jwn

dating non-skydivers

there were two.. you know which one? The one was the East side of the street closed in January and moved to ~6800N on sheridan. Personally i thought that was the better place. The other one is still good tho just not a easy to get to for me

Umm....errr...it was dark, and snowing, and I just followed eeneR's directions.[:/]

All I can tell you was that when we were there Feb of last year, it had a narrow doorway, one window overlooking the street, a bar to the right of the dining area in a separate room, and I recally it being decorated mostly in muted reds and yellows.

*hoping eeneR pops in here soon with details*

sounds like Addis Abeba since it had a separate room with a bar.. they also had a sitting area by the window with pillows :)

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

not exactly Middle Eastern, but you like Ethiopian? there is a place near by :)

I've never tried it!

Ethiopian food is good! B| eeneR and I have gone to the Ethiopian restaurant a couple of times now and it's been good both times. They're desert is...wow!!! B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Lucky for me, Im married to a gorgeous skydiving instructor....:P

But if I were single, I would not immediately search out a whuffo...

I hate justifying why I choose to "jump from perfectly good airplanes" That gets so old!!!!

Some whuffo's never get it, those that do usually make at least one jump if not getting into 100%.

I have been to several dz's and I have yet to see a perfectly good airplane, anyway....:ph34r:

Hehehehe...>:(
"Guys manual: Chapter 5: When in dire need of nookie, pretend you are interested in her minky-ass hobby"
Brave man. I myself draw the line at needlepoint.:|

Lol shame, I guess he lost his copy of the manual as that probably would have worked when were together

The big problem I see is that I am at the DZ EVERY weekend that's not pouring, so unless your S.O. enjoyed coming, hanging out watching you pack, climb into an airplane, and land over and over all day, I don't see how anything could ever get stared.

They could have a hobby of their own.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Very true and that would be great. As for me personally, with my crazy work schedule it would be hard to have a relationship where we spent vast amounts of time on seperate things. Part of this might come from the fact that I spent 14 yrs. giving up doing the things I wanted to spend time with my wife and at the end of it all she found someone else anyway.:S So there may be some "F@$# it I'm not doing that again" attitude coming out, which may mellow over time. As for now, I can't see myself walking away from this sport for anyone.

Stop it val or i'll spank you.

I'm sorry! I can't help that both Buried AND FreeflyChile are living so close to me this summer! ;) Pity me!

hey we were there first.. You are living close to us

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Hey all ya'll is it possible for a skydiver to have a successful relationship with a non-skydiver?

Definately.

As a weekend-only skydiver you spend 100+ waking hours a week on other things you might have in common with a mate. Values are probably more important to you than skydiving. It'll be much easier to find a better match when you don't rule out non-skydivers. It's also much more fun to be with some one who isn't exactly like you. You want compatibility not sameness in all areas.

You need someone who accomodates the time and money you spend on your hobbies and be able to give them the same consideration. The hobbies in question don't matter - it's a general relationship issue.

You also can't expect your life to remain the same apart from having a significant other. You may spend less time skydiving on weekends because that's what you want.

Hey all ya'll is it possible for a skydiver to have a successful relationship with a non-skydiver?

Possible? Sure. Likely to have more trouble in it than if you weren't skydiving. Sure.

Skydiving sucks down time and money. Both are big issues in a serious relationship.

thanks that was the best answer i've heard. me and my girlfriend are having problems she says i ignore her for skydiving. i don't even go that much, but i think i'll save monry letting her go, so more money for jumping. yeahB|