BikerBabe

Hmmm...Somebody doesn't want to be beaten by a girl. waaah.

That has to be one of the most chicken shit excuses i have ever heard.:S Does he not think that experience may give HIM an edge??:S

The only thing i disagree with is your statement that it takes no brains to race nascar.;):D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

As a matter of fact, she qualified 4th and starts on the second row. So apparently, there are 3 guys out there, that are heavier than she is, and can outdrive her. Kind of makes the argument that shes lighter and faster null and void. Doesn't it?
She just happened to outdrive 29 other racers. Good for her. It's a shame that everytime a woman tries to break into a mans sport, there's always some ass willing to step up and make bullshit coments. I hope she wins.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

DP has done a great job the past couple of years proving herself as racer :)
However.....the IRL's weight rules are creating a unfair advantage.....that 105 lbs is not a great advantage on a super speedway.....take that to a tight road or street track and it becomes a huge advantage.

Ohhhh... RG is a whinner......but he has a valid point....the IRL should fix there error in weight rules.

I believe that DP will continue excel in a male dominated sport even if the rules are fixed.

Edited to add: I cant really agree with putting IRL above Nascar........now get Cart and the IRL back together........then it would be a superior series ;)

and if were gona banish RG back to any series......it should be back to off road racing where he is a master.

Well, I was really putting open-wheel racing in general above NASCAR.

I agree...IRL and whatever CART is calling itself now desperately need to get back together. There's nothing wrong with getting off the oval and onto a road course, IRL!!!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

It is a tough call. There are plenty of smaller guys that he will race againt... Maybe 50 lbs lighter....... If he is 200 I know that a number of the other drivers are much less.... If he was worried about it he should have been bytching about it before. I guess then the rule should be in his eyes weight the car, weight the drivers and add weight to the car to make them all basically as fat as the fattest driver with weight.

I dont buy that argument... yeah there are many factors that give an advantage and if you dont take it then your stupid... but unfair, I dont think so....

As a side, Indy is loving the attention I would guess. THey have a HOT female driver (unlike the previous 3) and are getting lots of attention. Is it unfair for David Letterman to have an employee of his on his show to advertise his racing team, oh as a side to hit the human interest story of it as well, yeah right.. I dont think this is off or unfair at all.. Shut the fuck up and go drive the damn car. I honestly dont think she will win, not since she is agirl but looking at the prerformances of past rookies, not women rookies but rookies in general. Would I be happy to see her win, sure that would really piss some people off...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Robbie Gordon is a whiney-baby anyhow. Pfffffft! His statement holds about as much water as a sieve! It's about 'skill' as a driver. What about A.J. Foyt? He was no little guy and he won the Indy!? I think also, it takes as much intelligence to run NASCAR as it does any other form of racing. It's all about driver skill and team strategy, pit crews and etc.

Chuck

Its the drivers skill in the end that makes the final call, but his point is valid.

Think about this......she is lighter and therefore can go faster into the turns because there is less lateral force on the vehicle due to her weight. She can also drive deeper into the turn because the lighter car will take less distance to slow down. Tire wear could play a difference also, as well as gas intervals.

She is a great driver and I wish her the best, RG is a cry baby and the governing officials might need to do more tests to see if the advantage is enough to change things over.

When you do 4way, do you wear weights? Its all about leveling the playing field.

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Hmmm...Somebody doesn't want to be beaten by a girl. waaah.

Hmmm.............and it seems there are others out there paying very good money to be beaten and verbally abused and humiliated by women. I guess you just can't account for some people's taste. :ph34r:

Robby's known for running his mouth and speaking his mind. He's one of my least favorite drivers... He's just a jack-ass... I laugh every time he wrecks.

Danica did drive her cute ass off though... came in 4th while running out of gas on the last lap...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Danica would have won if it wasn't for the fuel. She had to dial back to a 3 while the cars who passed her at the end were all running 100%. Even dialed back to a 3 she finished 4th.

RG is a punk... plain and simple he's now given himself and his racing team the banner of whining little bitches.

Tony Stewart (NASCAR) had a valid bitch about the IRL. He was upset that IRL moved the start time of the race up from 11am to 12pm which prevented him from actually running both the 500 and the 600 in the same day. This would also have prevented RG from racing both. So I think RG was just being a bitch and trying to ruin some of the spotlight this talented (no doubt extremely cute) race driver was getting.

She even outshined the winner with press coverage even in his native country the UK. Who won the 500? Who came in third? All I've seen is who won 4th. I know her team mate Vitor won 2nd with very little fanfair from the Rahal - Letterman team owners.

It was Danica's race..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Now I'm trying my hardest to explode as quietly as possible.:D:D:D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Car racing fans talk about it being a sport and the drivers being athletes. Well, until I hear shorter basketball players crying about the other guys have an advantage as a result of their height, I'm not gonna pay this much attention. Different body sizes/types have advantages in most competitions, e.g. taller basketball players and heavier offensive linemen.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Car racing fans talk about it being a sport and the drivers being athletes. Well, until I hear shorter basketball players crying about the other guys have an advantage as a result of their height, I'm not gonna pay this much attention. Different body sizes/types have advantages in most competitions, e.g. taller basketball players and heavier offensive linemen.

Blues,
Dave

Somone pointed out to me that A. J. Foyt was so big he had a hell of a time just getting in/out of an Indy car, yet his size didn't seem to hurt his Indy career too badly.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.