loumeinhart

firm handshakes men !!!

LOL, this is a funny thread. I have no idea how my handshake is and frankly could care less what anyone thinks of me because of it.

The only time I've had a problem with another person's handshake was this young(er) kid who just about crushes my hand every time we shake. I think he has self esteem issues.[:/]

Ah! The 'manley-man' handshake. That drives me nuts. Someone trying to crush my hand just to prove they have a grip. They probably got that grip from slammin' the ham!:D:D

Chuck

ya know some times that shit happens. makes you wonder what the other person is thinking. SO what I do is go in with a death grip aimed right for the wrist. The deaper in the hand the better death grip...

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

men shaking womens hands? Should the man do the old fashion hand shake for women or the good grip?

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

men shaking womens hands? Should the man do the old fashion hand shake for women or the good grip?

Just grab her by the back of the head and give her some good ole tongue. Unless she's someones grandmother. Then forego the tongue.

I might have to try that appoach sometime...just have to look around for th boy friend... or am I supposed to do the same to him?

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

In my mind a limp handshake is a sign of low self esteem or disrespect.

I remember meeting my former bosses bosses boss, Vince DeLuca, one time and his introduction of himself to me was... "So; You're the guy we're paying too much." All the while with my hand in the so-called mafia style grasp. It really shook me up!

Handshakes can convey a lot!

I have had people shake my hand while they were drunk and just forget they were shaking it. They won't stop until you physically pull your hand away. Had a guy do that after I threw him out of a party at my friends house because he was getting mouthy, I was sure he was going to try to take a swing while he had my right hand tied up but he never did.

Greenie in training.

I have had people shake my hand while they were drunk and just forget they were shaking it. They won't stop until you physically pull your hand away. Had a guy do that after I threw him out of a party at my friends house because he was getting mouthy, I was sure he was going to try to take a swing while he had my right hand tied up but he never did.

Well, I'd say, you got lucky on that one. Good thinking on your part. I hate it when smeone gets sloppy drunk and won't let go of your hand. I agree with you on that!;)

Chuck

Well, I'd say, you got lucky on that one. Good thinking on your part. I hate it when smeone gets sloppy drunk and won't let go of your hand. I agree with you on that!;)

Chuck

It would have been ok because his right hand was tied up as well ;) He was sitting in his truck to, and it is much easier to swing into a vehicle than it is out.

Greenie in training.

What if the person doing the hand shaking has arthritis and can't give a good firm handshake? You don't know if they have arthritis, so are you going to think they are disrespectful or have low self esteem?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

What if the person doing the hand shaking has arthritis and can't give a good firm handshake? You don't know if they have arthritis, so are you going to think they are disrespectful or have low self esteem?

I know a man, pretty well, who has arthritis and I know for a fact he doesn't lack self esteem... he just can't grip. With him, I give a much less than firm hand-shake. He knows, I have a lot of respect for him, too. I guess, when it comes to hand-shakes, you have to size-up the situation and adjust.

Chuck

I agree, I was just asking about the blanket statement the other poster made of:

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

This is such a white, male thread.

Give a firm handshake in Africa and you'll be thought rude and arrogant. Here meetings are a gentle blend, not a competition.
Do a bone cracker and you'd likely be attacked. Self defence, of course. I've broken the jaw of a "competition handshaker" in public,
at a restaurant. Don't attack me - regardless of the means.

The world is a big place. Learn how not to be considered an asshole by the locals.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I guess it depends what profession you're in, too. Every doctor I have shaked hands with seems to always have really soft hands (I guess from all those years of moisturizing soap use?)

I have a very strong handshake and usually expect the same. I've only had one embarrasing occasion where I shaked hands with someone my friend introduced me to in NYC.

The firm grip wasn't a good idea for someone who already has carpel tunnel and needs his hands to get paid... [:/]

Give a firm handshake in Africa and you'll be thought rude and arrogant.

I lived near an indian rez for a while and every indian I met did the dead fish handshake. It drove me nuts. I wasn't sure if it was a cultural thing or what.
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."