skymama

Find sex offenders in your area

I saw this on tv this morning. Just Google your state's 2 letter abbreviation + sex offenders and you'll get the state site. There's a place to type in your zip code and there you have it. I found out there is a sex offender 1 street over in my brother's middle class neighborhood! :o I printed out the picture so he can show it to his kids with a "bad man" warning.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

unfortunetly, not all states allow anyone to know the whereabouts of pervs. I tried this a while back, and here in oregon, you can't readily find it....unless I'm missing something. I'd really like to know...my neighbor is a little odd and I have a 5 year old.
my pics & stuff!

Yes, this is true, but you can still see if a child (i.e., 12 y/o) was assaulted by a 30 y/o man.

It's good information to have - especially if you find your next door neighbor is a ped.

This subject was debated not too long ago; however, I'm glad Skymama brought it back in the limelight.:)

Yes, it's very shocking how many are out there, and those are only the ones that have registered and not yet moved. Hopefully people will start checking out who is in the neighborhood. I do not have a small child anymore, he is grown, but let me tell you, it's scary out there these days. And these are the people that have gotten caught. How many are out there that haven't gotten caught yet?

One moved in a couples of months ago not to far from my house.He had to go house to house telling people and handing out flyers that he was a sex offender.The flyer showed his face and the ages of the children he hurt,I felt like punching him in the face!>:(

Yes but the problem is it does not tell you what kind they may have slept with a 16 year old when they were18 not quite the sex offender you need to worry about but good none the less for that

some states do tell u what the crime is, and whether or not they are an offender or predator.

you can also go to http://www.sexualoffenders.com/ yes that site name is sad, and it will link you to every state search site. Some give very detailed info like FL, or IL, some give a vague map. it just depends on the state laws.
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...

We actually get postcards in the mail when one moves to the neighborhood, it usually tells the age of the offender and a brief description of the offense and the age of the child involved. So it takes out alot of the 16-18 yr olds.
You are right though if a 16 yr old girl is having sex with a boy that's 17 and he turns 18 while still in a relationship with the same girl, it would just be wrong to file such charges.

Yes but the problem is it does not tell you what kind they may have slept with a 16 year old when they were18 not quite the sex offender you need to worry about but good none the less for that

The FL site has a phone number to call. My brother already did and found out that the guy is a sexual offender on a child under the age 12. Since my brother has 2 toddlers, he's quite concerned! The guy's address was just registered a few weeks ago. I think my brother is going to pass out fliers this weekend now. He's not going to confront him, he's just going to let the neighbors know.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Re: the subject of 16 y/o and and 18 y/o; how can we determine if there was/was not a rape. It does happen. So, sex offendors do obviously exist with vics in this age group (i.e. date rape). So, we can't assume it was innocent just because of the age differences

The only tangible information is the obvious predators on young children.

Good thing is, at least we have some kind of resource out there.

unfortunetly, not all states allow anyone to know the whereabouts of pervs. I tried this a while back, and here in oregon, you can't readily find it....unless I'm missing something. I'd really like to know...my neighbor is a little odd and I have a 5 year old.

Hi stretch

Try your local sheriff's websight..... Thats the way it works in Wa state.

FWIW IMO Pervs don't always look like bad (odd) people[:/] You need to educate your daughter the basic safety stuff about: strangers, neighbor's, friends, and family:(

BTW my mom warned me about these people 50 yr's ago. They have been around forever, and always will be. Even if all the pervs are tagged there will always be new ones to worry about.

Educate your kid about what she needs to do. just in case. A infamous perv got caught in Wa state because he tried to abduct a little boy from a theatre restroom:S.

The kid screamed and yelled, dad chased and caught the dude and Wa State executed the perv in short order (per the pervs request) for his past crimes.

BTW the perv had a long perv history and said befor his execution "Pervs can not be rehabilited". You can probably google him "DODD, Westley Allen" >:( May he burn in hell!!!

R.I.P.

I just checked my zipcode (downtown Chicago). 49 sex offenders in my zip. I expected a lot since I'm in a heavily populated area, but 49. A few within a couple blocks. At least none live in my building.

It's scary raising a child these days. So many pervs and psychos to worry about.

OMG, there is one that lives right by me... near my nightly walks. I'll be carrying the pepper spray from now on!

Thanks Skymama!!!!

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

... here in oregon ...

Two ways that I know of:

The state police will provide a list of registered sex offenders in your zip code. Call (503) 378-3720, you'll end up leaving a message with your name and address and get the list in a week or so.

If you have one living near you contact the local sherrif or police dept and ask them about him/her, specifically, when was the last neighborhood notification made and what was in it. (I.e. the person has a history of abusing infants vs. 12yo boys vs. significant other's 16yo daughter, etc).

Also, the county sherriff's web site may list them if there is such a web site. And, I haven't tried this one, but you could just try calling the local sherriff/police dept and see if they know of any living near you.

Also, in Oregon, there is what is called a predatory designation. The short answer is that predatory is "bad", not predatory might not be bad (17 yr old got with a 20 yr old).

Blue Skyes

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

My GF's daughter was sleeping over her new friends house for the first time and of course I asked her the address, phone number, and the name of the adults that were living there. I was bored the same night and was surfing the internet. Seeing as how I'm in a new neighborhood, I looked under the Alaska Sex Offenders website. I was curious who may live around me.... needless to say that I found out that the home that my gf's daughter was staying at had a sex offender living in it. He was found guilty of 1st degree rape. Needless to say, that she is no longer sleeping over her friend's house ! You just may be surprised who lives around you....
Blue skies and Semper Fi's
JC