Skolls081102

What's the most you have ever spent on sunglasses?

Remember peeps.. it's not the brightness of the sun that damages your eyes. It's the UV rays, so a $15 pair with no UV protection could actually hurt your eyes worse then not wearing any. Some of those cheapies magnify the intensity of the UV (was told that part) They will though let you stay in the sun longer then you would without so you get more exposer. Either way if you're not getting maximum UV protection wearing sunglasses your damaging your eyes.. They're only stopping the glare of the sun, they're doing nothing to protect your eyes :ph34r:

So why not spend a bit more for the actual protection? I may skimp on undies or some other parts of my outdoor gear. My sunglasses no way. My eyes are way to important to me. Plus if you buy polorized you get really cool effects off some cars windows. :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

no way...
I buy Oakleys all the time. One of the best pair of sunglass out. 200 on the average for me

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

They say 100% UV protection.

I know a bridge for sale in NYC cheap :D

:D Well, I haven't done much research into the effectiveness of the UV protection on sunglasses. It is worth looking into, though. I want to protect my eyes, too! :)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

$300.00 for a pair of Revo's (they lasted 5 years)
$279.00 for a pair of Maui Jims (going on 7 months)

It is so wonderful to put on a good pair of sunglasses and feel your eyes relax! :)

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

:D Well, I haven't done much research into the effectiveness of the UV protection on sunglasses. It is worth looking into, though. I want to protect my eyes, too! :)

I don't know all the details about UV either. I'm not that smart. I do know there are different UV rays in specrtum and they can get away with saying they block 100% of a certain one. Normally it's not the one you need to be blocking tho.. so it's kinda like selling "snake oil" as cure all.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

$130 ?!! What did you do for Hans... TO Hans to get yours for $130?! Nevermind, don't tell me. I'll have nightmares.

Nothing - I saw this:

$80 on Gator Convertors.

And I wondered what the hell!!!!:o

Although - I priced my glasses on the net and they were what he charged me for them - so I'm not complaining.

I guess you got some fancy pair, didn't you!??:D:D

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

$130 Killer Loop Rythme. They lasted 3 years and are by far the best i've owned. They dont make them anymore but have been able to get 3 pairs from ebay and a one website. I look everyday on ebay for them and snatch them up when I find them. If you have a pair i'm in the market.
"GOT LEAD?"

UV protection is easy. The sucker is the one that pays $300 for it, when you CAN get it for $15.

The bigger problem is sunglasses that are too small, so UV gets into your eyes from around the outside, while your iris has opened up on account of the darkened direct light.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

just can't seem to make the decision to get another pair. Thats $100 I would rather spend on skydiving. :)

:S Don't you get it? If you wear Gatorz, you don't actually have to jump. ...Newbie.
The only thing that could make me appreciate mine more is if they had a different brand name :P

In answer to Frankenc*ck's question, I've got the Alternators, which allow me to conveniently switch from "I'm not really looking at your eyes right now" mirrored lenses to "Even this crappy sky looks jumpable to me" Blue lenses. Just to add a little MORE excitement to my life, I usually take both hands off the wheel and change them while I'm driving. :o
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Have you seen these little rascals?......http://oakley.com/catalog/eyewear/thump/B|

Just my opinion- but I think those are the worst looking things I hav ever seen.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

[Reply ]
just can't seem to make the decision to get another pair. Thats $100 I would rather spend on skydiving. [Smile]

[Crazy] Don't you get it? If you wear Gatorz, you don't actually have to jump. ...Newbie.
The only thing that could make me appreciate mine more is if they had a different brand name [Tongue ]

oooooohhhhh....I get it...so instead of jumping I can sit on the packing floor and pretend to pack?! :P
F LORIDA!

oooooohhhhh....I get it...so instead of jumping I can sit on the packing floor and pretend to pack?! look hot? :P

Small correction needed. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.