wingnut

i am leaning twards the dark side.....

okay so i work with a group that does tech suport for "apple desktop" aka mac computers.... i'm thinking about geting a mac... got my eye on a nice little "mac mini"...... only problem is i wouldhave to give p my cool new dual monitor arangment, wich i'm notto upset about, i've just come tot he relization that i do three things on my computer,well four, edit skydiving video, resize and edit pictures, browse the web (aka postwhore on dz.com) and instant messege people... what beter to use than a mac...

so who else has one, and what is your favorite software to use on em????

p.s. anyone want to buy a athlon 2500+ with 1GB of pc333 ram and two 120GB sata drives and a dvd burner and a dual monitor capable video card with 128MB of ram and a tv tuner card and a 16 bit pci sound card and a firewaire card????? i'll make ya a good deal???? even have the documentation for all of it... well 95% of it along with a registered copy of win xp.... oh and a memory card reader that is nternal.....

p.s. anyone want to buy a athlon 2500+ with 1GB of pc333 ram and two 120GB sata drives and a dvd burner and a dual monitor capable video card with 128MB of ram and a tv tuner card and a 16 bit pci sound card and a firewaire card????? i'll make ya a good deal???? even have the documentation for all of it... well 95% of it along with a registered copy of win xp.... oh and a memory card reader that is nternal.....

I'll give ya 50 bucks for it!! B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

This week had my system crash..."Win protection error, system halted", and was sure my mother board was tits.
[:/][:/][:/]

When I discovered #2 stick of RAM was tits- and not the mother board, I went with replacing with new stick for now. Re: hurry up and wait for this system to die before I purchase a mac ???

Also interested in what software to purchase for a mac...and the benefits of 64-bit operating systems has my interest.

Windows XP 64-bit supports a maximum of 128GB of RAM with further extensions into the virtual memory space. The x64 version of Sonar 4 has
massive speed enhancements possible for anyone performing processor and memory intensive functions like audio and video editing.

On a per processor basis, you really can't make use of more than 2GB of RAM in a 32-bit system. Even if you have 2 processors to make full use of the 4GB limitation, the RAM is shared by the operating system and any applications currently running, reducing your available memory to something less than 4GB.

hmmm, decisions-decisions...
:S:S:S

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

There is an Apple store in Easton. I have to stay away since I spend the whole time drooling over the Apple 23 inch Flat Screens.

As for the OS, its ok, its not near my fav though. Personally... I'm still a Windows fan. I like too many games to go to a Mac.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Won't ever throw away money on a PC again. I have a new powerbook, I think. The all silver G4 with the big screen. I love it!!!!!!

I love iPhoto and some of the other goodies. Makes life real easy once you get past the learning curve. I found if I couldn't do it on the mac I had to think easier and the opposite of PC (meaning how it really should be done :D). Usually did the trick!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

i havn't really played a computer game since "king's quest VI"...... on my trusty ol 486dx/2 66 mhz......

Boy did that game turn you off that bad?!?! I would have thought you would have enjoyed playing a princess. Or perhaps you are still trying to figure out how to turn the frog into a prince.

Oh shit! I got my roman numerals mixed up.

Haha I can salvage it! Don't you play a queen in that one?

i duno, maybei have my numbers mixed up.. it's the one where you are the prince and you have to free the princess before she is forced to mary the evil wizard......loved that game, the quest for glory series was greattoo... i loved "sierra" products....

i duno, maybei have my numbers mixed up.. it's the one where you are the prince and you have to free the princess before she is forced to mary the evil wizard......loved that game, the quest for glory series was greattoo... i loved "sierra" products....

Quest for Glory rocked the small planet I think I maxed out every character in that series. (had way too much time on my hands) You are right about King's Quest V though. But just to test my memory I'm going to subject you all to a list

I: Knight on a quest to become a King
II: King on a quest to find a bride
III: Kidnapped orphan on a quest to become prince
IV: Princess on a quest to heal King
V: Old King on quest for multivitamin
VI: Prince on quest to rescue another princess
VII: Whole family on a quest to make sierra some more money.

There might have even been a first person shooter that came out after that trying to capatalize on the label.

I have them all (except useless last one) if you feel like a trip down memory lane.

But most people here I think would prefer the Leisure Suit Larry series.

Dave,

Always glad to see somebody considering a Mac....But if you want to do video I think you'd be better served getting an iMac G5...

Larger hard drive, faster processor (G5 vs G4 in the Mini), great LCD screen on both the 17" and 20" models. Can put more RAM in it...and likely many other reasons.

By the time you add a larger hd and RAM to the mini it's not all that much less expensive than an iMac. The G5s were also just updated and come with built-in Airport and Bluetooth.

I'm thinking you're going to use your existing monitors which is why you're looking at the Mini so it's not straightforward but thought I'd give ya my .02 worth.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Dude go with the mac. Especially if you are going to do video and photo editing. Though I dont have alot of experience with PC editing, it seems as though the Mac was designed for that type of stuff. I will agree with Phreezone on the OS. Im not going to jump up and down about that but i dont have any complaints about the video editing part. I love Adobe photo shop and Final Cut. Both have worked great for me!

Im gonna need a bigger hammer....