BillyVance

Suzuki GSX-R1000 @ 174mph accident (VERY GRAPHIC!)

BUWHAHA...the post author seeking gore reaction has had enough?:P

I am pretty pleased really, this have been civil, not moved to SC, and very mild compared to some there.

We have acknowledged that the cruiser steretype does exist, and I don't like them either. While also proving that sport bike riders think their sterotype does not exist and the media has treated them like poor misunderstand experts.

Good point, this has been a civilized thread so far... I just didn't expect or look for this stereotype slant to get into this thread. Oh well... Guess it's okay to stir the shit in the pot every now and then. ;)

Edited to add: But if the shit starts getting slung around, I bet this thread will either get locked or moved to SC! :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hell, I'm a cruiser guy and I know counter-steering.

Wasn't saying cruiser guys didn't (don't think you were saying I did, but I just wanted to make that clear anyway...).

Well, there are riders and those who ride motorcycles and it two distinct types of ppl.

Agreed... it's sad.

Trying to convince the latter to learn before hitting the road on a brand new 1,000cc+ sports bike (which they shouldn't have anyway) is an uphill battle. Just the other day a friend of a friend asked me to ride his brand new CBR1000RR home for him because he wasn't capable and "wanted to learn it on his own block for a week or so before riding it".

Kid has never ridden a bike in his life... I told him flat out that I give him 2 months if he doesn't take some courses and buy a bike he can handle.

That may possibly be the best job of pulling out of context I have ever seen in a forum.

:PYeah, I was pretty proud of that one.
I admit it, I was just having fun with that one...:D

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

***So, if I buy a Vespa, would you wave at me?

No, there's limits...next thing you know, you'll go all "mod" on us. Wearing a suit and have a Vespa with a fuckload of mirrors on it.:D

Hahaha:D

OK, now I'm offended! ;) Circa 1983-5 I spent every Saturday in my mid-teens hanging at the end of Carnaby street (London). You shoulda seen the scooters. Oh, and we mods were very fucking cool. :P

BTW, I'm no rider, but I'm a hell of a passenger, which takes a certain kind of skill and a ton of trust.

I'm in a college town, I see a lot of guys (and girls) on sportbikes wearing flipflops, shorts and a ballcap. I see those bikes infront of bars all the time as well.

;)

Sport bikes in front of bars? Come on now. I think it is just a tad bit more common to find Harleys and cruisers at a bar than it is sportbikes. Get to know sportbike riders and you will come to find that the majority of them are religious about not drinking and riding!

Ok then, explain why there are 30...yes, 30 sport bikes parked outside the most popular bar near Purdue campus...?:)[:/]B|...They also like to do tricks on the busiest road on campus at 3 a.m...when all the bars are getting ready to close and tons of drunks are stumbling out the door...

The door swings both ways...

~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

When was the last time you saw someone on a cruiser riding a wheelie down the highway at well over the speed limit? I saw someone on a sportbike doing that not even an hour ago.

They just don't ride wheelies cause 99% of them can't. :P

How long have you even been riding street bikes? Not even a year right? I'm not trying to offend you but what do you really know about motorcycling culture? Sometimes, to me (not that you care) you sound like a 50 jump wonder when it comes to street bikes. Get some experience before you start making generalizations.

And before you ask, i have been riding streetbikes for over 10 years (since I was 17) and I ride at least 300 miles a week for 7 months out of the year in DC area traffic. And I have friends that ride every type of bike. I don't like generalizations about my fellow riders (including you)...

I started riding in 1976 and got my first street bike (cruiser) in 1986. To me, though Dave may sound like the 50 jump wonder who packed (ahem) for a few years before riding, you sound like the 400 jump wonder who wants to put him in his place (not intended to offend). I think Dave's pretty much right on....

(Anybody who knows me also knows I'm full of shit....lol)

linz

How do you feel about pink? I found you the perfect bike, Kel.>:(

That's just wrong. And I thought the pictures that started this thread were horrific.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

I started riding in 1976 and got my first street bike (cruiser) in 1986. To me, though Dave may sound like the 50 jump wonder who packed (ahem) for a few years before riding, you sound like the 400 jump wonder who wants to put him in his place (not intended to offend). I think Dave's pretty much right on....

(Anybody who knows me also knows I'm full of shit....lol)

So are you supposed to be the 2,000 jump skygod then? :D Ok.

And I'm a 300 jump wonder not 400...:P

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

Probably been said loads of times in this thread already (9 pages; couldn't read them all....), but I think it quite funny that skydivers are cussing this guy for his mistake..........

I ride a bike (Fireblade - yes, sports, but I'm one of those rare people who likes all kinds of bikes) and my biking mates, who all regularly go past 150mph, think I'm nuts for skydiving.

The only question is whether you are putting other people at risk - bikes or skydiving - and as far as we know that road could have been completely clear; OK, don't have anything to back that but when we go out for a ride we usually get up crack of dawn in the summer and know the roads backwards...
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

How do you feel about pink? I found you the perfect bike, Kel.>:(

That's just wrong. And I thought the pictures that started this thread were horrific.

The blood and guts I can handle, but a pink bike ???
wretchhhh........

AHHHHH!!! MY EYES!! MY EYES!! Damn it, now I can't hear or see shit!! :DB|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban