BillyVance

BEES!! WTF?!?

I had a strange encounter with bees at work today! :o

This morning I was notified to be careful when going outside as a colony of bees had settled somewhere nearby overnight. Well, I was going out to lunch and I by accident just happened to look up and see a huge mass of bees hanging off the top horizontal pipe on the chain-link fence near the parking lot gate. Looked like maybe 2000, 3000 bees tops... wow... so I walk to my car 100 feet away, get in, start up, and what the hell, maybe I'll have a little bit of fun and look for the golf ball I know is sitting in the car somewhere, with the intent of doing a "hit and run". >:(

So, I drive up to the gate, but something's wrong. There's a huge cloud of bees swarming all over the gate entrance. Apparently, they sensed my thoughts and decided to disperse and defend themselves. And there I'm sitting in my car at the gate, completely surrounded by seemingly angry bees, trapped because I have to roll down the car window and use my parking card to open the gate with, and I won't with those damn bees out there trying to get in! :S

It took maybe 5 minutes before the swarm slowly drifted out of harm's reach.

Phew! Don't fuck with a swarm of bees if you know what's good for you! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Phew! Don't fuck with a swarm of bees if you know what's good for you!

Shit, by the sounds of your story, you should be saing: "Don't even think about fucking with a ....."

hehee, that's creepy. Glad you made it. :D

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

One day I was out hiking when suddenly I heard what sounded like a million bullets wizzing over my head. I looked up to see bees so thick I could not see the sky. Having nowhere to run, I just stood there motion less until they had all flown away.
After wards, I went to convenience store and bought a lottery ticket but no dice. I had already used most of my luck for that day

I drove over a big bee hive on a ride on lawn mower once that had taken up residence in an old mole hill. They didn't like that.

About 1.5 seconds later I was stood about 150yrds away trying to knock a couple o'the bastards out of my hair and wondering how in the hell the lawn mower could possibly be trying to drive up a small tree on its own when I had the key in my hand.

Never did figure out how in my rush I'd managed to remove the key without killing the engine.

That night I went back and poured a couple of pints of kerosene down the hole. Then I stood back and chucked a lit rag at it. I missed.

Apparently bees don't like kerosene either. They began to swarm above the hole. I was just trying to figure out what I was going to do about the situation when the flame from the rag must have caught a whiff of the kerosene and the whole swarm went up in a ball of flames.

That was fun.

Ow, Bees. And they're defending themselves somehow!!

______

I suppose I could go into the fact that bees generally aren't that aggressive when swarming as they are just following a new queen and looking for a new home but when confronted with 1000+ buzzing creatures this would be little help.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Well serves you right for trying to harm them.
Bees will only attack if they or their queen is in danger.
They are really cure little creatures that provide us with endless supplies of fantastic honey.
You should rather be trying to rescue them from a bad ordeal or try to set them up in a nice home.

I have saved many a bee from an icy daqueri or a sticky cold drink.
I have also never been stung, although I have handled them, washed milkshake off them and blow dried them by blowing gently on them to dry their wings.

All you that are mean to them, I hope you never eat honey!!

They are real hard workers and never harm anything unless threatened, so stay out of their way!!.

Humph! >:(

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

I found out that I was only allegic to hornets while I was straped in on a pole while working in a phone terminal. No where to run, just pain and couldn't breath.

Now that sucks! B|

Seems to me that all telephone and power company field workers ought to keep a little gadget with them that when activated, it emits a very high frequency sound that paralyzes most insects in the immediate area, but won't kill them. Think of it like a stun gun for bugs. Damned if I can remember what it's called.

Being stuck on a pole or in a tree is the worst place to have a bee attack. Can't get away fast enough...

I LOVED the kerosene down the hole trick! That I'd liked to have seen! :D

My mom once got stung by a yellow jacket INSIDE her mouth! She was walking in the yard with a can of soda pop checking on the roses. She didn't notice the bee go inside the can. Took a swig and felt the buzz in her mouth. Instinctively she tried immediately to spit it out but it had taken hold on the inside lining and buried its stinger... that little fucker... ouch!! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

fuck bees, I'll punch them in the face

That would be the funniest thing I'd ever see. :D

Say does anyone remember the Monty Python skit where the hunter throws all kinds of weapons, dynamite, etc. at a bug he was hunting... then picks it up and takes a big knife out to carve or cut it... Too funny!! :D