BillyVance

Suzuki GSX-R1000 @ 174mph accident (VERY GRAPHIC!)

"Is it dead?"

-Rocco

"could I use that as a soup base?"

Soup Nazi: "Step right up, liver soup!"

Seinfeld: "Is it fresh?"

Soup Nazi: "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" :D:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I would say "Organ Donor" but I don't see anything left worth donating.

What a dipshit. I hope he didn't take anyone else with him talk about roadkill!

mh

once again.....It's a shame how ignorant some of the posts can be on this website....dude you jump out of perfectly good airplanes....from your coments I'm guessing you don't intend to become a tandem instructor either....what a dipshit.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Dude I know you feel me...I get so frustrated when skydivers act just like the jackoffs that post carnage videos on other websites and then sit around posting "they had it coming" "go Darwin!" "they should have known better ...jumping out of a perfectly good air plane" I'm surprised none of the ignorant fucks on here haven't started in with the "what a homo" type comments>:([:/]
This is what happens when I poke my head out of the BASE board:S
The sub-terminal nesting instinct grows stronger.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I too own a 1996 Honda CBR600F3. Except it's been feeling rather neglected these last few years ever since I first took up flying airplanes, then skydiving, then BASE and now a little Ground Launching. Dang you've got to know that my mother wishes that I would get all of this danger stuff out of my system, settle down with a woman, have babies, work around the house, go shopping, watch golf on TV and ultimately die a very boring death in some old age home like the rest of the family seems to want to do. But I sure hope I don't kill myself on my bike (or jumping) anytime soon as I know some people here would take great pleasure in flaming me in death because I did something they deemed as dangerous and unsafe.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Ok, I'm no mechanic, but how do they know he was going 174mph? Was he clocked doing that prior to the crash? Sorry if this is a silly question. Oh, and where is that?

I really have no idea. I just post the info as I receive it... I would have liked to have had proof though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That road looks awfully familiar - any idea where that happened?

I was thinking the same thing, it looks like Australia:| we have lots of guys who do those sorts of speed all the time.
I own a 26 year old bike specifically so I CAN'T do that. 'Cause I would if i could.:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What I would like to see:
If you have no experience, dealer will not sell you anything a sport bike bigger than 600c.
As part of buying bike, a price is tacked on for a weekend safety course followed by a weekend track day at a track designed for sport bikes.

If you buy from BMW and the Big 4 (3.5 now), you usually get a voucher for an MSF class. Might be true with Harley too. So you have paid for it. No roadside bars on the parking lot, however. As bad a generalization as it may be, sunday riders are drinking way too much and it shows in the intoxication levels of accident victims.

HP limits have been proven without basis, and cc limits are about as pointless. An R6 or the classic Goof2 is hardly safe, it just can't get past the 150s.

As for the incident, I have my doubts it's the real deal. Considering what happened to the rider, the bike in picture 2 seems way too intact. And the 174 figure was pulled out of someone's ass, because no one was there to see it happen.

Anyone whos does dangerous sports could very well mess up one day and end up dead. Let's try not to judge this guy anymore than we would judge ourselves.

I agree, however, do you condone high speed riding on public roads?

That's much different then a skydiving fatality.

If he would have been on a track and this happened, that's one thing, but on a public road...that's beyond reasonable.

depends on time and conditions.... public roads ARE for the use of the public of which he was a member... doing it on an otherwise empty road is much different than splitting lanes during rush hour...

Except that road is speed rated, and the speed is a maximum. Also there is no run off on the corners and the are BIG sticks everywhere (trees)
Now I speed all the time, but 200+kph on country roads that are generally poorly maintained is a body bag waiting to be filled:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Are there mods or attachments you can put on a bike that will record top speed? (needle stays as high as it was pushed, etc?) IF something like that were available, it seems to me that an idiot intent on going 174 on a public road would want "proof" of how cool he is/was.

I don't know if one exists because I was never interested in pushing it like that. (it was my brother's bike and even there was even a scratch I would've looked like that when he was done with me)

ps - it looks to me like ther isn't much left of the bike in the second picture. It looks like everything that could've been torn off in a tumble was (except for that one tire). Hell, I'm not even 100% sure which of the bike is showing.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Are there mods or attachments you can put on a bike that will record top speed? (needle stays as high as it was pushed, etc?) IF something like that were available, it seems to me that an idiot intent on going 174 on a public road would want "proof" of how cool he is/was.

With the newer fuel injected bikes, I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull the last few minutes of data from the ECU. *shrug*
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

With the newer fuel injected bikes, I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull the last few minutes of data from the ECU. *shrug*

What Kris said...that's what I was thinking...LoL...:D...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

The sport bike riders I have a lot of respect for ride very conservatively on public roads, then will push themselves and their bikes on track day at the track***

I agree completely, a buddy I used to race with took his GSXR up to approximately 160 on a public road outside of Yakima Wa. and missed a turn, the turn he missed was 1/4 of a mile higher than the valley floor, his body impacted next to a house and then slid up onto the road, it probably took him 4-5 seconds to hit the ground after he got taken off his bike by the guard rail.

his family had him buried in his 1200$ integrated body armor hein gerrick leathers. maybe racing leathers should include one of the following.... a) an intellegence enhancing drugs..... b) a parachute...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.