are my reasons. It's probably because I've invested a lot of time and effort into doing something well, and now I enjoy being a part of that.

I guess what I should do is carry on for another 20 years, and if I still like it - then start to take it seriously.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

The serenity. When life on the ground gets hectic, flying around in the air gives me that peace and focus! It is a definite escape!

T ;)

AWESOME! That is EXACTLY why I jump too!
-Amen

The dark side grabbed me :)
I found out how great it is to just fly my canopy around. Just take in the scenery, the sunset, etc...:)
There's nothing like CReW, it's so great!

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

[Reply]
The serenity. When life on the ground gets hectic, flying around in the air gives me that peace and focus! It is a definite escape!

T [Wink]
AWESOME! That is EXACTLY why I jump too!
-Amen

When I am up in the air I forget about my troubles, and just have a great time. Plus, being new to the sport, I love the challenging of trying and learning things. When I am on the ground and figure out what to do to change something, I have to go back up in order to try it :)
F LORIDA!

I just being in the sky without an airplane. Its freedom to do anything or go in any direction I can get get my body to go. As for specific moments:

Tracking dives: It is awesome to be zooming across the sky, especially at sunset, without a bunch of other people chasing after the leader. I feel like a bird. And I see wingsuit in my future.

Exit: I love seeing the plane go away.

Group Jumps: It is so fun to do jumps with my friends because they almost always have smiles on their faces and never take things too seriously.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I keep going back up because I was once told, early in my career, that UNTIL I had 500 jumps...I was going to suck at skydiving...

And, now I only have 80-odd jumps to go before I no longer suck...!!B|

Man - I can't wait until I can actually say "I'm a good skydiver!" That must be like over 1,000:S - oh well...baby steps!!:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

The thrill doesn't go away: like sex. Also, I think it gets more fun because that initial terrifying fear no longer gets in the way.
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

I started back in the 60's out of curiosity. There wasn't that much to do, maybe a 4 way one point round or style/accuracy. It got boring and I laid off for a number of years.

Now, it is different, there is so much to do and to learn, 4 way competition, big way formations, swooping, camera, freeflying, wingsuits, crew, boards, etc. I was once an "expert" and somehow today I am a continual student of something that is new to me. I enjoy the challenge.

Ed

Because if i don't all the other kids are going to laugh at me and i won't be cool and then they are going to pick on me and throw rocks and those hurt. plus if i don't jump then the starving kids in india are still gonna starve and i am going to have to buy candy bars for all of them with my jump money then i will be broke and i will be hungrey then i'll have to beg and then i might die in the streets a crack atticked junky and no one wants to do that.

that is why i jump :D

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com