Bouda

How old should your child be before they can go to spring break in Mexico

College, at least.

I agree. A 16 year old has no business in a Mexico party town. After a bit in college she won't be as fooled by some of the shit that people try to pull.

Her parents should be able to tell her why and should be able to recommend a vacation that competes with this. Otherwise they're just another set of parents who say "no" to fun.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

orangejumper you know what i am talking about. i mean you are a military guy like myself you know the sorta stuff we pull.now a 16 year old that doesn't know about the drugs and everythign else out there all i know is paul her boyfriend better keep her safe and not knocked up

I know what you mean bro but it isn't just military guys. All guys from 13-100 think with their dicks. Ok, maybe 100 is an exaggeration. All guys from 13-99 think with their dicks.:D:D

There is no way, on God's green earth, that I would let my daughter go to Mexico on a trip, NFW!!!!!!

The Original Cabana Boy!

Some friends and I went to Cancun for spring break our senior year in high school. There were about 5 of us. All but one was 18. We also had two parents that went with us so we had supervision and someone in case something happened. At the same time, though, there were maybe 15 people from my school that went down too. So when we did anything at night, clubs and such, we were all there and hanging out. It made it a lot safer for us to be with guys that we knew well and in a large group. We were good and didn't get into trouble but I don't know why my parents let me go. I don't think I would have.

There is a BIG difference between Cancun at spring break and Cancun as a vacation outside of spring break. I had another friend who's family had a condo and loved it there. But they would never go during spring break season.

They can go when they are 25.

LOL...I had already been married for 5 years and was pregnant with my second child at 25! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

They can go when they are 25.

LOL...I had already been married for 5 years and was pregnant with my second child at 25! :ph34r:

me too
EXACTLY!;)

I wouldn't let them go until they're old enough to have legally gone binge drinking locally. If you're American, that means 21. In Canada, that means 18/19.

EVERYONE will go binge drinking at some point. I wouldn't want my kids doing that for the first time in Mexico on Spring break.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I can't believe anyone would even consider allowing a 16 yr old to go to ANY beach resort, party-town with friends for Spring break.:o

Eighteen is barely old enough for a kid to party on the beach with a bunch of Rodriguez Brothers!!:D:D:D

Partying at a beach resort with REAL Mexicans???:S:S:P:P NO WAY until she's at least eighteen AND can afford to PAY for the trip with her own money!B|:ph34r:B|B|

well the foreign country i'm not worried about
one she is adopted and is actually latino
so was raise in Caracas, Venezuela. so i don't think the problem is there

Are you kidding? I am 100% latin (born in Peru), and my parents were WAAAAAY more strict than any caucasian children's parents that I knew growing up, and I even attended private, Catholic schools. I cannot imagine a latin girl's parents being open to their female daughter going to another country without a chaperone. Latin parents are notoriously strict with their daughters (sheltering them, almost excessively.) Being raised in Venezuela has NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING at all in common with the kinds of things that she would encounter in Mexico (especially if it is just across the border) on a spring break vacation.

Geez...very bad idea...:S

Okay, you KNOW there's going to be drinking! I say 21. Under 21 and drinking is going to result in way unsafe judgement and that may include danger and/ or unsafe sex. (I know many children are probably wiser than I was at that age but still can't help but think of how I was at that age.) B|
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I say yes and i also volenteer to take them down and keep them safe.

Good idea, but who's going to keep me safe? I've been to Mexico, I have a hard time staying out of trouble when I'm there, and I'm alot older.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey,>:( I didn't get into any trouble at WFFC. Now you, I think there are some pictures of you in a toga that is falling off.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If there aren't pictures or video, it didn't happen.

When the hell are you out of here. Go away!

Love ya sweetie:)

When the hell are you out of here. Go away!

I was SUPPOSED to be spending the night in Virginia tonight. However......because SOME people are stupid.......my passportS are lost in a govt beaurocracy. Can't leave until they issue the CORRECT kind of passport. :S So.....My guess is that I will have at least 3 or 4 more days to BUG the shit out of everyone on DZ.com. Oh....and leaving won't interfere too much with my post whoring. Bought a brand new Gateway Laptop from Best Buy last night and I'll have a LAN hook up in my bedroom in Baghdad. B| Then I can work on a second title......Most posts outside my home country. :D

I don't think Baghdad is on the same time as we are, so it might be kind of quiet for you here. But, if I know you, you'll just reply to your own threads:ph34r:

EVERYONE will go binge drinking at some point. I wouldn't want my kids doing that for the first time in Mexico on Spring break.

Binge doesn't even begin to describe the Cancun scene at spring break. $20 (iirc) gets you a wristband good for unlimited well drinks, and the clubs don't close till morning.